IXTL

well they should make a time limit in cart say 3 minutes then opens back to market. if im entering info i shouldnt lose opp to buy it.

this is an option indeed !

goodluck on hunting but im pretty sure they will be a lot more available soon ... since many were able to get 2!

and the price is a bit high ...turn off lot of people to get more than 2

Edited by Skylynx

Nope, that's where the term cart jacking came from.

Since people like to put things in carts and then leave the page.

These companies are forced to use open carts.

If there's one left, whoever checks out first is the winner.

It's the name of the game with highly wanted low run toys

Nope, that's where the term cart jacking came from.

Since people like to put things in carts and then leave the page.

These companies are forced to use open carts.

If there's one left, whoever checks out first is the winner.

It's the name of the game with highly wanted low run toys

All they would have to do is what a lot of movie theaters and high demand ticket sites do: A real time checkout timer. Gives you 3-5 minutes after putting something in your cart to checkout. If you don't enter all your info in that time, you lose out. You're also put back into a queue depending on how high demand the item is.

Blizzard does this for Blizzcon tickets. It was done for Star Wars Celebration VI tickets.

I went back and looked at Gamu toy's photos: the backpack uses the notches for the fold booster and an extra pair of holes for the further forward that the v1 does not have. There are also holes in the forearms and notches in the shoulders that are new.

Thanks for checking bro. I had a long night last night at work and just woke up unfortunately and wasn't able to try on the super parts on the v1 yet. I'm wondering if the parts can just clip on even without utilizing the holes. And of course I gotta get ready to go to work again. =( Wasn't being a kid much simpler?

All they would have to do is what a lot of movie theaters and high demand ticket sites do: A real time checkout timer. Gives you 3-5 minutes after putting something in your cart to checkout. If you don't enter all your info in that time, you lose out. You're also put back into a queue depending on how high demand the item is.

Blizzard does this for Blizzcon tickets. It was done for Star Wars Celebration VI tickets.

the difference is that those theaters and ticket sellers are only selling one thing at a time, or at most a few dozen distinct items (eg. different concerts, movies, etc.), and people they cater to are typically buying only one kind of item at a time and they specifically know what they want to buy, so transactions are expected to be quick hence the timeout counter.

for retail webshops like Amazon, Amiami, HLJ, etc., customers actually take quite a bit of time assembling their cart which consists of several items, particularly when free/discounted/combined shipping is involved. so it would be rather annoying for these customers to have to keep re-adding things to their cart because they were timed out while they were still shopping/browsing. plus there is a risk that they would forget which items they've had in the cart and therefore a lost potential sale. so it's actually in the interest of these kind of webshops to encourage customers to shop longer on their sites and keep the carts open, or set the timeout to a generous one, like a couple of hours or so.

now, one could argue that they could just enforce the timeout for selected items. but how would they know which items will be hot? if i was the procurement manager at one of these shops, i might know which Macross items would be hot, but know nothing about Saint Seiya, or K-On hairclips, or which variant of that. even for Macross, i'd be hard pressed to predict which new/re- release would be hot. remember the original YF-29? it was up for weeks. if i made the wrong call, that might mean lost sales because these not-so-hot-after all items would be timing out from people's carts and some of them might not be bothered to go search and re-add them again. with an inventory of hundreds, if not thousands of items, one can appreciate that this is easier said than done. not impossible, but a very big resource investment like what Walmart does.

i've been cart-jacked a few times myself and i know how frustrating it can be. but if i think about it, the luck needed to not lose out at the last checkout screen is the same as the luck one would need during the F5 refresh frenzy. if anything, having an open cart system encourages customers to sign-up/pre-register to gain a little bit of advantage during checkout. increasing registered customers potentially translates to future sales. i wonder how many have signed up at CDJapan even though they've never bought there previously? i wonder how many will now be getting newsletters from them, or even make a future purchase they might have bought elsewhere?

a better solution would be to do a one-click/express checkout (like what Amazon does) alongside the usual checkout button. it encourages registration/membership and offers customers the flexibility to do a quick purchase, or to shop around for longer, hence no need to predict which items will be hot. still, the company will have to weigh whether this will be beneficial for them or whether it would encourage their customers to make fewer/smaller purchases. and that will depend on what items they carry, and whether sales from hot quick-to-sellout items are a significant portion of their overall income for them to bother with the added IT investment.

