The Transformers Thread (licensed) Next

Makes me wonder if an unpainted US release would actually be better, parts-fit-wise and chipping-wise...

Well, a coat of FFP would take care of any potential chipping. Since I already pre-ordered the Takara version months ago, I'll have to do just that when I I get my hands on it.

Makes me wonder if an unpainted US release would actually be better, parts-fit-wise and chipping-wise...

I thought there were license issues with Lamborghini outside of Japan..? If that's correct then there won't be a Hasbro version.

What's up with this Year of the Snake Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme I'm hearing about? I didn't get (back) into Transformers toys until Generations, so I missed Energon. These guys look pretty nifty, but it looks like they're Hong Kong exclusives?

What's up with this Year of the Snake Optimus Prime and Omega Supreme I'm hearing about? I didn't get (back) into Transformers toys until Generations, so I missed Energon. These guys look pretty nifty, but it looks like they're Hong Kong exclusives?

um, they're toys from 2004 that are getting re-issued in new deco's for Chinese new year. they're both getting G1 inspired paint schemes and optimus primes trailer will have a big "year of the snake" decal on it. Also Energon Omega Supreme's combined vehicle mode is kind of snake like.

also, going by the new PR pictures, it looks like Energon Omega Supreme is getting a remolded arm and new head based on his WFC game appearance.

http://www.tfw2005.com/transformers-news/energon-6/transformers-platinum-collection-official-pr-pics-176110/

They are for now going to be Asian market exclusive, but there's a chance it'll be available in the North America eventually. They did something very similar last year with a year of the dragon themed redeco of ultimate Optimus Prime. Originally it was Asian market only but last month it went up on Amazon.

My laptop is telling me that TFW2005 Boards is a dangerous site installing malware onto unsuspecting PCs that access it, and though I can access the front page with no problem, it gives me a warning if I try to click on a link to the forum discussions. Anybody else got this?

Upon clicking the details button on the warning:

Apparently there are links to sites within the boards that host malware and it is not TFW2005 itself that hosts it. So I guess it might not be a real issue, but still, I've never gotten one of these before.

The diagnostic is issued by Google, FYI.

My PC displays these in Japanese, so I Google-translated it and am posting it here just in case.

www.tfw2005.com/boards

Safe Browsing

Www.tfw2005.com/boards: diagnostic page

The current status of the www.tfw2005.com/boards

Site is listed as suspicious. Might harm your computer when you visit this website.

The past 90 days, suspicious activity has been detected nine times this part of the site.

What happened when Google visited this site was

Page 35 of 795 pages that Google has been tested on the site over the past 90 days this malicious software is downloaded without the consent of the user, it was found that had been installed. Time Google visited this site was last on 2012-10-12, 2012-10-12 This time suspicious content was found on this site at the end.

There are 12 trojan (s), 12 exploit and (s) are malicious software. Average of two processes are occurring in the newly infected computer.

Malicious software is hosted domain (s) 3 (midnightcontribute.biz /, roadmapswiss.net /, etc. statisticsfilters.net /) at.

Seems to have become a medium (such as timemaybeuniconic.org /) is distributing malware to visitors of this site, one domain.

This site was found to have hosted two networks (such as (Google Internet Backbone) AS18450 (WEBNX), AS15169).

Whether you had an intermediary for the infection of

There is no evidence that had become an intermediary for the infection of any sites www.tfw2005.com/boards the past 90 days.

Whether you had host malware on your site

No, this site has not hosted malicious software has been detected in the past 90 days.

Cause

Because of that the third party has added malicious code to legitimate sites, there is a possibility that the warning message is displayed.

The next step:

Please return to the previous page.

If you are the owner of this website, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. For more information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

Edited by Renato

My laptop is telling me that TFW2005 Boards is a dangerous site installing malware onto unsuspecting PCs that access it, and though I can access the front page with no problem, it gives me a warning if I try to click on a link to the forum discussions. Anybody else got this?

Upon clicking the details button on the warning:

Apparently there are links to sites within the boards that host malware and it is not TFW2005 itself that hosts it. So I guess it might not be a real issue, but still, I've never gotten one of these before.

The diagnostic is issued by Google, FYI.

My PC displays these in Japanese, so I Google-translated it and am posting it here just in case.

I noticed it starting wednesday. They probably got hit by a spam-bot or something.

um, they're toys from 2004 that are getting re-issued in new deco's for Chinese new year. they're both getting G1 inspired paint schemes and optimus primes trailer will have a big "year of the snake" decal on it. Also Energon Omega Supreme's combined vehicle mode is kind of snake like.

also, going by the new PR pictures, it looks like Energon Omega Supreme is getting a remolded arm and new head based on his WFC game appearance.

http://www.tfw2005.c...pr-pics-176110/

They are for now going to be Asian market exclusive, but there's a chance it'll be available in the North America eventually. They did something very similar last year with a year of the dragon themed redeco of ultimate Optimus Prime. Originally it was Asian market only but last month it went up on Amazon.

Were the Energon Toys any good? From the pics, I kind of want both of them.

I have that Optimus in its original colors. I'm glad I got it for free because I don't think I would have bought one. The core figure, by itself, is misproportioned and looks fatter than a Sharkticon. The limbs are drone vehicles that are stored in his trailer. Not the most impressive toy.

Were the Energon Toys any good? From the pics, I kind of want both of them.

