The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Buzzsaw...damn, my Japanese is getting rusty.

I don't remember much about the character in the G1 cartoons, but I was seriously hoping for Ratbat.

I hope they'll space the release dates between MP-15 and MP-16 a little further apart; too much of this and my wallet will cry for help.

Buzzsaw...damn, my Japanese is getting rusty.

I don't remember much about the character in the G1 cartoons, but I was seriously hoping for Ratbat.

I hope they'll space the release dates between MP-15 and MP-16 a little further apart; too much of this and my wallet will cry for help.

Buzzsaw was barely even in the G1 cartoon owing to the fact that he came packed in with Soundwave and therefore didn't need the advertising to drive sales. But in the G1 comics he was an absolute psychopath who caused more carnage and death than any other Micro-cassette.

TJ Omega has ranked the #1 worst Transformer. And it's exactly not what you've been expecting...

I figured it would be titanium Megatron, just not that particular one.

In other news, I finally got a jet vehicon today; it's so awesome. Makes me want a regular vehicon even more now.

Edited by anime52k8

In other news, I finally got a jet vehicon today; it's so awesome. Makes me want a regular vehicon even more now.

Know what's funny? The regular vehicon has a thruster on its rear in alt mode when ideally it shouldn't, but the jet version that should have one, doesn't.

I wonder if their parts are similar enough to swap the backpacks without affecting transformation?

Gah, I only want Buzzsaw and Ravage so I'll have to buy both MP packs to get em - devious Takara bastards!

If they paired Frenzy with Rumbler, and Ratbat with Ravage, I've have saved myself 90 USD. I have no interest in Buzzsaw, but I want Frenzy. I wonder who Ratbat will be paired with?

I figured it would be titanium Megatron, just not that particular one.

regular vehicons are hitting the targets in the bay area. I just picked one up.

The unreleased Prime First Edition voyagers and wave 2 deluxes are finally coming to US retail. BBTS has them up for preorder right now with an estimated delivery date of october 28th. TRU should be getting them... eventually.

http://www.tfw2005.c...rs-open-176076/

http://www.bigbadtoy...aspx?list=10856

:edit:

Preordered a Vehicon because I'm crazy like that. Not sure If I actually want to throw down on bulkhead at 35+shipping or if I want to commit to getting arcee at all.

Edited by anime52k8

The unreleased Prime First Edition voyagers and wave 2 deluxes are finally coming to US retail. BBTS has them up for preorder right now with an estimated delivery date of october 28th. TRU should be getting them... eventually.

http://www.bigbadtoy...aspx?list=10856

Preordered a Vehicon because I'm crazy like that. Not sure If I actually want to throw down on bulkhead at 35+shipping or if I want to commit to getting arcee at all.

Thanks! :)

FWIW, Bulkhead is pretty sweet and Arcee is one of my faves to the extent I'm getting a second one.

A couple of MP Primes appeared at a TRU here in north Jersey (Paramus, specifically). They immediately sold out, but it's encouraging news for anybody in the area.

They've also been shipping all over California for the past 2 weeks or so. You just have to outside the door when the store opens to get one. Still, I'm sure they're be easier to find in the next month as MP Thundercracker is everywhere now.

So I was in TRU this afternoon, and they had 3 MP Thundercrackers just sitting There. They're like 80 bucks and I don't know if I should do it. As someone who's never owned any iteration of the MP seeker mold, and thinks it looked kind of cool in the box, is it worth it?

So I was in TRU this afternoon, and they had 3 MP Thundercrackers just sitting There. They're like 80 bucks and I don't know if I should do it. As someone who's never owned any iteration of the MP seeker mold, and thinks it looked kind of cool in the box, is it worth it?

I think he's awesome. Best seeker to date.

The mold is great, I think it looks much better than old version. With it being your first MP seeker, you just might like it. The only deterring factor for me is the gaudy tampo printing which I'm considering just alcohol rubbing away anyways. The TRU in NY Times Square has 4 foot pile of em right now, but each goes for $86.

If you're not uber-picky about shades of blue/black/silver like I am, and can ignore/remove/sticker over the stupid markings, it should be awesome. :)

Honestly, the pilot name and the giant 'D-24' are the only markings I actively don't like. The G1 detailing on the intakes I don't really care either way and I actually like the 'sonicboom' and Reflector graphics.

And this is a stupid reason to want it but the only other seeker toy I actually own of any kind is Generations Thundercraker.

Edited by anime52k8

Compared to the first MP mold, bot mode is a step forward, especially the head - hips, legs and feet also. Jet mode is a step back. I never display the new MP seekers in jet mode as any profile view goes to pieces because of the feet and swing-arm guns. Any view from about 3/4 upwards is okay tho.

So I get why everyone is upset of his size, but it looks like they are from this point on actually going for a scale of some sort (since there is no way in alt mode the seekers are in scale with other alt modes, they are going for bot mode scale) and thus he is in near perfect scale with MP-10 optimus. He does tower over all the original autobots.

Well, I just brought home MP Thundercracker. For what is at it's core a 6 year old toy, it's actually pretty nice. Admittedly I didn't have particularly high expectations, but I barring a couple small things he's actually a really fun toy. biggest complaint would be that the sliding portion of his torso doesn't tab together all that well.

Actually, the biggest complaint is that the instructions for this are completely worthless. For one they're not even for the MP-11 based seeker mold, they're for the old MP-03 version. It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how the new head worked (The new head sculpt looks so much better than the old one BTW). And even those instructions are really vague and unhelpful.

I'm a little bummed though, I was too busy this morning to swing by TRU when it opened, and I missed out on them cracking open a GDO deluxe case. by the time I got their all they had left was two Swerves and a Springer.

Checking the Chinese forums, it looks to me like part of Sideswipe's cost is that he is indeed, entirely painted red. Red paint over red plastic, but he is painted "Lambo red" for an exact match and no "cheap translucent red plastic" issues. A few areas are unpainted (bottom of car, collar-bone area) but plenty of not-car-body parts are painted, like the shoulders.

Makes me wonder if an unpainted US release would actually be better, parts-fit-wise and chipping-wise...