Ok Guys... Do YOU want the 1/60 YF-19?

ErikElvis

I feel the exact opposite.

The problem with the YF-19 is the forward fuselage is angled upwards at a 10-15 degree angle. It looks so wrong. The VF-19 has the angle of the fuselage correct so the pilot is actually facing forwards.

THIS.

While the gullet does bother me, the feeling that the fuselage is angling up when you set the rest of the body perfectly horizontal bothers me a lot. The large gullet exaggerates it further.

That said, I would be happy enough with the VF-19 variants coming out that I don't feel like a revised YF-19 would huge priority in my "to buy" list.

THIS.

While the gullet does bother me, the feeling that the fuselage is angling up when you set the rest of the body perfectly horizontal bothers me a lot. The large gullet exaggerates it further.

That said, I would be happy enough with the VF-19 variants coming out that I don't feel like a revised YF-19 would huge priority in my "to buy" list.

even if the gullet doesn't bother you, the improvements to the transformation, posability, gimmicks, the locks for gerwalk and battroid, not to mention just the general improvement to the fit of the toy in all three modes... all those things on my preferred '19 design = a must buy for me.

even if the gullet doesn't bother you, the improvements to the transformation, posability, gimmicks, the locks for gerwalk and battroid, not to mention just the general improvement to the fit of the toy in all three modes... all those things on my preferred '19 design = a must buy for me.

That's great for you (and Yamato) if that makes it a must buy for you. More power to you.

I can and was only speaking for myself.

With exchange rates as they are (and still getting worse) and the general upward trend of the MSRP of the new releases, I'm getting much choosier with what I get. I think I would be content with getting a couple VF-19 variants. I'm not opposed to a version 3 YF-19 coming out. I might even get one if the price dropped low enough at some point if one were to come out eventually, but with how things are trending, by the time it comes out I'm thinking it would cost close to $300 after shipping just to acquire one at release. Thus putting it low on my "to buy" list since I already have a couple YF-19s and would rather get other VFs that I don't have yet first.

That's great for you (and Yamato) if that makes it a must buy for you. More power to you.

With exchange rates as they are (and still getting worse) and the general upward trend of the MSRP of the new releases, I'm getting much choosier with what I get. I think I would be content with getting a couple VF-19 variants. I'm not opposed to a version 3 YF-19 coming out. I might even get one if the price dropped low enough at some point if one were to come out eventually, but with how things are trending, by the time it comes out I'm thinking it would cost close to $300 after shipping just to acquire one at release. Thus putting it low on my "to buy" list since I already have a couple YF-19s and would rather get other VFs that I don't have yet first.

While it's an unfortunate reality we have to be much more careful with our money that doesn't necessarily discount what Eugimon has said either. I think the other improvements to a YF-19 would be a HUGE deal. It's pretty much my least favorite of the valks I own because it's so unstable/floppy in Gerwalk/Battroid.

sorry, I was definitely speaking for myself.

While it's an unfortunate reality we have to be much more careful with our money that doesn't necessarily discount what Eugimon has said either. I think the other improvements to a YF-19 would be a HUGE deal. It's pretty much my least favorite of the valks I own because it's so unstable/floppy in Gerwalk/Battroid.

Sorry if what I said sounded like I was discounting what he said. That wasn't my intention if it came across that way. If the VF-19 kai is any indication, a revamped YF-19 would be amazing indeed. I was only speaking for myself on what my current criteria and priorities are.

sorry, I was definitely speaking for myself.

Ah ok. I wasn't sure with how you worded the first part of your sentence where it sounded like you were talking to me at the start and then ended with it being a must buy for you. I was confused by it.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Ah ok. I wasn't sure with how you worded the first part of your sentence where it sounded like you were talking to me at the start and then ended with it being a must buy for you. I was confused by it.

yeah sorry for any confusion, definitely my bad there.

Yes Please - Only if...

1. Double check the spelling for tampo prints and decal stickers

2. Properly proportioned Isamu Dyson pilot figure matching the VF-11B

3. Fast Pack included please. Don't need another Fold Booster and don't want to pay 100 bucks for 4 small parts.

4. A tad longer wings please. Is it just me or are the wings properly sized for version 2?

4. Yamato can figure out the removable intake cover problem -

Still bugs me to read that Yamato figured the VF-19 was shown more often as a battroid in the anime thus sacrificing the removable intake covers

due to engineering problems. "Nothing is impossible just improbable" Sounds to me they got stuck and just compromised instead of improvised. I'm

not hating and I totally admit there was a lot of love put to the VF-19, just this one thing made it from being totally perfect for me. Luckily

it wasn't a YF-19 and hopefully Yamato will figure something out for a Version 3 if it happens.

