The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Wait wait--they chromed Sideswipe's JACKHAMMERS but not his WHEELS? (true, Countaches don't generally have chromed rims, but still...)

I'm going to accurize the lights the moment I get him, though. (front turn signal looks unpainted---boo!) (and the back-up lights should have a red section up top)

Anyways---if you don't want a Red Alert now you might after watching this:

Note---mildly NSFW due to language. But the best Starscream impersonation ever IMHO.

So what exactly is the problem with the engineering on MP-12? I've seen this said before but I don't really understand what people are taking issue with.

I can already see how it transforms because they already have similar toys out (Universe) as well as more engineered ones to look like the cartoon (Prime)… but priced at 1/3 the cost or less.

I’m not bashing the toy; it looks nice… it is just that it also screams “I’m ripping you off!”. There has to be a moment when one sets his foot down to overpriced plastic. Especially when the whole thing is done not by “a small company” but freaking Takara-Tomi.. And Hasbro will release it cheaper anyways. Look at the new MP Prime. It’s going to be a lot cheaper and have better paint apps.

And now MP Soundwave. Of course it looks good. Really good. I like it better than the 3rd party one that was being made:

post-2996-0-98575600-1339693783_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-02207700-1339693799_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-13484100-1339693812_thumb.jpg

http://www.fanstoys.com/blog/

But it isn’t that big a difference really. And since the price is freaking 160 USD for a robot that turns into a rectangle… well… Yeah birdie looks really cool but it’s still the price for a Bandai VF-25 renewal. The money spend there actually shows. And Soundwave isn't obscure character #15, he is easily one of the most remembered characters.

Will wait for Hasbro version.

Edited by Twoducks

I'm more excited by a modern G1 Soundwave than a VF-25 toy, and I like the VF-25. Also, it's a lot easier to actually get this Soundwave for $160.

:edit:

apparently he'll be this big if he's sized to fit G1 mini-cassettes

Masterpiece%2520Soundwave.jpg

Edited by anime52k8

Gads, MP Soundwave really makes the 3rd party version look awful to me. It looks so stretched out, disproportionate and over-sculpted. All those sculpted details just make it look too busy/noisy. MP has class.

I'm more excited by a modern G1 Soundwave than a VF-25 toy, and I like the VF-25. Also, it's a lot easier to actually get this Soundwave for $160.

Yeah, me too, very very much in fact; but that doesn't mean I have to pay extra for it. On a technical level "Soundwave is inferior" ( :p ) . Anyways, given time I'll be able to get it for 60 USD or so thanks to Hasbro.

Soundwave is about as perfect as I could have imagined. And the extra cassettes, awesome. I can't freaking wait.

Edit: It looks like Laserbeak may even have the camera in his head.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

So um... is it December yet?

I really want to find see how they're going to release the other mini-cassettes. I'm hoping for Frenzy/Ravage and Rumble/Buzzsaw two packs with Ratbat included with Soundblaster.

:edit:

And maybe an e-hobby 4 pack with Glit, Sundor, Wingthing and Enemy.

Edited by anime52k8

Apparently, Sideswipe is going to be rather smallish. There's this pic I saw of him in alt mode inside MP-10's trailer. It's a snug fit, but he'll only be about 10mm wider than his Classics mold.

As for Soundwave, he'd better be about the size of the Fans Toys KO version if he's going to cost that much. Laserbeak looks a little chubby, to be honest. I'd rather they kept the Megatron gun and chrome part thingie, and gave us an extra cassette bot.

Soundwave is as good as bought. Do you think it'll have an MP3 gimmick?

Probably not this release. But i can guaruntee this mold will be milked. We will absolutely get the Soundblaster Black & Red repaint. Then maybe some Japan exclusive with an MP3 mechanism. .Or maybe get a Soundwave with a non-transforming cassette that is a functional MP3.

Weren't they going to announce MP-14 or something?

MP-14 is Red Alert.

Well, Soundwave I'm digging. Like Grimlock, he's got the right blend of looking good in bot mode, looking good in alt mode, and being solidly poseable. I'm not digging him enough to import him, but I'm digging him enough to pay $50-$70 for a US release.

Sideswipe is another story. On the one hand, I really want to love him, as Sideswipe was my first Transformer back in the '80s. And he does look good from the front, if a little simple (yes, the Autobot symbol is huge... but that's fairly accurate to the cartoon and the G1 toy). And he looks fine in alt mode. But seriously, that's a ton of Lamborghini cockpit hanging off his back. I dare say it's worse than MP Hot Rod's "backpack". And frankly, the size might scale nice to fit in MP-10's trailer, but that means he's more likely to replace Universe Sideswipe on my Classics shelf than to have a real place on my MP shelf. There's no way I'm importing him, and even if it comes to the States, I can't see paying more than $30 for him.