Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

I have yet to order a second 17D, I may just wait it out though as I have a lot of stuff on my radar including the new Bandai Gurren Lagann + drill set and 3x VF-171CF's and hopefully a RVF-25 here soon. If I wait it will go down in price most likely.

Edited by Loop

Love the vf-17, but I wish they included a beam gun adapter with the super parts.

It just came to me, can someone make the beam adapter part on shapeways? I would do it but my CAD skills are none.

Edited by Murphy

Not sure how many people care but the 17D isn't getting as much attention as the other recently released Valks. I plan on taking a few pics but i need to finish up a few stickers on it first. Right now it would be awfully lop-sided with "No Step" stickers all over just one wing and not the other.

Is the crotch locking mechanism on the 17D tighter than on the S? It was a bit loose on my sample and I know many other people have mentioned the same looseness at the hips on theirs that made the legs dangle a bit. I hope Yamato tried to fix this little flaw of an otherwise stellar toy design

Edited by Frogze

Is the crotch locking mechanism on the 17D tighter than on the S? It was a bit loose on my sample and I know many other people have mentioned the same looseness at the hips on theirs that made the legs dangle a bit. I hope Yamato tried to fix this little flaw of an otherwise stellar toy design

Unfortunately it's still pretty loose.

Actually, the more I'm messing around with this D the more I'm noticing it's looser in every way to my S. The shoulders are more likely to droop and Gerwalk seems to want to come apart where the intakes/legs hang down too.

I think it's really random. My D is way tighter than my S.

Really? Man, i wish my D was. It holds together funny in certain spots but because the area around the intakes is so loose/spotty it doesn't hold together as firm in Fighter/Gerwalk as I would like. It also tends to make those two little triangle tabs pop out and flop down in fighter (as I noted appears to be happening in Bats images too.)

So is the head adjustable? I can't seem to get mine to move back in battroid mode. Anyways a lot of sharp edges I got a cut from transforming them. Left one in the box since I was getting tired. Does the fold-dildo attachment work on this one?

Well anyways....long over due....I present to you Gamlin and his friends! And who says there isn't no love for the VF17D (Graham's favoite valk)

BAM!!!

DiamondForce4_zpsd1bf0b95-1_zps6e48c140.jpg

DiamondForce5_zps2d2a3ed8-1_zps434e913a.jpg

DiamondForce3_zpse7476aa3-1_zpsc8f59423.jpg

DiamondForce6_zps2b900e6b-1_zps8a3e1793.jpg

And of course their Rivals -

EmeraldForce_zps42cb8071-1_zps3ec0e07a.jpg

Dammit i forgot to put the extra FP on the VF17S!! oh well I'll do that tomorrow...as promised pics are up.. gonna get some ZZzzzZZZzzzzZZZZZzzzZZzzz

Three 17Ds? one for each mode? Man, I envy the space you guys must have. I'm on a temporary buying hiatus as I'm totally out of places to put things (my "nerdery" was converted to a "nursery" which didn't help).

I love all toys here, but having a kid and competing for space with her toys is rough!

So is the head adjustable? I can't seem to get mine to move back in battroid mode. Does the fold-dildo attachment work on this one? Or did they ever considering making one? Ahem shape way people

The 17D head tilts up and down. The joint was so stiff I thought it couldn't at first. Was that what you were asking?

I don't think Yamato planned to make the fold booster for the 17. There doesn't seem to be any possible attachment points. It'd have been great if Yamato had planned for an add on fold booster and radome and sold them as part of the super pack set.

I was referring to the neck itself. Pictures on the manual indicates the neck sits more in the middle, however the actual valk itself sit more up front.

The base of the neck rotates around so the head sits in the middle.

Actually, there's two suspiciously placed little slots on the center plate between the arms on the VF-17. I don't know what they're supposed to be, and they don't appear to have any function for either the transformation or the super packs.

Edited by Chronocidal

Actually, there's two suspiciously placed little tabs on the center plate between the arms on the VF-17. I don't know what they're supposed to be, and they don't appear to have any function for either the transformation or the super packs.

Oo. Will check this out when I'm home. Maybe Yamato did plan for a fold booster/radome at some point.

For static display, you can just sit a Fold Booster on the VF-17 :D

I did that before when the VF-17S was released. Pretty sure I posted some pics as well.

Of course if you want to pick it up and woosh it around, it's gonna move around or fall off.........hahah.

Graham