DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Sucks you didn't get the toy you wanted, but it's good that you got the refund with no contesting from N-Y, which tells me that they didn't have it in stock and couldn't easily source a copy to fulfil your order and were just as glad to cancel the order without being the ones to contact you with the bad news.

Edit: AE has one in stock at the moment if you're interested and the price doesn't scare you off.

Edited by mechaninac

Sucks you didn't get the toy you wanted, but it's good that you got the refund with no contesting from N-Y, which tells me that they didn't have it in stock and couldn't easily source a copy to fulfil your order and were just as glad to cancel the order without being the ones to contact you with the bad news.

Thats my guess. they didnt actually have one when they said they did.

Edit: AE has one in stock at the moment if you're interested and the price doesn't scare you off.

It works out to within $5 of what I was goign to pay at NY, so that's fine :)

I put the money down today. We'll see what happens.

For $350 you either suck it up or just say screw it. And give Bandai the tally hoooo

i dont understand.... because I paid so much I should have complained less about the customer service i received?

Think he meant because of the high price of the Valk, and the price scaring you or others off, nothing to do with your experience with NY.

-b.

Some of you might like this:

Here is Mr. FrankenValk. Can you guess why?

You bought the V2 armored parts for Ozma but don't have the V2 Valkyrie for it

so you took the VF-25G Renewal put the V1 Ozma head on it and dressed it up with the armor?

Got delivery confirmation for my 25G. Took about 10 days to get here from when NY sent it. Really cant wait to get home and check out my first Frontier purchase.

Make sure the legs are extended all the way out in Gewalk-mode because when you twist the legs outwards you can scrap the pointy tips on the toy.

That looks really bad because you have light blue stress marks on a really blue toy. If you plan to play with it that is. :p

I hope you like it. I love the 25G with the bright blue color and the one eye (and the huge sniper rifle of course) :)

Edited by Scyla

I hope you like it. I love the 25G with the bright blue color and the one eye (and the huge sniper rifle of course) :)

Concur 100%. It's a lovely design in any mode, although mine stays in battroid standing non-chalantly with sniper rifle at the ready.

Can someone take a picture with a VF-25G and either Alto or Ozma armored parts in fighter mode? I'm desperate at this point, and will do whatever it takes to get an armored vf-25.

I'll use my imagination and psuedo story telling abilities to come up with an alternate reality where micheal equips armored parts of freakishly different colors.

A 25G with renewal armor parts and a V1 25S head?

Bingo!

Here it is using the head of the 1/72 VF-25S model kit.

post-2996-0-54643900-1358466491_thumb.jpg

post-2996-0-91147700-1358466580_thumb.jpg post-2996-0-42667000-1358466802_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-95409600-1358467018_thumb.jpg

And here it is with the real head. Personally I think the Ozma armor colors work well with the G.

post-2996-0-83709700-1358467054_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-55426100-1358467159_thumb.jpg

And, as you can see, if you have a cheap model kit head or the old V1 S head, you can have a very close looking Armored VF-25S Renewal. The arms could be painted grey easily if you want them to blend better with the head. The blue is darker than in the pics so it doesn't stand out that much in person.

Just an idea that might help people fill their need in a "cheaper" way.

Can someone take a picture with a VF-25G and either Alto or Ozma armored parts in fighter mode? I'm desperate at this point, and will do whatever it takes to get an armored vf-25.

I'll use my imagination and psuedo story telling abilities to come up with an alternate reality where micheal equips armored parts of freakishly different colors.

Archer, I’ll get you fighter mode pics with the Ozma parts on the G tomorrow.

That is what I am planning of doing. I have a spare 25G and a broken/crumbled V1 DX 25S (stupid armor parts)

In addiiton to that, the spare fixed posed hands from YF-29 have white knuckle covers. I will be using those to break up the blue.

My question is with the DX V1 25S head, will it affect the transformation?

Or you can be a bro and sell your spare at a reasonable price to someone who doesn't have any renewal 25's at all instead of ruining it to make a horrible franken-valk.

