The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

I dislike the empty spaces on FOC Optimus. Hollow legs and arms are a no-no for me in any transformer.

IMO, the only decent FoC figs for now are Starscream, and Grimlock. Kickback's a little iffy, until we see better pics of him.

Good to know.

But bad for my bank account... <_<

The hunt for these is going to be dreadful.

I'll be happy if I can get MP-10 before the holiday rush.

In other news, I went to the Target by my work. Looks like they restocked big time; I wasn't able to find a Vehicon, but I did pick up Knock Out from Prime. They had Hot Shot, but truthfully that's one fo the worst recent molds, and since he's not even on the show I had no trouble leaving him on the peg. They also had all three Fall of Cybertron figures so far. I grabbed Shockwave, who I really wanted. Then, even though I said I wasn't going to, I said screw it and picked up Jazz too.

Is it just Prime, Jazz, and Shockwave in the first wave? I'm really looking forward to Grimlock, and I kind of want Kickback and the Combaticons too.

EDIT: Some quick impressions:

Knock Out: awkward transformation, especially around the arms and chest. If you love the character or are a Prime completionist, go for it, but only Cliffjumper and Bee are worse.

Shockwave: Simple transformation that turns him into a space brick. Seriously, his alt mode is worse than DotM Shockwave. But with that head and chest, it's the closest we're going to get to a Classics Shockwave for awhile.

Jazz: Pretty disappointing after his awesome RTS toy. His transformation isn't that great, and mostly involves using his chest at the front, folding his back up to the the top, folding his arms around to the sides, and stuffing his spindly legs underneath. Buy him if you're a fan of Jazz or a Fall of Cybtertron/War for Cybetron completionist, otherwise pass.

Edited by mikeszekely

Jazz: Pretty disappointing after his awesome RTS toy. His transformation isn't that great, and mostly involves using his chest at the front, folding his back up to the the top, folding his arms around to the sides, and stuffing his spindly legs underneath.

So basically animated Jazz. I think the important question is, does his chest lock down in robot mode? If it does that automatically makes him better than RTS Jazz.

So basically animated Jazz. I think the important question is, does his chest lock down in robot mode? If it does that automatically makes him better than RTS Jazz.

Yes. Everything pegs tight in both modes for all of the FoC toys so far, except for the following:

Prime's alt mode bumpers kind of hang loosely from the bottom of his forearms in bot mode.

Shockwave's wings are connected to his body with a ball joint that allows them to rotate between his bot mode and his alt mode, but his wings don't actually peg into anything in either mode.

The end of Shockwave's gun comes off really easily.

There are panels on the sides of Shockwave's lower legs that rotate back to cover his upper legs in alt mode. Although these panels have a tab that should fit into slots on his hips, they fit very loosley. The panels fit securely in bot mode, though, and for what it's worth not of Shockwave's parts are floppy. I grabbed him in his alt mode by the edge of the front and shook him hard; nothing moved.

Jazz seems pretty solid in bot mode. When you un-peg his spoiler from his butt in bot mode, the whole thing gets really floppy. The instructions make things seem complicated, but he's actually the easiest of the three to transform. When you pull the back end of his alt mode up and kind of flatten him, the front end and top of his alt mode sort of lines up naturally, but doesn't peg together. There's a tiny peg that keeps his shoulders connected to his chest; you pop it loose, turn his shoulder and peg it down so it can't rotate, then turn and peg his forearm onto the edge of the panel. His arm is then a rigid piece that you can swing back and connect to a peg near his spoiler. When his arms are pegged there, they hold everything else in place.

Oh, it's important to fold his legs up under him before you put his arms in place, though. His legs peg together, but they don't peg to anything. They kind of just sit there. But again, once his arms are in place his legs can't move.

Just a heads-up, but I'm going to list my MP-01 first-run JP Takara MP Prime for sale over on TFW soon. Unless someone here wants it first. I haven't taken pics yet, but it's as minty-mint and complete as can be.

