The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

http://conceptships....er-tragedy.html

it even (near miss) hits closer to Macru-os Otaku than you would imagine...

'The batard' as i will call the alleged shooter was smiling in his line-up (just like Senator Gifford's TKer last year).

anyway, like the Concept guy asks, go do some good today for someone (you love)...

Edited by TehPW

The gunman isn't the problem.

The problem is whatever in his surroundings and upbringing that twisted him.

Unfortunately our present form of justice is so stupid these days, that they'll put him in prison, but never investigate and solve whatever turned him.

And it will happen again next week.

Unfortunately our present form of justice is so stupid these days, that they'll put him in prison, but never investigate and solve whatever turned him.

Hmmm...I don't think that's how it works here. They will put him in prison sure, but all kinds of things will be blamed and most likely end up changing because of it. The movies he watched, the games he played, comics he read, whatever. It will all be looked at as the cause and people will demand change to "save" the rest of us from the same fate.

My condolences to all who perished in this senseless act of lunacy.

Unfortunately, it's only a matter of time (I give it until Monday) before the political operatives will find some sick and twisted way to turn this tragic incident into talking points for why I should vote for X or Y.

No, the gunman is the only person to truly blame. I don't cafe who raised him, turned him down for the prom, or showed him Terminator 2. Individuals who make profoundly stupid errors in judgment are still ultimately responsible for their actions.

Even if everyone in that theater had personally told him they fhought he was a piece of sh!t, then stole his favorite mittens while laughing in his face, it doesn't validate thos actions.

The gunman isn't the problem. The problem is whatever in his surroundings and upbringing that twisted him. Unfortunately our present form of justice is so stupid these days, that they'll put him in prison, but never investigate and solve whatever turned him. And it will happen again next week.

If only they would actually look beyond the symptoms and work on the causes like you say. But, of course, that would mean having the courage to actually look and rethink a lot of the pillars of the modern world instead of the usual both wing political dead horses we will get.

I would really like to know how much of a nose dive have social skills taken in our present faceless and shallow internet age. They make you memorize a bunch of dates and “facts” in school but heaven forbid we actually teach kids how to communicate and solve conflicts in positive and cooperative ways. Always with the “competing” and the “other guy is the enemy” mentality. Add to that parenting is left like a nuisance instead of a very big responsibility.

How was this nut treated as a baby/kid by his parents? What type of values did they instil in him? Were any of them positive? Did those values actually corresponded with the real way he was brought up? Was there a social net to actually help the parents do their work and to promote and safeguard his upbringing? Did the school system detect anything? Could they? Would they?

Oh, he was shy… why the hell was that? Was he afraid to speak in his own home? Did he speak to his parents? In school? Where did he speak? On his little keyboard to faceless strangers? Why wasn’t he taught how to express himself in other ways? Why wasn’t he taught that bottleling emotions up is the worst thing you can do?

Good thing they at least caught this nut alive.

I’m really pissed and really sad for those poor, poor people that just wanted to disconnect with a flawed real world and enjoy a few hours of quality fun :(

No, the gunman is the only person to truly blame. I don't cafe who raised him, turned him down for the prom, or showed him Terminator 2. Individuals who make profoundly stupid errors in judgment are still ultimately responsible for their actions.

Even if everyone in that theater had personally told him they fhought he was a piece of sh!t, then stole his favorite mittens while laughing in his face, it doesn't validate thos actions.

Of course he is responsible for his actions and deserves the full force of the justice hammer. But he is at the same time a product of something. A whole bunch of uncomfortable causes that society as a whole would need to address instead of skipping over. Only way to prevent more scum$hit like this guy popping up in another 24 years or less is learning and going straight for the causes.

My condolences to those affected.

I bet that they will find that the gunman was suffereing from mentally illness. Not to say that mentall illness makes people go out on shooting sprees, but I bet it's the root cause. I think there should be a greater awareness of mental illness, and more resources to treat and help affected families. I bet we will find that there was a breakdown in our system to help diagnosis and treat the gunman before something like this happened. But unfortunately sometimes no amount of intervention can prevent some people from doing really horrendous things.

Please, don't missunderstand me that I don't recognize the responsibility of the gunmen. However something clearly went wrong in his lifetime for not giving a damn about those people he killed.

That's the problem that needs more attention prevent future mass shooting of incidents.

And please spare the BS that we all go hard times, and if we survived so should have he. At the end we're all diffirent, and no one on this planet will ever know what another feels or is ticking in the their mind.

So something clearly F***ed-up from the education programming, right into adulthood that spawns such incidents. And our beloved society thinks the solution is prison and execution, but it's solving the circumstances that repeat such incidents.

Also your comment might come across as basing itself on the possibilities on "Media suspects". Let's take religious people for example. Most of them are like that because of the upbringing from their parents and the whole Sunday whatever repeated ritual. Sits there forever or until the other side of the brain clicks onto something. What is to say that this guy wasn't brought up in a enviroment where respect for other people was rather pathetically minimal? Or perhaps developed at a later stage when something else had a more emotional impact, that fried something upstairs, maybe mixed with drugs, cults, and etc. Bottom line, he's the weapon that pulled the trigger, but the reality is our F***ed-up society where sport stars get 100 of millions a year to kick a ball, while a surgern is lucky with 80K a year, is what made that weapon.

