DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Hi. Have you email them? I made payment on 30th Jan. Yesterday they email me they are preparing for shipment. All payment including shipment done.

Im still waiting (again) for anime export. 13 days, no shipping payment notice, no replies to messages. Exactly what Nippon yasan did to me.

Well they were listed @ 250 each. I jumped on them with the quickness.

He replied with:

"Any chance you'd be willing to also buy the YF-29 and VF-171? I just had
a family tragedy and lost my mother and sister. This will help with
services."

I replied with:

"Sorry to hear about your mother and sister, I send you and your loved ones my deepest regrets.

Unfortunately I have both of the YF-29 schemes and a VF-171, I am stretching my budget as is by getting these 2.
My wife is allowing me to buy these for my birthday.
What is the condition of the 2 renewals? I can send payment immediately."

Then I heard nothing for a few days. Once the seller came back he said:

Hi, sorry it is currently on hold for another person pending payment. I will let you know if it falls through.

It's like he would have sold them to me if I would have bought all 4, but that was around $1000. He never even updated them saying they were pending or on hold. Then the listing was yanked as far as I can tell. Kind of sucks, but I guess he can do whatever he wants. I so wanted them for my birthday to fill out the other Super parts sets I have. Now I also don't have a gift lined up lol. I wonder if anyone here actually got them.... I was a returning buyer too :(

Edited by Loop

Mine arrive today. Now waiting for the Superpacks from Nippon Yasan. That's my office in the university. Btw those who have the VF-25G, how is the finish on your VF? Mine has tiny scratches like swirl marks. The item is new. All joints are tight and no chipping.

600637_10151284567792861_763547941_n.jpg

Edited by KH355hamdi

Im still waiting (again) for anime export. 13 days, no shipping payment notice, no replies to messages. Exactly what Nippon yasan did to me.

I had that issue with anime export too. Then I checked my junk mail and found out my e-mail had marked it as spam and so I didn't get the e-mails.

Well they were listed @ 250 each. I jumped on them with the quickness.

He replied with:

"Any chance you'd be willing to also buy the YF-29 and VF-171? I just had

a family tragedy and lost my mother and sister. This will help with

services."

I replied with:

"Sorry to hear about your mother and sister, I send you and your loved ones my deepest regrets.

Unfortunately I have both of the YF-29 schemes and a VF-171, I am stretching my budget as is by getting these 2.

My wife is allowing me to buy these for my birthday.

What is the condition of the 2 renewals? I can send payment immediately."

Then I heard nothing for a few days. Once the seller came back he said:

Hi, sorry it is currently on hold for another person pending payment. I will let you know if it falls through.

It's like he would have sold them to me if I would have bought all 4, but that was around $1000. He never even updated them saying they were pending or on hold. Then the listing was yanked as far as I can tell. Kind of sucks, but I guess he can do whatever he wants. I so wanted them for my birthday to fill out the other Super parts sets I have. Now I also don't have a gift lined up lol. I wonder if anyone here actually got them.... I was a returning buyer too :(

I got the same message as well. I feel really bad now about getting uptight about his slow PMs. I hope all is going all right for him.

Toys really couldn't matter less in situations like this :(

If you see this message bud, my thoughts are with you!

Hi!

I've been reding this forum for a while now, but this is my first post.

I'm a Transformers collector and do not know much about Macross / Robotech.

The only Macross movie i have seen is "Macross Plus", which i bought on VHS back in the days..:)

One day i saw the vf-25f (v1) review by wizatar, and completly fell in love with this toy.

Well, i was still at uni at that time, and i couldn't afford one of these beauties, but i kept dreaming.

Then i kinda lost track of the Macross thing, and went back to Transformers.

So when the renewal version came out, i missed it.

I first heard of it when it was already sold out for some time already.

Now i want one of these!

So i have some questions about the renewals :

- What was the price for these when they were on preorder / retail?

- What would be an acceptable price to pay now, if i can find one. Nippon Yasan still has the 25G for 211$. Is that a good price?

- At what price do you expect the RVF-25 to be?

- Is there a chance of a re-release of the VF-25F /S ? I heard there might be giftsets, VF-25 together with armor or fastpacks. At what pricerange will they be?

I really want one of those, but im completely unsure if i should buy the 25G from NY, or if i should wait for the RVF-25 ( I love both designs ) or even for a v3 of these toys.

