HLJ Sale.....again.....the usual stuff

jvmacross

I finally got the 1/60 Fire Valkyrie. Not from HLJ though.

Paid US$186 shipping included from HKCollectibles. Saved $100 of retail price.

With this trend, I am getting used to buy a valkyrie a year after released.

Let's see if I can wait more than a year for the VF -4G.

I finally got the 1/60 Fire Valkyrie. Not from HLJ though.

Paid US$186 shipping included from HKCollectibles. Saved $100 of retail price.

With this trend, I am getting used to buy a valkyrie a year after released.

Let's see if I can wait more than a year for the VF -4G.

That's a great buy man. I'm still not sure how I feel about Basara's valk but it's either growing on me oooooor some OCD is compelling me to buy all the main hero valks.

That's a great buy man. I'm still not sure how I feel about Basara's valk but it's either growing on me oooooor some OCD is compelling me to buy all the main hero valks.

I had multiples valks from all the Macross series but since the new ones have become very expensive, I sold most of them and focused only on the main characters too.

I really don't understand the reasoning in the price difference between the new and old valks. Same plastic, same process, waaaaay different wallet molestation.

According to Graham, a huge increase in labor costs of Chinese factories is one of the main causes.

That's why we need more kit versions, to help Yamato save on labor costs. :D

Anyway though, it's definitely more than just labor cost. The complexity and quality of the engineering on these newer valks is definitely taking its toll as well.

eh we should stop guessing and making excuses about what drives the cost of the valk....we have not idea on their cost structure. Engineering hours are relatively cheap. costs structures could have changed just changing materials factories ...anythinig really. Selling price is not necessarily related (in fact they usually aren't) to cost. They charge what they want because they've determined that a the optimal selling price to hit their profit targets. end of story. As Yamato's reputation has gotten better, their prices increased - simply put, they charge what they do because they can. Same with any product and company.

eh we should stop guessing and making excuses about what drives the cost of the valk....we have not idea on their cost structure. Engineering hours are relatively cheap. costs structures could have changed just changing materials factories ...anythinig really. Selling price is not necessarily related (in fact they usually aren't) to cost. They charge what they want because they've determined that a the optimal selling price to hit their profit targets. end of story. As Yamato's reputation has gotten better, their prices increased - simply put, they charge what they do because they can. Same with any product and company.

For a momennt I thought you said we should stop guessing... :lol:

I really don't understand the reasoning in the price difference between the new and old valks. Same plastic, same process, waaaaay different wallet molestation.

My "collection" is only 2 Valks that bookend the saga nicely... VF-1J Hikaru and VF-25F Alto (both v2 1/60). The Messiah was twice the price but I can defiantly see twice the workmanship and metal in it. Should I have paid over $300 for a toy?

This thing is no toy. It's definitely art. And it came with a display stand. I had to pay almost $80 more for the VF-1 stand.

The VF-17, 22, etc. shouldn't cost so much... I agree with you there.

According to Graham, a huge increase in labor costs of Chinese factories is one of the main causes.

Maybe thats why hasbro is making its new MP10 in Vietnam, to cut cost and make more profit$$$

BTW hlj is at it again VF1 valks on sale......check it out.....

• 3 weeks later...

I wanna pull the trigger on the 19S, but only for the yellow and 'S' type denomination - but the 5 lasers on the head is overkill. I wish Kawamori would have designed a 4 laser akin to the other s-types... But in any case, I'll pass on the 19S, the 19F looks great and the P will be sa-weeeet!

Hmmm, promotion coming up soon, think I might have to get my first VF-1 with this sale. But I'm torn: DYRL Kakizaki or DYRL CF? The CF comes with the option parts, but I'm planning on getting FAST packs eventually, anyway. I like the Kakizaki green and it's cheap, but it's still another white & accent color valk... I like the off-white brownie, though. Besides, I guess I only have 2 white valks: the 171 & Jetfire.

Ponder, ponder, ponder....

I was missing the movie CF version, and well, now I'm not. Had I not been so worried about them disappearing when they were first released, I would've waited. Nevertheless, great time to buy, and with the armor packs coming, even better.

Considering the shipping on those, there are probably much better ways to display your valks. I mean.. sure, you can set them on there.. but you're talking about a flat piece of plastic supported by posts. They don't sell the ones with the pedestals for mounting valks on anymore.

I guess I never really understood why Yamato keeps selling the display bases without selling the mounting armatures anymore. Sure, they might work decently as risers for setting figures on, but I'm sure you could make your own risers out of clear acrylic very easily (and I know some people on these boards have done just that).