The Dark Knight Rises

Ladic

Same as blackconvoy (one matinee, one IMAX). Done until blu-ray, I think, though will look forward to watching Bane quite a few more times on that. Passing on Spiderman and most likely on Man of Steel.

Just saw it today for the first time. Really liked it. Had a 5-6 minute preview of Total Recall in front of it, looks like they covered all the plot points, so no need to see that one now.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that, it was a really great post. I don't know why the knives are so out for this film. I certainly didn't see the dramatic drop in quality that some people are claiming is there. It is different to the other two Bats films but they are all different in tone from each other and there is nothing wrong with that.

Pleasure.

Well the way I see it is that Begins was to establish the Gotham, and does feel that the city is a living character itself. The Dark Knight was the unbeatable villain, and considering the damange the Joker left behind, the clown did win at the end. And the third was Batman finally realizing his objective from the first film, and becoming that film. So they pretty much had to have a diffirent feel, even in lighting, to make each film appear unique.

In retrospect on the series, I'm as disappointed in this set as much as the previous in that they kept KILLING the villains.

Thought the Joker lived? And scarecrow as well? I actually prefered giving death to most of the other villains. Kept it realistic considering they didn't happen is some typical final show down, with the exception of Ras.

Pleasure.

Well the way I see it is that Begins was to establish the Gotham, and does feel that the city is a living character itself. The Dark Knight was the unbeatable villain, and considering the damange the Joker left behind, the clown did win at the end. And the third was Batman finally realizing his objective from the first film, and becoming that film. So they pretty much had to have a diffirent feel, even in lighting, to make each film appear unique.

Except he still failed at becoming batman.

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed something when watching batman begins for the umpteenth time when Bruce Wayne is getting his gun out of the suitcase when he opens the cylinder. Bruce only opens it enough to see the first two rounds, and carefully closes the cylinder so that those bullets are the ones at the breach.

Those bullets look like they have been fired already am i crazy, or was Bruce Wayne just going to scare Chill by dryfireing the gun in his face.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Finally! Gonna grab a copy of the DVD today.

Off topic: In case you wonder, I don't bother paying extra for a bluray since the higher definition hardly makes any difference on my mere 32-inch LCD. It's 1080p-capable, though, but you only see the difference in games like MGS4. Movies, not so much.

Had the Blu-ray in my hand when I went to lunch today. Then put it back. I probably won't last past Friday lol.

Edited by Uxi

Yeah you need a 42" or bigger to really get noticeable quality. When I had my 32 I said the same thing. Upgraded to a 42" and it was a big enough jump. Plus Blu Ray is cheap now.

Off topic: In case you wonder, I don't bother paying extra for a bluray since the higher definition hardly makes any difference on my mere 32-inch LCD. It's 1080p-capable, though, but you only see the difference in games like MGS4. Movies, not so much.

Umm, wrong. I can easily clearly tell DVD vs Blu-Ray on my 32in and the difference is worth every penny.

Well YMMV. I know on my 32" it was not so apparent. Once I got a 42" it is like night and day. Now with Blu Ray players under $100USD and the movies in the $10-20 USD range Blu Ray is now a no brainer.

I'm with Dave on this one. The difference between resolutions is VERY apparent even on my 26" Samsung Monitor. Just watch any YouTube video and switch between 480, 720 and 1080. The difference in resolution is like night and day. Perhaps upconverting is throwing people off, which may be true as I never watch anything upconverted if I don't have to.

Maybe I should get a bluray player one of these days. PS3 plays blurays just fine but I don't want to tax the machine more than I have to.

My only experience with a bluray disc was with that bonus disc from the MGS4 special edition, and the resolution didn't really wow me as much as I thought it would.