Just saying. :mellow:

There is a reason why I have two 25Gs. The first unit I bought came with a missing crotch piece. emailed the shop I bought from and they said no dice. The 25G they had was the only unit they have and if I want to return I have to take something else. I wasn't going to do that since the renewals 25 are hard to come by here I was kinda dejected until I came across another 25G in one of my overseas business trip. That came without any problems.

So, with the spare 25G I have (and the 25S and 25F is near impossible to acquire unless you sell off a kidney), I am gonna turn him into a FrankenValk, thanks to Twoducks inspiration.

Edited by TCracker

Yeah, same. Mine came without the crotch as well, but I just decided to deal with it, rather than send it back. Once I get his super parts set, it won't matter anyway.

Heck, it half-way doesn't matter now, since I just stuck my Ozma super pack crotch plate on to fill the space and keep his head from sinking. Not like they're color coordinated or anything. <_<

Edited by Chronocidal

>snip<

In the last picture, upper right shelf, in the very back; words cannot properly articulate how utterly, insanely jealous of you I am right now.

WANT....

oh man, and it's the black skirt version with the proper face sculpt... >drool<

Edited by anime52k8

Thanks. I was late in the game. Paid Ozma (used) for USD400 and Alto (New) USD500. But it's all worth it. :D Btw you meant Kanu Uncho. Got it for USD400 (used).

In the last picture, upper right shelf, in the very back; words cannot properly articulate how utterly, insanely jealous of you I am right now.

WANT....

Edited by KH355hamdi

that's just cruel. I can't find one with the proper sei shoujo face sculpt for less than $300 USD anywhere. (I'm poor). I've been staring at a Manderake listing for the original face version for 18,000 yen for a while now.

So I just thought I'd post some impressions now that I am home.

Firstly, the shipping box it came in was almost totally undamaged and the actual box for the 25G was in perfect shape. It was wrapped in bubble wrap with newspaper around that. So contrary to some of the other member's experiences with NY, mine showed up in great condition.

First thoughts when opening the box was that it was a little small. But I just got a 17S and a 19 Kai, and I think those are pretty huge as far as Macross Valks go. Also I guess Bandai is a touch smaller on average, but whatever. That being said, it looks amazing. The blue is great and my paint apps seem to be nice and crisp (haven't transformed it yet). The stand and other accessories look very nice and I've already swapped the head cannons.

My biggest fear out of the box is paint scraping. I've heard members talk about this before and I can tell it may be a bit prone to that just by the way it feels. So I'll transform it now and see how the joints are and if he has a crotch and all that.

Edit: Alrighty so I transformed him now and I am really, really impressed. Transformation was pretty easy, joints are all tight and he isn't missing any parts as far as I can see. I also managed to not ruin any paint during the process. I'm not sure I could have asked for a better first experience with a Frontier toy (or NY for that matter). I'm stoked to have this thing and stoked to pick up a few more Bandai releases in the future.

Edited by kaiotheforsaken

Bingo! Here it is using the head of the 1/72 VF-25S model kit. post-2996-0-54643900-1358466491_thumb.jpg post-2996-0-91147700-1358466580_thumb.jpg post-2996-0-42667000-1358466802_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-95409600-1358467018_thumb.jpg And here it is with the real head. Personally I think the Ozma armor colors work well with the G. post-2996-0-83709700-1358467054_thumb.jpgpost-2996-0-55426100-1358467159_thumb.jpg And, as you can see, if you have a cheap model kit head or the old V1 S head, you can have a very close looking Armored VF-25S Renewal. The arms could be painted grey easily if you want them to blend better with the head. The blue is darker than in the pics so it doesn't stand out that much in person. Just an idea that might help people fill their need in a "cheaper" way. Archer, I’ll get you fighter mode pics with the Ozma parts on the G tomorrow.

Hmmm I didnt know you could add the armor pack to the G. Well now I wont need an Ozma Armor pack set. I will just get the armor pack