Worse thing people can do in this situation, is compare their own conflicts and achievements with this man, which is all BS to do that as we become more diffirent every second.

@Omegablu

Right...For all we know the guy could have grown up in a picture perfect home. BUt had a chemical imblance or something. he's still at fault. he came up with the plan, secured the equipment  and went though with the plan. Besides you can't prevent every problem that could ever occur.

Anyway Back on topic .

Who's actually seen it besides taksraven? Any outstanding moments?

Edited by BeyondTheGrave

Omega,

That part of our societies problem. We are often too focused on 'Justice' for the dead, that we never truely seek to determine why people just out of the blue commit these actions. The gunman will either be executed or thrown in prison for the rest of his life, without thought as to what might've triggered this in him.

But I'm not trying to make excuses for this guy. We should all be held responsible for our actions and how they might affect others.

@Omegablue<br><br>Right...<br>For all we know the guy could have grown up in a picture perfect home. BUt had a chemical imblance or something. he's still at fault. he came up with the plan, secured the equipment  and went though with the plan. Besides you can't prevent every problem that could ever occur.

Anyway Back on topic .

Dfinately worth seeing on opening weekend. I want to see it again. Nolan definately knows how to close out a trilogy. The other two films were heavily influenced by the story of Sodom and Gamorrah and as I was watching this one, I kept thinking of the French revolution.

Edited by Golden Arms

Anyway Back on topic .

Caught a matinee earlier today, thought it was an awesome movie and an outstanding way to end the trilogy. Will need to see it again to take in all of the details as I'm sure I missed some.

I truly enjoyed the way that all three were tied together. Just outstanding movie making, my hats off (again) to Nolan and crew.

*with a nod to the future of this particular Bat-verse; "Why not use your whole name"?

-b.

Caught a matinee earlier today, thought it was an awesome movie and an outstanding way to end the trilogy. Will need to see it again to take in all of the details as I'm sure I missed some.

I truly enjoyed the way that all three were tied together. Just outstanding movie making, my hats off (again) to Nolan and crew.

Did you not think it's odd how Bruce is suddenly across the world in some priseon, and then it's not shown how he returned to Gotham, bypassed Bane's army, while all the time the cops were stuck in the sewer for months?

A few other thoughts, spoiler tag;

I really wish that this wasn't the end of Nolan's Batman run, the casting, acting and story telling really make you want to see more.

1-Anne Hathaway as Catwoman was simply brilliant, exactly as I picture the character would be in "real life".

2-Marion Cotillard as Talia Ah Ghul was also brilliant. I really would have loved to see more of her in character as Talia vs. Miranda.

3-Bruce taking Blake under his wing and giving birth to Robin or Nightwing.

4-Tom Hardy as Bane. Enough said.

5-Them having to bring Bruce back from the dead again, and having to re-resurrect Wayne Enterprises from apparent financial turmoil.

6-More Bat-vehicles and gadgets. The Bat-Pod and "Bat" were great supporting characters in and of themselves.

I'm sure more will come to mind, but those are the first few things that come to mind that make me want MORE.

-b.

Did you not think it's odd how Bruce is suddenly across the world in some priseon, and then it's not shown how he returned to Gotham, bypassed Bane's army, while all the time the cops were stuck in the sewer for months?

Yeah -

I was able to suspend my disbelief on those plot points because it's feasible that Bruce knew how to get in an out of Gotham a myriad of different ways. Kind of how he set up safe spots for the Bat-Pod, Bat and even the spare Batcave.

Regarding how he got from mystery location prison back to Gotham, he'd been traveling for what 5,6 or 7 years before he originally hooked up with the League of Shadows in Begins so it's also within the realm of reason that he'd know how to get from A to B in, to or from various countries around the globe. If nothing else being resourceful enough to be able to secure passage back to the States.

They also spoke to the long passage of time for the police officers being trapped when they explained how Blake and crew had been sending food, water and supplies to those trapped.

-b.

So, I've still yet to see The Dark Knight, do I actually need to have seen that in order to go see this one? I was thinking maybe I'll go check it out in a week or two once some of the hype has died down.

If the previous film is required viewing then I'll just skip it and wait for something else to hit theaters.

Just really wish it had that extra 10 minutes just to tie in those little events.

Agreed.

So, I've still yet to see The Dark Knight, do I actually need to have seen that in order to go see this one? I was thinking maybe I'll go check it out in a week or two once some of the hype has died down.

If the previous film is required viewing then I'll just skip it and wait for something else to hit theaters.

You don't have to, but your enjoyment, or lack thereof could be greatly impacted if you don't. Besides, The Dark Knight was f'ing epic too and really, if you're going to take part in the end of a trilogy, you kind of have to see the middle installment.

-b.

I'd say yes, to fully appreciate Dark Knight Rises, definitely go see Dark Knight first. In fact, go see Batman Begins if you haven't, to fully appreciate the movie because it makes references to all two prequels.