(I'm selling off most of my collection----almost all the loose stuff is already boxed up and going out en masse---this is one of the few items really worth selling by itself)

(yes, I'm using the funds for 3rd-party combiners and the like---and valks of course)

if there is a sequel to this game and its now based in earth please let it be 1985 earth so theres no excuse as to why the vehicles cant be g1 vehicles

Licensing. :( Hasbro got away with it back in the 80s, but I don't think they could today. The reason MP-12 Lambor (Sideswipe) isn't being released outside of Japan is that international licensing for Lamborghini isn't available.

if there is a sequel to this game and its now based in earth please let it be 1985 earth so theres no excuse as to why the vehicles cant be g1 vehicles

well.

I know that have a G1 Skin for Optimus Prime.

If to will have for anothers.

Only the time will tell.

Since the TF: Prime are the sequence of the 2 games -.-...

I just got my set of G1 Seacons - very happy with them. I'm particularly intrigued by Seawing's character description. I foresee that he will have a big role in my imaginary universe where he will spend his time manipulating everyone in order to increase his power :-)

Also - I like the fact that the Seacons have such "G2" colors. I still haven't decided whether I'll be getting the G2 or regular FOC Bruticus - but something in me is strangely leaning towards G2 of late...

Pete

I guess that's true. Some of my other favorite G1 Transformers of the time - the Decepticon Targetmasters - also had those colors ...I actually would love to buy them as well - or better yet - have them issued as classics deluxes! Would go sooo well with my classics Thunderwing :-)

Pete

DECEPTICONS FOREVER!!!!!!

Woo-hoo! Fall of Cybertron today!

Which reminds me... anyone got an extra G1 Retro Pack for the Xbox version? PM me. I've got a download code for War for Cybertron I'm willing to trade.

What you nick in the PSN for a multiplayer?

Time to take off the 360 from the closet XD

I'm playing in the pc. But this game, I play in a console XD

Yeah, I'm usually on PC myself. But you can't even customize your controls on the PC version, so I grabbed it for Xbox.

OK, I finished the campaign. There are a few annoying bits, and you don't get to pick your character anymore. I think that kind of decreases the replay value, and it probably means less time as your favorite character (I played as Optimus and Megatron almost exclusively, unless they weren't in option in WfC). Oh, and the game isn't divided into an Autobot and Decepticon campaign.

On the plus side, the story seems more cinematic. It's not bad guys do stuff, then good guys do stuff... it's a cohesive story that takes the narrative threads of a few characters and brings them together. And by assigning you the character that you play, they're able to make those characters really feel different and design the level around that character's differences. For example, Cliffjumper can turn invisible (I know, why not Mirage, right?), and his level involves stealth. Soundwave can use Rumble and Lazerbeak to open doors.

I haven't gotten into the multiplayer, but I would definitely say that the campaign is honestly better than WfC.

anyway you can play this on a mac without downloading windows? I don't have access to my PS3 right now, and I don't really want to buy windows for my mac.

Anyway to get fall of cybertron regardless?

Thanks!

Nope! Windows or console only I think.

I'm 11 chapters in and I love the story. Gameplay is kind of dull and just as you get use to one character you a different one to play as. I'm mostly just waiting to chomp at the bit to be Grimlock.

Is FOC as short as WFC? And how's the overall replay value, as in, is there anything worth going back for after I finish the campaign mode--BESIDES online stuff? Also, is Escalation still online, or can I play it offline in FOC?

I'm still deciding between this and Sleeping Dogs, which has around 20-25 hours of gameplay and a sizable number of side-quests.

As much as I'd like to buy both, I have to save up some cash in anticipation of that HT 1/6 scale Tumbler that's recently been released.

Edited by GU-11

Is FOC as short as WFC? And how's the overall replay value, as in, is there anything worth going back for after I finish the campaign mode--BESIDES online stuff? Also, is Escalation still online, or can I play it offline in FOC?

I'm still deciding between this and Sleeping Dogs, which has around 20-25 hours of gameplay and a sizable number of side-quests.

As much as I'd like to buy both, I have to save up some cash in anticipation of that HT 1/6 scale Tumbler that's recently been released.

It's longer than the first one, but not by a lot. It took me 8 hours or so to get through the campaign. There's hidden audio logs and blueprints in the levels, plus the usual trophies/achievements, but not much else to get you to replay. In fact, as I mentioned, you can't even pick a different character to play as when you replay. And no, there's still no local multiplayer.

I've been hearing a lot of good things about Sleeping Dogs, but I heard the PC version is good, not just a half-hearted port. So I'm going to wait for a Steam sale.