Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

I notice many people who post pics are not getting the neck cover extended all the way in fighter mode after transforming back from battroid. If done right, it should be flush with the chest plate in fighter mode. There is a trick to this.

Also, for those with stuck VF-17D canopies, I found a way to open it.

Think I'll work on a transformation video, or at least a helpful tip video at the weekend.

Graham

I finally was able to take some pics this past weekend. I wasn't super creative with these angles. I thought it's be fun to do everything up low-vis style and try to keep to several of the standards for markings on the F-117A.

Mommar, your pictures have convinced me that I want a Vf-17. Not sure how easy they are to get now, though...

Wow, just checked HLJ. Any chance of that thing going on sale? :)

Ended up picking up a 17D w/super packs from AmiAmi. Curse this thread and the tempting pics, knew I should've stayed away. *sigh* I have no will power. LOL Can't afford the thing right now, but didn't want to take my chances and pay for one later on at scalper prices. Who knows if Yamato would re-release this in the future. :p

Definitely wouldn't mind a Milia 17S later on though.

Thanks for the video Graham.

Personally I'm happy no kites were tampo'd as I don't like the few official markings and much prefer my own low-vis versions instead.

At first I thought I wouldn't like a Milia 17S but depending on the shade of red I could be convinced. I do love the screen grabs of the "teal" version. I'd grab a dual seater Sound Force version if they made one too.

Cloudy Sunday, magnifying glass, fresh x-acto blade and we have some sticker action. Might do more later...gotta say...going back to fighter from battroid without a cheat video wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done.....but my neck cover is right by god! ;-)

post-11393-0-81063000-1359316603_thumb.jpg

post-11393-0-70508500-1359316659_thumb.jpg

Edited by derex3592

Cloudy Sunday, magnifying glass, fresh x-acto blade and we have some sticker action. Might do more later...gotta say...going back to fighter from battroid without a cheat video wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done.....but my neck cover is right by god! ;-)

Neck cover looking good there :)

Graham

Only 1 month to ship via SAL! Thanks amiami! At least the cockpit openned up easily, but the head lasers don't seem to move as much as my VF-17S...

(null)

Grrr, yesterday I tried transforming from battroid back to fighter and ended up breaking the cockpit and front landing gear opening mechanisms : ((((

On a brighter note, my 17D is MUCH tighter than my S in all modes, and that's (breakings aside) a plus in my book.

Grrr, yesterday I tried transforming from battroid back to fighter and ended up breaking the cockpit and front landing gear opening mechanisms : ((((

On a brighter note, my 17D is MUCH tighter than my S in all modes, and that's (breakings aside) a plus in my book.

That sucks but.... how?

That sucks but.... how?

Cockpit: tried to open it after transformation to insert the pilot, it was tight as hell and altough I used extreme care, the hinge finally snapped when I was almost done.

Landing gear front cover: more or less as cockpit, only it snapped as soon as I tried to open it.

Fortunately, they (apparently) both stay on even if they are broken - I tried to "fly" the 17 inside the room and nothing fell off.

Changing magazines.

Graham

The only thing missing is a red beam adapter for Gamlin. :)

As a side question: how do you store the rounds of a Gatling-gun in such a frame?

Edited by Scyla

Cockpit: tried to open it after transformation to insert the pilot, it was tight as hell and altough I used extreme care, the hinge finally snapped when I was almost done.

Landing gear front cover: more or less as cockpit, only it snapped as soon as I tried to open it.

Fortunately, they (apparently) both stay on even if they are broken - I tried to "fly" the 17 inside the room and nothing fell off.

Oh, did you try to open the cockpit after transforming back to Fighter mode? If I want to do something with the pilot in fighter mode I always completely lift up and then flip the chest plate first for fear of breaking the cockpit. I guess I don't understand what part of the landing gear cover broke. Do you mean that front part? It's super tight and I never try opening it unless I've already opened the two side hatches first.

The tricks about opening the cockpit and front landing gear cover are lifting them up before you swing to flip.

That's what I tried to do and that's when they broke!

Oh, did you try to open the cockpit after transforming back to Fighter mode? If I want to do something with the pilot in fighter mode I always completely lift up and then flip the chest plate first for fear of breaking the cockpit. I guess I don't understand what part of the landing gear cover broke. Do you mean that front part? It's super tight and I never try opening it unless I've already opened the two side hatches first.

Yep, that part. The two side hatches were open, it was just soooo damn tight it flew off as soon as I tried to lift it.

Anyway, probably I used too much force and the suggestions you made will come in handy for my 17S when (if) I ever need to transfrom it back to fighter.

Edited by nexxstrait

That's what I tried to do and that's when they broke!

Yep, that part. The two side hatches were open, it was just soooo damn tight it flew off as soon as I tried to lift it.

Anyway, probably I used too much force and the suggestions you made will come in handy for my 17S when (if) I ever need to transfrom it back to fighter.

I usually keep one of those really short, thin flat screwdrivers around that I can fit into tight spaces to pry those hatches up as close to their bases as possible so I'm not putting pressure on an edge that's too far out. You still have to be careful though.