DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

• 2 weeks later...

They're waiting to announce the Christmas Box set of all four of them, its the only way to get the RVF-25.

Muuhaha... how else can we screw with Macross lovers... :angry: oh, yeah, they will be Ultra-exclusive, limited to a production run of ONE!

Where is the Luca announcement? Seems like the last few times around they had announced the new versions right after release of the last version. Trying to avoid the Bandai anxiety game.

Luca I wonder his radar dish is the same as the NUN's blue version I would not be surprised if they would release then close to one another do you think they will include at least one ghost with him or just have them as exlcusives like last time.

Edited by moose

They're waiting to announce the Christmas Box set of all four of them, its the only way to get the RVF-25.

Muuhaha... how else can we screw with Macross lovers... :angry: oh, yeah, they will be Ultra-exclusive, limited to a production run of ONE!

At least you would probably be able to find the Christmas box. How many people would spend 60000 YEN again? But if it was announced as a Tamashii Nations 2013 exclusive... That would be amazing forum material !

It would be easy to split up a 4-pack here at MW. Many people need just Alto, or just Ozma, etc. It'd be a fairly complicated group buy, but there'd be no problem in finding homes for each valk in the set.

You know I was being facetious right?! :p I'm still pissed at Bandai for this fiasco.

You know I was being facetious right?! :p I'm still pissed at Bandai for this fiasco.

And from the looks of it, they hate the fans too LOL. I think we will have to sacrifice our 3rd born children on the night that Saturn and "Ure"anus are aligned while watching the bluray releases of Gundam Age while sticking gundam kits into your blackhole to get the whole set of these. Or you can just live on Japan time and keep hitting the F5 hoping for the flash of an announcement so you can then hit F5 constantly on the various web shop pages and hope you get one in the 30secs that you will have to secure it. I guess the third option is to pay the scalpers what they are asking for, but I have seen these things sell for ri "Dick" ulous prices. Anyways take your pick :D

So far I am doing fairly well though with securing these valks, but still I go through major anxiety trying to get them. I don't even normally have any anxiety issues either, If anything most people peg me as laid back.

I finally completed my comparison of the V1 Armored Parts and the V2 Armored parts. Here's a glamour shot, check out the rest of the post on anymoon -

V2-Armored-VF-25-11.jpg

You might want to reupload the video comparison. The bottom part of the video starts blinking after a few minutes.

I'm thrilled to say that I've finally managed to join the very exclusive club of VF-25S Armored Messiah owners. I can't help but now find myself wanting the Super parts as well... The new one puts the previous one to shame. I don't even know what to do with the original now. Although the armor is fine, the Valkyrie itself is broken in two places - and that's with fairly meticulous care.

Since Hasegawa is releasing the 1/72 VF-25 kit next year, does that mean that Bandai doesn't have exclusive rights to Macross Frontier anymore? Does that mean we'll get to see a Yamato 1/60 vf-25 soon and is that the reason why there have been no further Renewal announcements from Bandai? Sounds a little exciting. :D

16.jpg

WIN.

Although.. dangit. Now I want more so the scales match, and I already have 6 of the cheap 1/100 kits. :lol:

Guess the bonus to this is that you could build the transforming kits permanently in battroid/gerwalk mode.

Also.. hah.. I'd love to see the gear linkage required to synchronize the wing sweep on that one.

Edited by Chronocidal

Since Hasegawa is releasing the 1/72 VF-25 kit next year, does that mean that Bandai doesn't have exclusive rights to Macross Frontier anymore? Does that mean we'll get to see a Yamato 1/60 vf-25 soon and is that the reason why there have been no further Renewal announcements from Bandai? Sounds a little exciting. :D

God I hope not, as awesome as it would be if that were true, I can't imagine paying more money for another set of VF-25s'. Give me a few years break. Besides there are still valks from Mac 7 that yamato could produce, *cough VF-5000 cough VF-17C cough VF-11 MAXL cough VA-3C Invader cough etc*. Man that was a bad coughing fit lol.

I would temper my enthusiasm on that... I think some other Macross merchandise has been produced by companies other than Bandai already and Bandai would only give up the rights to make toys when they don't think they'll be profitable any more. Seems unlikely they'd let the rights go with the renewals selling out instantly. Besides, you don't want Yamato making VF-25 toys right now... you want some more time to go by so it will be a truly third generation toy.

But that's only true because they sold out at msrp. Had they all started at twice the price there'd be plenty still on store shelves, we might even be heading toward an hlj sale.

Which would mean that not only would it be available, but even more cheap than current prices. Also I'm pretty sure the price is not the only reason the Bandai's sell out so quickly.

I still would love a Yamato release. There's something about Yamato jets that make them seem more like real fighters, and less like toys, even with crazy schemes like the Fire balk.

Same here. I don't mind waiting a few years though. There's enough Yamato goodness coming to keep me happy. Especially with YF-19v3 almost guaranteed to be coming in the next year or two

But that's only true because they sold out at msrp. Had they all started at twice the price there'd be plenty still on store shelves, we might even be heading toward an hlj sale.

Mmm, I'm not sure. People don’t want to pay double the price because they think there should be a (theoretically) cheaper reissue. Of course nobody enjoys paying the current prices, but I think these toys would be sold out anyway had they started at a higher msrp.