Pretty much agree with everything said above. It's not impossible to implement a shopping cart like that but these webstores don't have the kind of resources that an Amazon would have.

Thanks for checking bro. I had a long night last night at work and just woke up unfortunately and wasn't able to try on the super parts on the v1 yet. I'm wondering if the parts can just clip on even without utilizing the holes. And of course I gotta get ready to go to work again. =( Wasn't being a kid much simpler?

I'd think the back booster could clip on just using the notches for the fold booster, the shoulder and arm bits definitely would not fit on the v.1. If you're of a particularly daring persuasion though, you could probably add the notches and holes you need to make it work with a Dremel fairly easily. :p

the difference is that those theaters and ticket sellers are only selling one thing at a time, or at most a few dozen distinct items (eg. different concerts, movies, etc.), and people they cater to are typically buying only one kind of item at a time and they specifically know what they want to buy, so transactions are expected to be quick hence the timeout counter.

for retail webshops like Amazon, Amiami, HLJ, etc., customers actually take quite a bit of time assembling their cart which consists of several items, particularly when free/discounted/combined shipping is involved. so it would be rather annoying for these customers to have to keep re-adding things to their cart because they were timed out while they were still shopping/browsing. plus there is a risk that they would forget which items they've had in the cart and therefore a lost potential sale. so it's actually in the interest of these kind of webshops to encourage customers to shop longer on their sites and keep the carts open, or set the timeout to a generous one, like a couple of hours or so.

now, one could argue that they could just enforce the timeout for selected items. but how would they know which items will be hot? if i was the procurement manager at one of these shops, i might know which Macross items would be hot, but know nothing about Saint Seiya, or K-On hairclips, or which variant of that. even for Macross, i'd be hard pressed to predict which new/re- release would be hot. remember the original YF-29? it was up for weeks. if i made the wrong call, that might mean lost sales because these not-so-hot-after all items would be timing out from people's carts and some of them might not be bothered to go search and re-add them again. with an inventory of hundreds, if not thousands of items, one can appreciate that this is easier said than done. not impossible, but a very big resource investment like what Walmart does.

i've been cart-jacked a few times myself and i know how frustrating it can be. but if i think about it, the luck needed to not lose out at the last checkout screen is the same as the luck one would need during the F5 refresh frenzy. if anything, having an open cart system encourages customers to sign-up/pre-register to gain a little bit of advantage during checkout. increasing registered customers potentially translates to future sales. i wonder how many have signed up at CDJapan even though they've never bought there previously? i wonder how many will now be getting newsletters from them, or even make a future purchase they might have bought elsewhere?

a better solution would be to do a one-click/express checkout (like what Amazon does) alongside the usual checkout button. it encourages registration/membership and offers customers the flexibility to do a quick purchase, or to shop around for longer, hence no need to predict which items will be hot. still, the company will have to weigh whether this will be beneficial for them or whether it would encourage their customers to make fewer/smaller purchases. and that will depend on what items they carry, and whether sales from hot quick-to-sellout items are a significant portion of their overall income for them to bother with the added IT investment.

These websites are also catering to someone buying one type of item. While I am sure there are a certain amount of added sales to those sites during the release of a certain item, I seriously doubt it's enough to sway them to not implement a queue system if it became necessary. It in fact could be turned on only for certain items. There's no loss from someone just perusing who happens to add said item to their cart and it removes itself. "Please be aware Mr. and Mrs. customer, this item you have just added to your cart comes with a specified time frame in which it can be purchased before being released" or some such nonsense.

