DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Maybe you're right but all Renewals came with some gimmick: Alto flying in EX-Gear, a Ranka pilot figure, awesome grappling hooks.

I can't think what an appropriate gimmick for Luca would be besides a Ghost drone. Plus he does not have a gun-pod in the show if I'm not mistaken.

Do you remember the episode where Luca is captured and brought inside the Vajra battleship, Alto dives in and saves him but looses his Valk in the process. Alto then uses his Ex gear and takes control of The RVF-25, I'm sure he then raises the gunpod and shoots the system holding Luca and his Valk - that's the only episode I can clearly remember the RVF-25 with a gunpod.

But but the cg-models??? :(

I just pretend in my mind that it was the gun-pod of the VF-24F that hovered mysteriously into the hand of the RFV-25.

Also I would rather have a Ghost drone than a gun-pod for Lucas Valkyrie.

When you have different CG models rigged for different types of animation, it gets REALLY easy to have those kinds of errors. I mean, look at how many times the markings on the spine of the VF-25F appear and disappear?

They also really weren't very careful with the posing of the VF-25s in the series. Any casual freeze-framing will show a ton of parts passing straight through each other. It doesn't show up if you don't look very carefully, but while pieces don't have to necessarily change size to transform anymore, parts existing in the same physical space is the new anime magic. :lol:

It happens though. Animation software isn't really built to avoid collisions, because there's really no consequence to it. Manufacturing CAD is another story, but they're not going to invest that much to make a cartoon.

Plus there's the fact that I'm sure in this case it was entirely intentional. The scene required Luca's valkyrie to have a gunpod, so they used a model rigged with a gunpod. Whether his Valkyrie is actually equipped with one or if they just used one for that scene is ultimately irrelevant as far as the animation staff in that case would be concerned. They'd just be doing what the story-board called for.

I mean, it's not like people are going to come in and nitpick every last scene, right?

All jokes aside though, as Chonocidal said, just because they're using 3D models now doesn't mean that they just have one CG model for every mech. They'd be using many, each rigged (set up with joints and vector information) for specific types of scenes. There's no guarantee at all that anything is going to be entirely consistent across all models used for filming. It's a different kind of animation, but it's still prone to just as many accidents and errors as any other type of animation. Let's say, for example, they want 'robot A' to be in gerwalk mode for this specific movement, but they only need to do it once so they don't have a dedicated model for that? No problem, just skin this model of 'robot B' that was rigged to do that so that it looks like 'robot A' and call it a day. That sort of shortcut is extremely common in CG animation. That's not necessarily what they did here, but it's a good example of how you might get things like that.

tl;dr, CG animation isn't a magic wand that makes animation errors and shortcuts go away.

I saw the link go up as well, it's going to be a refresh game.

I'm also holding for a VF-25F/S renewal, as the current prices are way too high for me. But at least I still have a VF-25F rev 1.

Wow, that's a new record! Sold out in -3 hours! Someone needs to get ahold of them and figure out how they're warping the space-time continuum. :lol:

I need to go and re-think my life. This time shenanigans is messing with my notion of free will. :p

Or I can just wait and order from NY, which is probably what will happen. I will never understand Bandai's marketing.

Well the product notes say it won't be available until 4 pm Japan time so maybe that's just the way the website works. Either way, bed time for me. I'll read about the aftermath tomorrow I suppose.

Where does it say this??? I'm sorry, not seeing this right now...