Funny thing is with all my whining and complaining I still have a feeling I'll buy one no matter what. I also think some of us who says "No" will end up getting one anyways once a prototype picture comes out. Till that day...who can honestly resist???

If anyone wants to sell me a Double Nuts or Bird of Prey at a reduced price (or trade for VF-22S toys) let me know. I'm not a huge fan of the toy but would like to revise my YF-19 post on anymoon.com and include at least one of those birds.

Edited by jenius

If it's going to be a retool of the 1/60 Fire Kai...I dunno, I'm not a fan of the visible ankle joints. Sure it adds a lot of articulation to the feet, but it looks pretty distracting.

Also, I prefer the more robust look of the V2 in fighter mode. The wings could stand to be a little longer, though.

My answer to the question is yes I would like to see a v.3.

I think everyone who has a v.2 should sell it now raise the money for v.3 and then never have to worry about lack of funds.

By the time v3 comes around the value of v.2 will probably go down and you won't get as much for it.

Unless something bad happens like yamato goes out of business or something lol But they have been milking the macross fanbase for every cent with their VF-1 recolor love. hehe

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

v1 is the 1/72 toy that released ages ago. This was ok and surprisingly it had locking chest mechanism for robot mode that the v2 lacks.

The v2 has better look overall but the toy in robot mode seems to lack something. It has a small gunpod and in fighter mode it just has the wierd looking neck. It's not bad just that people know improvements can be made to this with the release of the vf-19. Robot mode fans tend to like the chunkier look of the vf-19 but honestly it's just down to how you imagine the robot to look in your mind not that there is one good or bad way.

V1 should not really be called v1 since it is another scale. (1/72)

The "v3" should be the v2 since it is the second 1/60.

I don't call the 1/48 vf-1 the "version 2" (came later than the original 1/60 vf-1)

So I find it funny that people want to call the next 1/60 yf-19 a "version 3", when the original 1/60 yf-19 was the first 1/60 yf-19 from yamato. From henceforth I hope people just call any future 1/60 yf-19 after the first 1/60 yf-19 a version 2 so we don't get confused. the old 1/72 shouldn't be included within the 1/60 as one of the versions in that scale.

Look at me talking about a v3 as if it is officially supposed to be coming out. lol There is always the chance we are wrong and yamato decides never to do one (ie 1/60 mk2 monster)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Well, Yamato would always have to make something Macross so they'll surely make a new 19. And I hope that when that happens, the Battroid would be the same height as the Fire Valkyrie. I find it weird that they're of different heights considering they're both in 1/60 scale.

Well, Yamato would always have to make something Macross so they'll surely make a new 19. And I hope that when that happens, the Battroid would be the same height as the Fire Valkyrie. I find it weird that they're of different heights considering they're both in 1/60 scale.

And suddenly becomes shorter than the YF-21? <_<

i guess the main reason why I (and probably others too) keep my YF-21 in fighter mode is that I just can't stand how skinny the legs and small the feet are when displayed next to another 1/60 VF, like the YF-19. Displayed on its own or beside another 21 or VF-22S, its tolerable... and in GERWALK it looks okay. Plus i loath transforming the the damn thing and getting those legs to line up properly in fighter mode... which is why I have the GN-U YF-21. ;)

if there ever will be a v.3 YF-19, i would definitely buy one... the v.2's gullet does bother me a little. I'll be keeping the v.3 in fighter mode beside the YF-21, since it will most probably look best in that mode sans the gaps that the v.2 has. I'll keep the old one in battroid mode since I actually like how tall it is.

Edited by m0n5t3r

OK I actually bought a Gullet neck 19. I plan on displaying it kinda accelerating upwards and away from me in the cabinet so i don't have to see the neck. I think it will do just fine until ver. 3 rears its ugly head.

Hmmmm whats next...... SV-51, VF-11C, or whatever Vf-19's coming out next......

I guess I wouldn't be minding much if a v.3 YF-19 would be shorter than the 21 in Battroid since I'm much more of a Fighter mode fan.

Why should the 19 have the same size as the Fire Valkyrie in battroid mode? 2 Different models from two different series. Doesn't make sense to me to make it shorter than the 21.

Why should the 19 have the same size as the Fire Valkyrie in battroid mode? 2 Different models from two different series. Doesn't make sense to me to make it shorter than the 21.

Well, because I find it more reasonable to have the YF-19 and VF-19 having the same height (even thought smaller than the YF-21) as opposed to having a VF-19 having a different height from the YF-19 and YF-21.

Even if it's two different models from two different shows, the YF-19 is where the VF-19 came from and should at least be almost identical in size.

This isn't really a big fish to fry for me so I wouldn't bother much. Now, if Yamato would make a YF-19 v.3 that's bigger than the VF-19, that's where I'd probably get headaches.