I hope you can help me :)

( Im sorry for my bad english, i try my best :D )

Michael

Hi Michael.

I am fairly new to Macross Frontier (about 6 months since I collected my first DX VF-25F renewal). It gets very addictive. For me price is secondary. As long as my pocket can afford. The quality of the renewal and its design is well executed (me being a design engineer with Master qualification). What attracts me the most is the slim shape of the robot and perfect shape of the fighter. Add the ability to load some upgrades onto it makes me want to buy all of them. Go for the renewal if possible. If the renewal of VF-27 is not made, I will get the V1 instead.

I don't think there's not too big a likelyhood of v3s any time soon, unless yamato gets ahold of the licence and decides to do a competing toy. The original retail for these version 2 toys was somewhere in the neighborhood of 1500 yen (or thereabouts), which is something like $180 US dollars depending on exchange rates at the time. Since the version 2 toys seem to suffer from low production numbers and are hard to find now, anything below $250 USD is doing okay. Nippon Yasan's VF-25G is probably about as good a deal as you're likely to find anywhere right now.

I don't know offhand if preorders for the RVF-25 have started yet or not, but most of the recent bandai releases have had horror stories about how hard it is to get a preorder in, so you might wanna just go with a sort of 'bird in the hand' mindset for these.

To be honest, personally it was all too much of a hassle to deal with the V2s and I've just settled for the older V1s, which I've actually found to be pretty okay toys, regardless of popular opinion, but that's just me.

However you go about it, welcome to the fold, and best of luck finding the toys you want!

That was the reason I told everyone to relax, and that he would take care of us.

I am not worried too much. That's a tough situation. I did pay him and I saw the item I bought was removed from the list. I have not had any confirming e-mail, but knowing what's going on with him is pretty sad. Toys are not that important.

Nope. No spam in my junk or deleted items folders. i also got the confirmation emails just fine.

14 days no word.

So you have actually gone into your account and requested shipping on the in-stock items, and been billed for the shipping? Their shipping system isn't automatic, it's a bit like BBTS's 'Pile of Loot'.

I've been using them for years and never had a problem, and they have always replied promptly when I have sent queries.

I have about $800 of incoming orders with them, so you're making me nervous. :p

so this morning i got this through Facebook:

Dear Mr Moore,

sorry that we have to reply to you here, we did reply to your inquiries each time but looks like you are not receiving our e-mails.
Probably they ended up in your spam folder, sorry for this.
We explained in the very first email that there was a problem with the Alto Parts listed on our website, we found out that the last remaining piece was crushed and that we needed a few days to get another one.
Since looks like we have a communication problem and as you say you are VERY impatient we alreay sent you a full refund.
Again sorry for this problem.
Erika

So now i dont know. I have check my spam filters: nothing. I even checked through Gmail on a browser instead of through outlook and STILL couldnt see any emails.

So if they were sending em, now i feel like a dick, but since i cant find them... I dunno....

Dear Mr Moore,

sorry that we have to reply to you here, we did reply to your inquiries each time but looks like you are not receiving our e-mails.

We explained in the very first email that there was a problem with the Alto Parts listed on our website, we found out that the last remaining piece was crushed and that we needed a few days to get another one.

Since looks like we have a communication problem and as you say you are VERY impatient we alreay sent you a full refund.

Erika

So now i dont know. I have check my spam filters: nothing. I even checked through Gmail on a browser instead of through outlook and STILL couldnt see any emails.

So if they were sending em, now i feel like a dick, but since i cant find them... I dunno....

I wouldn't buy it. They gave me conflicting info about my lone purchase I made from them, which I detailed in another post, and I'll never do business those guys again. They run their business like a small time ebay seller and I don't care what they claim to have in stock, I'll never touch their website again and no one else should either.

Dear Mr Moore,

Erika

I had something similar happen but without the 2 week wait. They offered it to me fo half price tho... It was for a CMs Blowsperior - box was damaged but the contents were fine.

Not too sure what to make of it. :unsure:

All this proves is that some (most?) of these online vendors will have the occasional screw-up with inventory availability and sourcing of some items, and the odd communications hiccup. It doesn't make them bad sellers, but does mean that once in a while you end up with a bad experience that can sour your oppinion of said seller. $h!t happens, so as long as you're refunded it's all cool.

Scream Man, glad you were able to secure a copy through N-Y.

Edited by mechaninac