DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

Extremely annoyed right now. Decided to slap the armor parts on Alto and found I have 2 of the same little shoulder piece you have to replace to attach the shoulder missiles. the actual missile pods are correct just I have 2 right sides that attach them to the body. Im sure my only option is buy a whole brand new set. Bought them from anime-export but I doubt they can help me.

Extremely annoyed right now. Decided to slap the armor parts on Alto and found I have 2 of the same little shoulder piece you have to replace to attach the shoulder missiles. the actual missile pods are correct just I have 2 right sides that attach them to the body. Im sure my only option is buy a whole brand new set. Bought them from anime-export but I doubt they can help me.

Well anime-export requested I send them a picture to see if they can get a replacement. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Theyre sending the part out. anime-export FTW!

Edited by ErikElvis

Well anime-export requested I send them a picture to see if they can get a replacement. Fingers crossed.

Edit: Theyre sending the part out. anime-export FTW!

Awesome man, at least we know they are willing to provide service, unlike some of the other webshops.

Are the Super Parts prone to doing that same paint scraping on that area of the toy, or is it just with the Armor Parts?

the armor parts and super parts doesn´t make the sratch in the die cast hips, the guilty is the knee cover of the basic model, i mean the pointy knee,

the scratch is a problem from the toy itself, and surely will be present in almost all the VF 25S because happens fast and its almost impossible to avoid... the only cure i know are putting the adhesive plastic or mantaining the armor or super parts on, covering the die cast

in fact the armor and super parts will prevent the scratch (covering the die cast and avoiding the knee cover to scratch the paint)

(i don´t know if the armor could make some new type of scratch there or in other parts of the toy, i will report any kind of problem when my armor arrives)

ahmmmm ... i dont think that some coat of transparent paint will prevent the scratch, because the force of the knee i´ts too much, it´s almost like a knife (maybe if we get some sand paper and remove the pointy edges (i did that too, the edges removed are invisible, and the plastic cover, must protect my ozma hips from anything... well... i hope so)

Edited by Drackie

Oh, I thought you were talking about the knee armor from the armor parts. It never occurred to me that the knee covers themselves could scratch anything. The top edges are pretty dull on mine and haven't scratched anything yet on the YF-29, and either of my VF-25's.

I clear coat mine more for the look, but adding enough layers should protect the paint as well. We all know how crappy the paint is that Bandai uses and a good clear coat is more durable than the paint is.

Out of curiousity, how did the paint in the pic in the previous paint get scraped off in those areas by the knee cover? Especially the inner side. If there's any area where I would expect the paint to get scraped off, it would be the black paint on the raised portion rather than the more recessed areas.

Oh, I thought you were talking about the knee armor from the armor parts. It never occurred to me that the knee covers themselves could scratch anything. The top edges are pretty dull on mine and haven't scratched anything yet on the YF-29, and either of my VF-25's.

I clear coat mine more for the look, but adding enough layers should protect the paint as well. We all know how crappy the paint is that Bandai uses and a good clear coat is more durable than the paint is.

Out of curiousity, how did the paint in the pic in the previous paint get scraped off in those areas by the knee cover? Especially the inner side. If there's any area where I would expect the paint to get scraped off, it would be the black paint on the raised portion rather than the more recessed areas.

i dont have the yf-29 and vf-25f maybe are a little more resistant because its white paint, and not the really fragile gray that ozma uses, that fragile gray cover the intakes on the back of the legs, the front of the legs, the knee covers (only the a part), but, the die cast hips have the much more fragile gray paint, you can scratch it almost with your nail by accident if you don´t have care

Now about the layers of paint, that maybe helps, but is better to take some sand paper and remove the pointy edge of the knee cover, i did it, is totally invisible, but you will see that makes the knees less dangerous

The last: i know it´s strange to see the sides of the hips scratched and the black front (and red jewel) dont, the explanation is that that black and red paint are really hard (maybe as hasr like the white in your models) because it feels really sticked and well painted, but the gray looks like a mate finsh and not glossy, ahmmm think about the gray as if was water colored paint, mate, fragile and not glossy.