Energon toys have there charm, but you have to keep in mind that mid 2000 transformers where built with the mentality of being chunky and sturdy as hell with priority put on action features. in the case of Omega supreme he's sufficiently jointed with shoulders, hips, elbows and knees but they're all huge ratchet joints so don't expect amazingly dynamic posing. The main draw of Energon omega supreme has always been that he's absolutely massive. leader class movie prime comes up to his waste and he stand about a head and a half taller than TFC Hercules.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-9z4XJ1yFR7o/Tz6ug8CYLEI/AAAAAAAABRg/uos4oVB7EnY/s1600/Preview_Hercules_Onepercase+%2852%29.JPG

The optimus prime is a cool toy, but only if what it does click with what you're interested in. like RD Blade said, his proportions without his drones are hilariously bad and like most stuff energon stuff he's not super pose-able. A lot of people don't like the drone thing but I find them kind of cool. It's basically a bigger, less rickety power core combiner; or a megazord with elbows, and knees. He's at his best if you've got access to spreme (which you will in this set) and/or wing saber (who is unfortunately kind of rare) because you can start plugging them together to make some crazy super robots.

http://tformers.com/reviews.php?op=showcontent&id=379

http://tfwiki.net/w2/images2/b/b6/Energontoy_prime_combinations.jpg

personally, I want it for that omega supreme, and the Energon Optimus is a nice bonus. I don't think it'll be worth what it'll cost to import it from asia but there's a good chance it'll get sold through amazon for cheaper.

That big compared to movie Prime? How big compared to Unicron, if you know?

I'm aware of Energon Prime's weird proportions... for better or worse, I have Energon on DVD. I'm strangely attracted to the design anyway, for its heavy G1 influences (and a G1 repaint sounds even more geewunny). If I can get him, and repaints of Armada and RID Prime, I'd be pretty content.

As for Omega Supreme, I'm mostly digging the fact that the new head and arm make him look like he could work with my Classics toys, and combining with Optimus is a plus. The fact that half of him turns into something that's reminiscent of a Gundam Magellan-class ship is cake.

Edited by mikeszekely

That big compared to movie Prime? How big compared to Unicron, if you know?

You can just make out Omega Supreme in the back on the left and Unicron in the back on the right. they're about the same size but Unicron has a little more bulk because of the planet shells.

bigtfsizecomparison1ia.jpg

Got my MP-12 shipping notice from HLJ. 1380 yen for FedEx. Anyone else order it and ship via a different method? I wasn't sure if EMS or FedEx would be cheaper for something this size.

Which one is 12, Sideswipe or Soundwave? I want Soundwave. As fond of Sideswipe as I am (he was my first TF as a kid), I can't see myself paying the ridiculous going price for such a tiny toy.

TRU had a little bit of everything today; I finally got to see the Asian Generations toys, a whole end cap full of MP Thundercrackers, and the First Edition deluxe toys. I ended up getting Dreadwing, a legends Bluestreak, and I totally caved and got a MP TC. And still, the RiD vehicons continue to elude me...

TRU had a little bit of everything today; I finally got to see the Asian Generations toys, a whole end cap full of MP Thundercrackers, and the First Edition deluxe toys. I ended up getting Dreadwing, a legends Bluestreak, and I totally caved and got a MP TC. And still, the RiD vehicons continue to elude me...

Dammit. All the TRU's here in Vancouver get three or four MP-10s and Thundercrackers in at a time and they're sold out usually within hours.

Sideswipe. And presold out at HLJ. He was my first TF ever and the Countach is still my all time fave car.

Same and same, but for as much as MP Sideswipe costs and as tiny as he is, I might as well save up for the car.

So I made my weekly trek to TRU in the scant hopes that someone will have left an MP-10 there for me to snag. As usual, disappointment on that front- but! There was a nice, shiny MP-11 Thundercracker waiting for me, so I snapped him up quickly and ran down a few kids to get to the checkout line before someone tried to take him away from me.

First impressions: size. The plane mode is absoultly ginormous. And quite hefty, too. The figure has enough tabs and locking points that despite the size and mass, everything is held together nice and tight. Almost too tight on one of my wings, since once it snaps into place in fighter mode it's a devil to unsnap for transformation again. I really do like the blue they chose for the plastic, but the annoying tampo prints are annoying.

However, the instructions I got were from an MP-03 release, which aren't totally accurate for this toy. Is that standard or just really weird for me?

All in all, I like him. I don't buy nearly as many TFs as some of you, so I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

However, the instructions I got were from an MP-03 release, which aren't totally accurate for this toy. Is that standard or just really weird for me?

All in all, I like him. I don't buy nearly as many TFs as some of you, so I'm quite pleased with this purchase.

They're all like that. It seems like they originally planned to use the MP-03 mold for this release instead of MP-11 version. Along with the MP-03 instructions all the accesories are meant to go with the MP-03 release and not the MP-11 mold. Then there's the fact that there isn't a single picture of the actual toy anywhere on the box.

still a cool figure though and I'd rather have the stand and missiles over the coronation set anyways.

Just picked up MP-12 Lambor/Sideswipe, and I'm at the same time awed and disappointed. The toy itself was awesome; accurate Countach mode and about as accurate of a Sideswipe bot mode as you can get for a transforming toy.

QC was pretty bad, though. Overall paintjob was sloppy. I found a red paint chip inside the left headlight of the car mode, and some of the red paint on the sides of the car mode were just a mist coat, with the black plastic underneath visible. Some silver paint was scratched off of the left shin of the bot mode as well. Almost identical problems with my MP-10.

I'll have to bring it back to the hobby store for a replacement.