Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

There was a whole squadron of green (or teal) VF-17s with the Macross 7 fleet in MD7.

I'll try to get a screencap.

It's been a few years since I last watched MD7, but I don't recall any teal VF-17 with the M7 fleet. IIRC, the teal VF-17 was the one Lisa stole from the pirates.

Graham

It's been a few years since I last watched MD7, but I don't recall any teal VF-17 with the M7 fleet. IIRC, the teal VF-17 was the one Lisa stole from the pirates.

Graham

There is but it's not very noticeable. IIRC, it's in the first episode where we see the M7 fleet undergoing extensive repair. We see quite a few teal 17s among the fleet. There are also repair/maintenance VF-1s in that scene.

There was a whole squadron of green (or teal) VF-17s with the Macross 7 fleet in MD7. I'll try to get a screencap.

Screencaps as promised. These are from the 1st MD7 episode, abut 10min in. There were less VF-17s than I remembered. Pardon my fuzzy memory.

Only 3 and they were colored like the one hijacked by Laiza Hoilie in episode 3. Probably just Diamond Force.

dIBQz.jpg9pcAz.jpg

And here's the maintenance/repair VF-1.

MWCBz.jpg

Edited by IXTL

Debating whether I should get a VF-17, can't say I'm a huge fan of it (thus I never jumped on it, nor the huge HLJ sale during the holidays), but the collector in me still want to get at least one (VF-171 lineage). LOL

Which one would you guys recommend, the 17S or 17D? I was thinking of the 17S since it's a little more unique (different head) - the 17D's head is a bit similar to the 171's head. Then again, there may be a Milia release in the future so I wouldn't feel the urge to complete the Diamond force wing/squadron/whatever.

Thoughts / suggestions? :)

Debating whether I should get a VF-17, can't say I'm a huge fan of it (thus I never jumped on it, nor the huge HLJ sale during the holidays), but the collector in me still want to get at least one (VF-171 lineage). LOL

Which one would you guys recommend, the 17S or 17D? I was thinking of the 17S since it's a little more unique (different head) - the 17D's head is a bit similar to the 171's head. Then again, there may be a Milia release in the future so I wouldn't feel the urge to complete the Diamond force wing/squadron/whatever.

Thoughts / suggestions? :)

It's a tough call. I think the S's head looks way more bad-ass but I'm not a fan of yellow so I like the look of the stripes on the D a lot more. If you're thinking unique head the S sure does look like a brute in Battroid though.

It's a tough call. I think the S's head looks way more bad-ass but I'm not a fan of yellow so I like the look of the stripes on the D a lot more. If you're thinking unique head the S sure does look like a brute in Battroid though.

Yup, I think the light blue stripes look better on the D than the yellow. The yellow stripe sort of contradicts the "stealth" look the Diamond Force VF-17 was going for. lol Still, I think I was leaning towards the 17S because of the head and that it's something different. But if that's the case, maybe I'll just wait for the Milia version (if that comes out). As I've said, the 17D's head is similar to the 171.

You're right too in that it depends on what I'll be displaying the valk predominately in. Gaah, tough call. :rolleyes:

I was just watching M7 last night, the episode where they visit planet Lux (can't remember name exactly) and they were attacked and an awesome armored VF-11 went on a suicide mission to save the day. What is the name of that armored VF-11??

VF-11 Full Armoured Thunderbolt.