now the scratch in the sides is just because of the A stand in gearwalk...if you do a position type valky version 1, whitout open te legs aside that wont scratch the paint, (because the knee cover hits the black paint the really hard one in the die cast hips) but the a stand give access to the knee cover to the external side, that gray paint will be removed very easy... to the inner side where it´s scratched too i dont have any explanation.. haha i don´t know how that paint was reached by the knee cover, i dont remember a pose where the interior of the hip be exposed, but the scratch is there, i don´t know why, maybe a little scratch of the front takes to the aside paint to break, but i´m not sure.

i will recommend all the owners of ozma to cover thar gray paint with something you can access to, maybe the armor or super parts, layers, plastic, or something , and remove the pointy edges of the knee cover with some fine sand paper because sooner or later, your ozma suddently will scratch surely in the die cast hips

( the back big ozma logo has another little issue... when the wings are moved to the back in battdroid, the upper parts of the horns in the wings, will be pressed against the plastic (just exactly in the big wing joint, that will create little black lines in the horns of the tampo printing, that can ve easy solved with little plastic covers made of cell phone screen protector plastic. )

7696281662_b0f279e040_k.jpg

This may be a dumb and/or obvious question.. but is there any external difference between the hip armor included with the super packs and the one for the armor packs? They don't look any different detail-wise, but are they a different color?

Since I don't have enough VF-25s to display everything at once, I have to pick and choose which pack sets I use. If the colors match well enough, I'll just use the improved hip parts from the armor with the super packs, and be done with the ones from the super pack sets.

This may be a dumb and/or obvious question.. but is there any external difference between the hip armor included with the super packs and the one for the armor packs? They don't look any different detail-wise, but are they a different color?

Since I don't have enough VF-25s to display everything at once, I have to pick and choose which pack sets I use. If the colors match well enough, I'll just use the improved hip parts from the armor with the super packs, and be done with the ones from the super pack sets.

Yes, the markings are different on hip armors between the Super packs and Armor packs.

Well, maybe I should rephrase what I mean..

Are they different enough to look ugly and clash color-wise, or would it take someone going frame-by-frame in the anime to actually notice the differences? :lol: I really don't care about it being canon one way or the other, I just want the parts to stay on.

I'm in Tokyo for the weekend, went down to Mandarake Akihabara and scored an unopened VF-171EX for 15k yen and an "opened" YF-29 for 20k yen. Double yay! I'm finally up to date (but very much poorer)!

What's interesting was Mandarake's prices for the renewal VF-25.

Alto ver unopened: 27-28k jpy

Ozma ver unopened: 31k jpy

YF-29 unopened 21k jpy.

VF-171EX unopened 15k jpy

When you consider the RRP for the Alto and Ozma, the markup is incredible, and should be pretty indicative of the secondary mkt demand for these pieces compared to the YF-29 and VF-171EX!

Edited by the_foul_fowl

Does anyone have a tip on how to rotate the shoulder blocks (the metal parts) back into place when transforming back into fighter without the danger of scratching the paint off? I've scraped off some of the white paint off the edges already after repeated transformations. No matter how careful I try to be, I seem to scratch off a little paint every time I transform it.

On my armor packs, in the off white area with the micro missiles on the wing packs, there's some tiny splotches of red paint here and there. Does anyone know if the off white is colored plastic or is painted? I really can't tell, and don't wish to use any chemicals to remove the flecks of red paint if it's not plastic underneath.

It's been nearly 5 years since I first saw it, but I finally have an Armored VF-25S. :)

Things to note that may not have been mentioned previously:

With the armor parts on the gunpod is not particularly secure when mounted in fighter mode. The set actually comes with a rather awkward clip that you can use to "bind" the legs together so they hold the gunpod more securely.

Bandai opted not to paint the yellow and black stripes on the original hip armor that fits under the armored hip armor (god that sounds confusing), even though they did so for the super parts.

Trivialities aside, it's such a huge and beautiful piece, and I haven't even transformed it yet. My Super VF-25F just looks so puny next to it.

I love this thing. I'm just going to sit here and bask in its awesomeness for awhile. :)

post-5703-0-72585600-1346302007_thumb.jpg

For those with the armor...have you removed the any pieces to see if there are any paint scratches on your S or F?

None so far. I've been extra careful with placing the parts on though, especially on the hips.