DX VF-25 Renewal Series (Part III)

UN Spacy

When yamato announce it I would be very happy. I was always annoyed by the tiny gunpod of the existing yf-19 and after seeing the vf-19, I think it blows the yf-19 out of the water. I have no buyers remorse for being an owner of yf-19 by any means. Just thought that it could have been much better (gullet, lack of locking chest, and small gunpod being the main criticisms I have)

Some quick snaps of the new Armor Packs.

Photos taken with my Galaxy S3.

The VF-25F, was my spare, which I removed from the box for the first time today and the right shoulder ball joint was already super loose :(

Graham

Speaking of which, is there a way to fix loose shoulder joints? I think mine's loose at the pin swivel connection.

Damn, missed my 25F super and 25S armor packs delivery from NY today. :(

Redelivery scheduled for tomorrow, hope I get it this time; otherwise, I'll have to schlep to the post office to pick it up in person, but not until Saturday.

Edited by mechaninac

Yes, check the tightening tutorial posted a few posts back

Thanks. I didn't see that video before. However it seems it only covers tightening the ball joint, but not the hinged joint with a pin. I think mine is loose where the pinned joint is, not where the ball joint is. Any idea on how to tightened that?

Thanks. I didn't see that video before. However it seems it only covers tightening the ball joint, but not the hinged joint with a pin. I think mine is loose where the pinned joint is, not where the ball joint is. Any idea on how to tightened that?

if you watch the whole video the guy shows us how to fix that part also...

if you watch the whole video the guy shows us how to fix that part also...

I don't think he fixes the "pinned" joint. All I can think of is perhaps putting a small nail or large needle into the pin hole in order to expand the pin for a tighter fit. My Alto has this problem on his left shoulder.

I don't think he fixes the "pinned" joint. All I can think of is perhaps putting a small nail or large needle into the pin hole in order to expand the pin for a tighter fit. My Alto has this problem on his left shoulder.

I made the video on the 29, i do go into fixing the pinned joint. It starts at 4:02 on my video.

Edited by anubis20

I made the video on the 29, i do go into fixing the pinned joint. It starts at 4:02 on my video.

Thank you anubis20. That's what we get for fast forwarding through the video. Hehe!

EDIT: Oh wait. I still think that it's the pinned joint wherein the shoulder swings back into fighter position. Am I right, locidm? That's the problem on mine.

Edited by OzmaLee74

EDIT: Oh wait. I still think that it's the pinned joint wherein the shoulder swings back into fighter position. Am I right, locidm? That's the problem on mine.

Yup, the pinned joint that keys the shoulder swing back to fighter mode.

I haven't found time to go through the whole video but I will tonight. Thanks for the vid. :)

Got both sets of my armor yesterday! HAPPY! I dressed both up (man Barbie?) and put them in my case and kept glancing over at them all night. The armored VF-25 is at the top of my list of "most liked Valkyrie" next to the Strike VF-1.

I have 2 VF-25F renewal's so I was able to set up one with the super-pack and one with the armor-pack. However I only managed to score one VF-25s and I have both packs! So I had to choose!

So please re-release Bandai. Thankyouverymuch :D

Got my order from NY delivered today. :)

The only nitpick I have with Nippon-Yasan is that they need to improve their packaging; they're nowhere near as well protected as HLJ, Amiami, or even Otacute... I had some minor corner damage to both accessories boxes. Other than that very minor gripe I'm happy with their service.

Now for the items themselves: The Super parts for the VF-25F are very neat, but the Armor set for the VF-25S is a whole other magnitude of OMG! :blink: ... It's monstrous! :o But in a very good way. The individual parts, by themselves are fairly light, but all that gear loaded on the Messiah will make for a very heavy mech toy, with all the good and bad that goes with it.

Now all I can say is that Bandai cannot reissue the Ozma's 25 soon enough! Having the armor without the VF to put it on is going to have me itching like a crack addict looking for his next fix...

Bandai should just tell us what they plan to release and then release it on the dates they tell people.

It would help sell armor and super packs because then people who are considering buying the packs will be more likely to buy them if they know they can get an ozma later when it gets reissued.

So easy.

Maybe macross toy sales are slowly eating into the sale of their more-loved gundam toys/models so they are deliberately limiting things. lol Then they can say: "see? there is not much money to be made from macross, no cannon fodder plane releases for you macross fans. Everyone wants more gundams. Must sell gundam. Must never tell the public that macross toys even exist."

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Bandai should just tell us what they plan to release and then release it on the dates they tell people.

It would help sell armor and super packs because then people who are considering buying the packs will be more likely to buy them if they know they can get an ozma later when it gets reissued.

So easy.

The problem with that is that they would have to tell us the exact second that something is supposed to be available and I don't think they are willing to give up that precious information. ;-)

Hi i´m here to tell you all about the problem with the paint in the metal part of the legs, this is a place were you need to take precautions because it will be scratched very easy

you only need to take care of the knee covers in gearwalk mode, if the edge touches the metal parts it will scratch them, tis happens fast and if you don´t take care, will end like mine ... i know other little issues and the remedy im making another post with the details :)

7696281662_b0f279e040_k.jpg

Hi i´m here to tell you all about the problem with the paint in the metal part of the legs, this is a place were you need to take precautions because it will be scratched very easy

you only need to take care of the knee covers in gearwalk mode, if the edge touches the metal parts it will scratch them, tis happens fast and if you don´t take care, will end like mine ... i know other little issues and the remedy im making another post with the details :)

Well then.

