Yamato 1/60 VF-17 Nightmare Diamond Force (Thread no.2)

IXTL

I thought about commenting on the controversial head but when I compared it to the line art it seemed spot on. I realize there's some line art out there that might differ, and there's the always shifting portrayals in the show, but what's a toy company to do? So, instead of commenting, i provided a pic showing the head in close up from both the side and front.

As to a release tactic, it sounds like a complaint about the company and since the company appears to be defunct, why kick 'em when they're down? Also, I don't really get the controversy. They released the toy both as stand alone and gift-set, seems like the right way to go to me.

Edited by jenius

Ok, so... due to the sudden stock market shenanigans, the yen to dollar rate is looking extremely good at the moment. Currently sitting at 96 yen per dollar.

And HLJ has the VF-17D (pack and non-pack versions) in stock again.

Think I'm going to go ahead and complete Diamond Force then. :p I would go for another super pack version, but I think one set is probably enough. They look cool, but not $40 extra worth of cool.

Edited by Chronocidal

Eh, it's looking like them being back in stock may have been a typo. Either I got one of the very last ones, or they never had any to begin with, because the VF-17Ds are both listed as discontinued.

I got an email confirmation of my order for a plain 17D, but despite sending it in early monday morning Japan time, I've got no charge to my Paypal account as of yet. :(

Edit: Scratch that, looks like it went through in the past couple hours. Phew. I'd been waiting for something worthwhile to ship with my VF-19P and those 1/200 sets that went on sale. Sad to think though, this might be the last big Yamato purchase I'll ever make.

Edited by Chronocidal

AmiAmi had the best price for the 17D w/super packs. It was 22625yen compared to the 21100yen for just the 17D. It was almost like getting the super packs for free. Picked up two to complete Diamond Force, didn't really like the 17's (nor their pricing) but ended up getting them for collective purposes and lineage to the 171.

Plus with Yamato stepping down, who knows what'll happen with their 1/60 line.

Edited by Phalanix

Impressive patience. I would have been flying the thing around in fighter mode at the very least right now.

I did succumb to the temptation for the VF-1A Cavaliers, but that also was down to checking if the Valk was alright, labelled as "box damaged" at Mandarake at all...

Totally in the same boat as plutoniumhunter here. Will be moving soon, and toys are packed in between places. Won't get to play with my recent Valks much in the mean time

Lol most of mine are still in bubble wrap, in anticipation for a box-ride home...

Or, rather, I have tried to take them off but the back pack versions are on REALLY tight and I haven't been able to successfully remove them.

The leg parts don't damage anything at all however.

Edited by Mommar

Or, rather, I have tried to take them off but the back pack versions are on REALLY tight and I haven't been able to successfully remove them.

The leg parts don't damage anything at all however.

Yes i had read a japanese review that said that they fit very tight, and this is why i asked. Nonetheless, too late... I just bought a VF-17D Bundle!

I do think it's amusing that so many people bitched and moaned about how expensive every little Yamato item was and now that the source has been cut off they're panicking and buying up everything. That's the epitome of looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Well, speaking for myself, since I placed an order with HKC for a VF-19S and a VF-17S earlier this week for ~50% off each (still waiting for the shipping notification email from them, BTW), I essentially got two Valks for the price of one; therefore, my complaining that Yamato 1/60s are, with the exception of the VF-1, grossly overpriced in general, still stands... it's one of the primary reasons I waited this long . All the doom and gloom concerning Yamato's demise and the drying up of supply everywhere were just the last little push I needed to pull the trigger on these, but if they were going for full price or anything less than 40% off I would not have bought them because they would've been too expensive to me, to my perception of their true value.

Just my 2 cents...