It's not like people are just happening across these ultra rare and hard to get items either. "Oh, this looks cool, let me cart this for a few days to think about it." Odds of that on specific release days are slim to none. As a procurement manager, you would set a list, check it within a specified amount of time and check sales VS that. You have 9,465 units left out of 10,000 that are using the system 1 week in. You turn it off. No harm, and no lost sales. The prices of some of these items alone (simply referring to Macross) would prohibit spur of the moment buys for a lot of people.

Even then, using Blizzard as an example again, their store sells regular "every day" items. Things that are certainly nowhere near ultra rare or coveted anymore, but when they sell Blizzcon tickets, the very same store has added features for that specific item. Sure, Blizzard is a poor example because they have unlimited people to throw at this stuff, but it's also not rocket science or expensive to have a website designed in such a way. You don't need an IT team of 400 people to add a timer to a checkout process.

Traffic for those sites also plays a major factor in the first come, first checked out game. You click checkout after entering your CC information at almost the same exact time I do. You win because the page times out for me but lets you through or vice versa. The queue systems help alleviate some of that problem.

I agree that 1 click checkout would be awesome, and being registered for the website you're using ahead of time is also good. I just think it wouldn't be some ultra stretch to use a system like that.

These websites are also catering to someone buying one type of item. While I am sure there are a certain amount of added sales to those sites during the release of a certain item, I seriously doubt it's enough to sway them to not implement a queue system if it became necessary. It in fact could be turned on only for certain items. There's no loss from someone just perusing who happens to add said item to their cart and it removes itself. "Please be aware Mr. and Mrs. customer, this item you have just added to your cart comes with a specified time frame in which it can be purchased before being released" or some such nonsense.

It's not like people are just happening across these ultra rare and hard to get items either. "Oh, this looks cool, let me cart this for a few days to think about it." Odds of that on specific release days are slim to none. As a procurement manager, you would set a list, check it within a specified amount of time and check sales VS that. You have 9,465 units left out of 10,000 that are using the system 1 week in. You turn it off. No harm, and no lost sales. The prices of some of these items alone (simply referring to Macross) would prohibit spur of the moment buys for a lot of people.

Even then, using Blizzard as an example again, their store sells regular "every day" items. Things that are certainly nowhere near ultra rare or coveted anymore, but when they sell Blizzcon tickets, the very same store has added features for that specific item. Sure, Blizzard is a poor example because they have unlimited people to throw at this stuff, but it's also not rocket science or expensive to have a website designed in such a way. You don't need an IT team of 400 people to add a timer to a checkout process.

Traffic for those sites also plays a major factor in the first come, first checked out game. You click checkout after entering your CC information at almost the same exact time I do. You win because the page times out for me but lets you through or vice versa. The queue systems help alleviate some of that problem.

I agree that 1 click checkout would be awesome, and being registered for the website you're using ahead of time is also good. I just think it wouldn't be some ultra stretch to use a system like that.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT. THERE SHOULD BE A SYSTEM IN PLACE WHERE YOU DO NOT LOSE WHATS IN YOUR CART. ITS EQUIVALENT TO CHECKING OUT IN TOYSRUS, AND WHILE YOUR PULLING OUT YOU CASH OR CREDIT CARD, THE CASHIERS SAYS " OPPS, TOO LATE SOME ELSE BEHIND YOU TOOK THEIR CASH OR CREDIT CARD OUT 1ST"

is sal the best shipping from ami ami? i dont wanna pay 40.00 to ship one item. i selected sal refistered but it doesnt tell you price. anyone know?

2,290 JPY for registered SAL to France for a VF-27 on amiami.

Edited by pinkimo

Hmm.... the same 2,290Y for registered SAL to Canada. Wasn't so sure about this bird, but being below MSRP, I couldn't resist. Still can't wait for the VF-25S to complete my squadron, might even "pre-order" (if I can - its always in the middle of the night here!) just for the piece of mind.