Anyone up for making replacement hips in something that's NOT DIECAST? Freaking bandai. <_<

Holy crap looks like Ozma made an emergency crash landing.

EDIT: I just received my EX-Gear Alto figure today and noticed that the paint around the butt area of the armor was scraped. My first thought was "Why didn't Bandai just mold it in color?" Then I noticed that the front plates on the leg armors are made of metal. Why?? Is there a minimum die cast quota that Bandai has to utilize to keep their suppliers happy? Their use of die cast seems almost random at times.

Edited by Lolicon

7696281662_b0f279e040_k.jpg

Yeah, found out about that problem too with mine. That's why I'm gonna keep Ozma in his armor forever so the intake armors can cover those scratches. It seems Ozma is more prone to paint issues than Alto.

Im confused, so as long as I dont display the armored vf-25 in gerwalk mode the scratches will not happen? The intake armors don't scratch it but the leg knee armors do?

the die cast hips scratch realy easy not only with the knee covers, almost with anything, soooooo i found solutions :)

(this is my second ozma, the damaged i sold it like an used product and i won some money haha

First:

i used a plastic since a long time ago, i buy it in chinesse products stores and is made to cover books and notebooks, it´s a really elastic plastic almost impossible to break but easy to deform, it has adhesive, but its really light and can be removed just pulling it out and after some froting the fingers and that´s all, i use to put that plastic on the scratchable places of my cellphones so i know it´s very resistant and easy to detach even if has a year of two, don´t degrades or make hard or anything (before to useit in your ozma try it in something else)

(the pictures are made with a galaxy s2)

here is the first picture, you almost can´t see the plastic

http://farm9.staticf...cdbda12a7_k.jpg

7800920662_9cdbda12a7_k.jpg

the same, going near with a HD camera and you almost can´t see the plastic covers:

7800931828_8b834afddd_k.jpg

Only here at 5 cm distance and 8 Mpx Camera with flash you can see clearly the plastic covers :

7800930018_578477b5d2_k.jpg

ok that solves the paint problem :D ! !

now about the armor over weighted boosters (damn my armor is not here yet... )

Ok the pressure of the weight its really too much ¿solution ? see this :

7800923784_ecd5408c05_h.jpg

¿ have you noticed ? you can use the plastic cover + the gearwalk gun holder, to solve it , the plastic cover can be sticked to the gunpod holder (i suppose this will make it useless to hold the gunpod (maybe) or you can use the transparent plastic cover in the front fixed part of the glass cabin (i use it there) and being almost invisible :D ! ! !

see it at detail :

7800926850_ad9013b598_h.jpg

ant that will solve the second problem :D ! ! !

so you may think the use of the gearwalk gun holder is going to take the back too high but it doesnt, looks almost normal but now arent so stresed (and don´t moves like bouncing) by the weight :

7800923784_dddb700e1c_c.jpg

by the way i did up some decals and non permanent and fast easy lining to the back and many other parts of my valky :3 you can see it in all the pictures

(but i don´t know if i will tell you how to do it) .... muuuahahahahaha

7800922396_138fca3b47_b.jpg

Edited by Drackie

by the way, i fixed the leg joints with some super glue and then sand paper in the ball joints (taking of the screws to dissasemble first) and i noticed that the legs are designed to hold the valky with the armor, if you fix the joints yo will see it can support a lot of weight in the back witouth going backwards (i will make a video when test my armored pack)

other thing is that i see that the foots has more screws,if you need more wight resistance you can turn it to make it more solid,

Another tip, use the great waist joint :) (only can be used when the crotch is all forward, in that point you can turn ozma torso like 25 or 30 degrees each side

ahmm what else......

i used some superglue and sand paper in the head lasers too to make it solid (it was a little hard to do)

the non permanent lining, ahmmm maybe i will make a tutorial later, ( its soooo easy that you can´t belive it if you see it )

i think that´s all for today :3

Edited by Drackie

Hi everyone,

Has anyone had problems dealing with Yokatta recently? I pre-ordered the renewal armor parts from them and have sent them a couple of emails asking about the status of the items. Until now more than a week later I still didn't get any reply from them...

I made a search and there is no many articles for yokatta store, but the few that mention his service, said it´s good, just give them a little more time, this armor is really hard to get so they maybe have problems to find it at the price they sold it to you, remember tamashii lately are not covering the preorders on frontier stuff (i heard some stories about tamashii not sending enough items to cover the preorders )

I let you the search link that i made:

https://www.google.com.mx/search?q=yokatta++store+problem+preorder&num=20&hl=es-419&safe=off&prmd=imvns&ei=tPkuUO_CHarBygHq34DoAg&start=0&sa=N&biw=898&bih=516