Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

Awesome!! So that answers the questions. I'll just grab one stand alone.. just for the box and a separate fp. I already have a Diamond force coming in with FP. So I think i'll be good for now =)

I'm still confused...is the standalone the same color as the bundle pack???

Today I received my VF-17D/Combo set and my other 2x Super Parts :D I have not taken it out of the tray yet, but thanks to the pics I finally got an answer on the colors. The way Yamato had the pics up, the ones for the combo set looked white and the standalone release looked blue. I thought I had made a $300 dolor mistake hehe. Thank you for posting the pics GGemini. I did get around to installing some SP's on Gamlin-san though. I don't want to rip into too many boxes as I already have homeless valks as it is, and Gamlin-san is currently in my display already.

I'm still confused...is the standalone the same color as the bundle pack???

It appears so, the flash from cameras makes the stripes look white. Happy as hell too, now all I need is one more VF-17D stand alone and Diamond Force is complete!

Edited by Loop

Just Gamlin. There are 2 sets of two stickers in white and gray respectively.

Thanks!

I do wish Yamato had given more name options with the VF-17's. The S could have had a Kinryu and Millia sticker (she did pilot Kinryu's S once before having it painted red) and the D variant Physica and Docker. I would have been even more impressed if they went one up and included Dick and Mory for the D.

I suppose Yamato reasoned that most people would have just used the Gamlin sticker so why bother.

Edited by IXTL

I'm still unclear as to what is the verdict to the color of the 17D's stripes. So is it white or blue?

The comparison pic seemed to me that it was blue, only becoming white due to the bleaching caused by the flash.

Anyone has comparison photos without flash?

I'm still unclear as to what is the verdict to the color of the 17D's stripes. So is it white or blue?

The comparison pic seemed to me that it was blue, only becoming white due to the bleaching caused by the flash.

Anyone has comparison photos without flash?

It should be (really) light blue on both releases.

My bundled VF-17D and also one more Super Pack set arrived from Ami Ami Yesterday.

The VF-17D head definitely looks better in person than in photos.

Stripes are very pale blue.

Unfortunately, the cockpit was so tight, I broke the hinge opening it :(/> . Luckily I was able to glue it back, but dunno how long it will last.

Anyway, beautiful toy. If I can scrape together the funds, I'm gonna buy one more.

I know many may disagree, but I've always thought Macross 7 has the nicest looking VFs.

Graham

post-11-0-27073000-1357447855_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-51945600-1357447964_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-76051700-1357448062_thumb.jpg

post-11-0-40989700-1357448130_thumb.jpg

Thanks for all the pics guys! The dispute about the stripes on the VF-17D bundle and standalone can finally be laid to rest.

Now all I need to do is pick up another bundle pack to complete my Diamond Force (that is, after I pay off my new AR-15 :D).

Ok, anyone know how to pry the back packs apart without destroying them? One of mine didn't get screwed together correctly, and flops around while in fighter mode because the plate that attaches to the valk is loose.

The pack on the right side of mine is a tad bit loose as well. it hasn't been a big problem for me but it would be nice to tighten up.

I also noticed my D doesn't seem to sit as flush as my S does. I noticed in the pics of the S Graham posted that what becomes the chest sits flush on this S as well but in Bat's pictures his D is like mine, it doesn't sit flush and the two little tabs on the outside like to pop off and hang down a little.

Edited by Mommar

Well, I gouged the heck out of the underside of the right pack trying to pry it apart, but no sucess. Those suckers are glued shut like crazy at the rear. You can tighten it up a little by sliding the pack forward some, but it shouldn't be able to do that. It only works because that sliding plate is loose.

Also noticed while pulling the thing apart though... the "screw" holding the plate into its track isn't a screw... it's like a flat headed metal pin. So, I don't know if there's any way to tighten it anyway. It looks threaded into the plate, but there's no way to turn it.

Well, I gouged the heck out of the underside of the right pack trying to pry it apart, but no sucess. Those suckers are glued shut like crazy at the rear. You can tighten it up a little by sliding the pack forward some, but it shouldn't be able to do that. It only works because that sliding plate is loose.

Also noticed while pulling the thing apart though... the "screw" holding the plate into its track isn't a screw... it's like a flat headed metal pin. So, I don't know if there's any way to tighten it anyway. It looks threaded into the plate, but there's no way to turn it.

I would try that if I weren't at work. I did almost bring the thing with me today though, I don't have the time to fidget with it while working.

So I know I'm late to the party but my 17s showed up today. This is my first valk since the 11b and I love it. The weight, build quality and overall look are fantastic.

I like it so well I might try and snag the stand alone armor for it, which I never buy.

I probably paid a bit much for it getting it from bbts, but it's so nice I don't feel like it was overpriced. With how good this one is I can't wait to see the two 19's I bought.

take pics Mommar when you have time. I wanna see what Chrono is talking about.

Can take a couple quick shots, but it might not be easy to see exactly what's loose. Best option is to probably put these in a slideshow and watch them back and forth to see the way the pack shifts when I stop holding it in place.

post-907-0-79859700-1357978656.jpgpost-907-0-40636700-1357978697.jpg

post-907-0-87065100-1357978709.jpgpost-907-0-43554400-1357978714.jpg

These last two show how I kind of fixed the problem.. since the right pack is loose, I can actually push it forward some, which tightens up the mount in its sliding track. If it was tight, there wouldn't be room to push it forward, but it keeps the pack from sagging.

post-907-0-60180600-1357978720.jpgpost-907-0-68028300-1357978724.jpg

All in all, not a huge problem, but annoying that the pack isn't lined up quite right. If you can manage to pry the pack apart without destroying it, it'd probably be easy to fix, but mine has far too much glue used on it to get the halves to separate.