I was a little disappointed in either the sound mix, or the IMAX sound system here in Sydney which is labelled as the 'biggest IMAX in the world'. I got crisper sound from the speaker system at home watching The Dark Knight; but of course, everything would've been remastered for the Blu-Ray/DVD. It just seemed as though a few juicy pieces lay in the dialogue which is muffled at times (re: Batman and Bale).

I might give it another go in a regular cinema and see how that ends up - if anything, just to experience the film again. It raised some goosebumps in me, that's for sure. :D

"Speaking on behalf of the cast and crew of The Dark Knight Rises, I would like to express our profound sorrow at the senseless tragedy that has befallen the entire Aurora community. I would not presume to know anything about the victims of the shooting but that they were there last night to watch a movie. I believe movies are one of the great American art forms and the shared experience of watching a story unfold on screen is an important and joyful pastime. The movie theatre is my home, and the idea that someone would violate that innocent and hopeful place in such an unbearably savage way is devastating to me. Nothing any of us can say could ever adequately express our feelings for the innocent victims of this appalling crime, but our thoughts are with them and their families."

-Christopher Nolan

My deepest condolences to those affected by the midnight shooting. I went to the 9 hour marathon of all three movies leading up to the midnight premiere, and I'm devestated just thinking about such an act.

Anyways, it was a GREAT movie! After watching the first two consecutively, I was really pumped up, and I could more easily see little innuendos to the previous movies more easily in the third. Thought the pacing of DKR was a little slow at first, but it really proves itself in the last 20 minutes or so. I don't know about the movie in its entirety, but that definetely was the best trilogy conclusion and standalone movie ending I've ever seen.

It does well to leave things a bit open for those who want to pick up on a 4th movie after Nolan....

Ya watch both movies right before DKR...it's a must!

There's one part I'm a little confused on. It seemed somewhere along the line, Gordon knew Bats was Bruce because he sent Blake over to Bruce's house and talked directly to Bruce about taking the fall for Harvey. Now at the end, it looked like Gordon just suddenly realized Bruce was Bats??

Edited by Negotiator

Ya watch both movies right before DKR...it's a must!

There's one part I'm a little confused on. It seemed somewhere along the line, Gordon knew Bats was Bruce because he sent Blake over to Bruce's house and talked directly to Bruce about taking the fall for Harvey. Now at the end, it looked like Gordon just suddenly realized Bruce was Bats??

No, Gordon was shot and was babbling about harvey dent but gordon didn't tell blake about bruce being batman... blake figured that out from having met bruce when he was a child

No, Gordon was shot and was babbling about harvey dent but gordon didn't tell blake about bruce being batman... blake figured that out from having met bruce when he was a child

right, I get Blake figured it out but maybe I didn't hear/understand what Gordon said to Blake in the first place, for him to go to Bruce's house. Who else did not make out what Bane was saying 20% of the time?

right, I get Blake figured it out but maybe I didn't hear/understand what Gordon said to Blake in the first place, for him to go to Bruce's house. Who else did not make out what Bane was saying 20% of the time?

gotcha, yeah, gordon doesn't tell blake to go to bruce. Blake says that gordon was babbling about harvey dent and since there was only gordon, batman and dent there when dent died and since blake already knew that bruce was batman, blake went to bruce to get him to come out of retirement on his own

gotcha, yeah, gordon doesn't tell blake to go to bruce. Blake says that gordon was babbling about harvey dent and since there was only gordon, batman and dent there when dent died and since blake already knew that bruce was batman, blake went to bruce to get him to come out of retirement on his own

AH I see! Thanks, that makes total sense.

Just got back from catching the IMAX show. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Anne Hathaway did an incredible job depicting Catwoman's mercurial nature.

I enjoyed Bane's performance but 2 things bothered me:

1) Do you think you can lay on the accent even more? I mean seriously who knew some prisoner can act like its Shakespeare in the Park. By his umpteenth monologue I felt it pulled me out of the movie. I like an intelligent Bane, but just lay off the friggin accent a bit.

2) Not sure if its the audio muxing or the theater I was in, but turn down the volume on Bane's voice already. Its like he has a megaphone crammed up in his mask or something. The sheer level of his voice and the over use of accent really made Bane sound like a voice over and nothing more.

Other than that, I like the concept of Bane, but he was just way overdone

Regarding Blake:

I know they're trying to appeal to a broad audience, but did his real full name have to be "Robin"? Had they used "Timothy Drake" I'm sure there would be enough people who knew the name or reference. Robin is basically spelling it out for idiots.

OK - Now I have to go to the Hot Toys thread and get my Batman, Catwoman and Bat pod pre orders in....

Edited by Valkyrie23

iMAX shows were sold out in my area so my girlfriend and I had to see the 35mm. There was a guy and gal as Batman and Catwoman handing out little flyers for a martial arts school. Didn't see any detective lessons being offered though....damn!

Good movie, but I had 2 issues, 1 I of which was well aware of possibly happening which is 1) Bane regardless of having to obviously go back and dub over later, was still hard to understand at times. But then 2) The music was so loud at times that it was hard to understand anyone with lines.