Put in my HLJ shipping request last Monday and it still hasn't shipped.

My friend ordered one yesterday from Amiami and it's already shipped.

Even taking the holiday into account, that is stupid slow.

Nothing like paying for EMS shipping only for it to take as long as a SAL shipment. Times like these remind me why I dislike ordering from HLJ.

Recent pics make the 27 look a lot better so I really want to get my hands on it and see for myself.

Guest davidwhangchoi

gone now... i was tempted in getting another but i held my willpower until it said sold out(discontinued)...whew!

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Put in my HLJ shipping request last Monday and it still hasn't shipped.

My friend ordered one yesterday from Amiami and it's already shipped.

Even taking the holiday into account, that is stupid slow.

Nothing like paying for EMS shipping only for it to take as long as a SAL shipment. Times like these remind me why I dislike ordering from HLJ.

Recent pics make the 27 look a lot better so I really want to get my hands on it and see for myself.

Mine has finally shipped from HLJ. I sent them an E-mail and they replied about the holiday, but my order started moving after the e-mail was sent. It took a long time, but that's better than paying NY prices so I am ok with it kinda, plus I get good customer support. I actually get fast replies via e-mail.

I have resisted getting another one so far, I hope I don't regret it. I wanted to see the one I had ordered before I decided if I need another, although I set my limit to 1 on this release.

Edited by Loop

I think it's funny that the one valk I have no desire for constantly comes back in stock. I am however very happy to see this trend continue. It seems that Bandai has been ramping up their production since the release of the vf-171cf then rvf-25 and the re-release of the vf-25f.

An extra optional head would be fine, but technically only "horned" is on-screen canon, and the only one with a definite modex number (102). If they include both, then they probably wouldn't print the name/numbers, again. I'm still irked that we got STICKERS for the modex numbers on Grace's, so as to be able to "customize" it with any assortment of non-canon numbers. The mold only matches Grace's, so just print Grace's number on it like they did for Brera.

It'd be like offering Milia's VF-1J, and then giving a sticker sheet for the pilot name and modex number, when Max's had it printed on---there's only one just like that, so print it up as hers of course.

The 1/72 model had the hornless CF, so I dunno. As for an optional head, is there going to be much of a gap when there's a hornless version in place? Should probably check it later. Could work, and yeah the stickers SUCK...I mean why couldn't they just go with the CF 171 style of no numbers? I know the show had it, but it's not like the extra Antares 1 tampo prints are accurate to the show. A little leeway will make it better...at least not having crappy stickers.

mine finally arrived from HLJ today.
Took it through transforming into each mode once... Can instantly see that it did not receive the same amount of love poured into the VF-25 Renewals.
Fighter mode is nice, but had the most difficulty with Battoroid mode.. especially when trying to get the nose and cockpit under the chest (anybody with tips on doing this easily?) I even got it stuck under the head at one point, and had to fiddle around with the head and neck piece to finally get it out.

It's pretty back heavy even without the super pack, so I can see why the spacer was included. Gonna give the Super parts a spin when I have time.

After fiddling around with this, I'm kinda glad I stuck with just 1, to complete the collection. Despite having nicer legs, it doesn't bend enough as compared to the VF-25 in Gerwalk mode. Might consider leaving this permanently in fighter mode when I display it down the road.

Got mine yesterday. Not bad, although I liked the way the V1 gun clipped attached in fighter mode A LOT better. I had a heck of a time with the new one. The "C" type hook towards the front doesn't lock in well at all. I fiddled with mine for a long time trying to get it displayed with the gear down and gun barrel open. That hook doesn't really work with it this way. It either collapses or pops out.

And the optional piece that plugs into the arm isn't very secure either. Mine moves around easily and doesn't hold the gun handle very well.

Not sure why Bandai switched to a much more complicated and less secure method.