Do You Want a V2 1/60 YF-19?

Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

DO YOU WANT A V2 1/60 YF-19?  

106 members have voted

1. 1. DO YOU WANT A V2 1/60 YF-19?

• YES
    • NO

One thing that never fails to impress me about Yamato is that engineering-wise, they accelerate at an extremely fast rate. I got my reissue VF-0's last month and they feel so dated compared to the V2 1/60 VF-1 and VF-11. There are other comparisons we can make, but the point is, Yamato advances rather quick when it comes to design and ingenuity.

The jump from V1 1/60 VF-1 to V2 1/60 VF-1 was immense to say the least. 2012 is less than 2 years away, and the 30th anniversary of Macross. Macross Plus is arguably the most well received series(yeah I know it's an OVA+movie) of Macross, and arguably has the most critical acclaim of any Macross series. The 1/60 YF-19 design is dated especially compared to the YF-21 and VF-11.

We've seen what Yamato can do with a YF-19 inspired design, in the upcoming Fire Valkyrie. It's a move from the EVA-esque battroid modes of perfect variable YF/VF-19 toys prior. Gullet looks sleeker. Battroid is chunky as it should be. Yamato has done an impressive job on the VF-19 Kai...

So do you want to see a V2 1/60 YF-19?*

*This is taking into account that yes the only things that the YF-19 and later VF-19's(onscreen except for the VF-19A) share is a similar silhouette. At this point Yamato has 2 years to work on a new YF-19 for the 30th anniversary of Macross unless they have already started...which considering their earlier works, may be possible...*

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

yup!

The 19 is one of my favorite Valkyrie designs, and while the 1/60 is a decent enough toy design wise and executed much better with the later releases like the Double Nuts and Bird of Prey there is loads of room for improvement.

-b.

Since the 19 is one my favorite valkyrie designs I would more than welcome a revisit to the YF-19. Hopefully fast packs will be included this time and stick on better too. :) The current 1/60 YF-19 toy is decent, but it doesn't make the cut next to my favs the 21 and 11.

i'm pretty happy with my double nuts figure

also i don't think they're going to bother with any new version right when they're about to re-issue it

their 1/60 pantheon is pretty fixed at this point

Edited by VF5SS

Since we're just pissing into the wind...sure, I'd love to see one. But until they make one that doesn't look like ass in fighter mode I don't think they should waste their time or our money.

The Fire Valk is damn near a totally different design than the standard 19 so lauding the improvements we've seen based upon the WF prototype against prior iterations of the 19 isn't really saying much. You're basically comparing Jetfire from the TV series to the repackaged Bandai 1S that became the Jetfire toy.

The basic problem with a 19 that looks good in all modes (especially fighter for me :) ) is that we're dealing with anime magic and that may not be easily overcome despite Yamato's advancements in engineering.

And let's not forget that while they may be making leaps and bounds in "designing" a better toy, they're still sucking wind on "producing" a better toy. I wouldn't want a 19 that looked fantastic and shattered if I tried to transform it.

As much as I want a YF-19 that doesn't look like ass in fighter mode, I'm not sure I'd say I want one bad enough that Yamato should just ignore all the other designs they could do.

If they do choose to do it, and can pull it off well this time, sure, you'll get one of the biggest "FRAK YEAH!!" moments in history outta me... but there are other valks I'd rather see first, like a VF-17, or a VF-4.

Considering how long development on these takes, it'll likely be a while before we see another project of this magnitude. I forget which valk was directly before this one, but it's been a while I think since we've seen a brand new design.

Edited by Chronocidal

I personally have no love for Mac 7 designs, (only exception being the CF VF-11C), so if Yamato wants my money then designing a new YF-19 is the quickest way to get it.

That being said, I do hope they get around to designing everything for the Mac 7 fans out there. It would be pretty cool to see pictures on this board of Emerald Force, Jamming Birds, and especially a completed Sound Force some day soon.

It would be nice if one thing didn't have to get in the way of the other.

Yes! However, I do understand the want for something different too. They YF-19 still really hasn't been done justice and after seeing how nice the Kai is looking so far, it seems like they could finally make a nice YF-19. As it is though I'll be waiting for repaints of the Kai (E) due to my dislike for Basara's livery.

Chris

I'll second that. The double nuts/bird of prey are as good as a V2 YF-19 as we'll ever need. It's much improved and better looking in many ways. Plus there are enough 19's out now anyway, let's move on to some valks that haven't made a 1/60 appearance yet like the the VF-171EX Armored, where's that at Yamato???

If the Kai turns out nice I am all for a new YF-19. Don't think it will happen but maybe we will get a VF-19F/S though, who knows.

Edited by logos

also i don't think they're going to bother with any new version right when they're about to re-issue it

their 1/60 pantheon is pretty fixed at this point

My sentiments exactly....Double Nuts is good enough for me...19 was never my favorite Valk anyway.

My sentiments exactly....Double Nuts is good enough for me...19 was never my favorite Valk anyway.

It's good to hear so many are happy with the YF-19 Double Nuts. I really, really dig that paint scheme. Kinda reminds me of my favorite VF-1, the 1A TV Max. I just may pick this beauty up.

i'm pretty happy with my double nuts figurealso i don't think they're going to bother with any new version right when they're about to re-issue ittheir 1/60 pantheon is pretty fixed at this point

The upcoming reissue will feel dated by 2012, assuming that that's the earliest release date for a potential V2 1/60 YF-19. The original 1/60 design was already started years before its eventual release in 2006.

.And let's not forget that while they may be making leaps and bounds in "designing" a better toy, they're still sucking wind on "producing" a better toy. I wouldn't want a 19 that looked fantastic and shattered if I tried to transform it.

Good point

As much as I want a YF-19 that doesn't look like ass in fighter mode, I'm not sure I'd say I want one bad enough that Yamato should just ignore all the other designs they could do.If they do choose to do it, and can pull it off well this time, sure, you'll get one of the biggest "FRAK YEAH!!" moments in history outta me... but there are other valks I'd rather see first, like a VF-17, or a VF-4.Considering how long development on these takes, it'll likely be a while before we see another project of this magnitude. I forget which valk was directly before this one, but it's been a while I think since we've seen a brand new design.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a few new designs before then. The 17 is the only "main" VF left out of the 1/60 Macross 7 releases by Yamato(considering that the VF-19 is being made, VF-11C was already released, as well as the VF-22S'). I doubt Yamato is going to pass up the opportunity to make not only a unique valk, but one that was also shown on the show quite a lot, and was the main "super" fighter until Emerald Squadron came on the scene. Plus, it does not hurt that Gamlin flew it.

Yes! However, I do understand the want for something different too. They YF-19 still really hasn't been done justice and after seeing how nice the Kai is looking so far, it seems like they could finally make a nice YF-19. As it is though I'll be waiting for repaints of the Kai (E) due to my dislike for Basara's livery.Chris

I think a V2 1/60 YF-19 would be at least 2 years away. Between now and then, I wouldn't be surprised if Yamato will release new releases that they have been working on in secret.

I'll second that. The double nuts/bird of prey are as good as a V2 YF-19 as we'll ever need. It's much improved and better looking in many ways. Plus there are enough 19's out now anyway, let's move on to some valks that haven't made a 1/60 appearance yet like the the VF-171EX Armored, where's that at Yamato???

They can't make the VF-171EX or anything in Macross Frontier. Bandai holds the license. No one here knows when it will expire.

If the Kai turns out nice I am all for a new YF-19. Don't think it will happen but maybe we will get a VF-19F/S though, who knows.

F/S are definitely within the realm of possibility; Yamato isn't the type to pass up variants like those especially when they need to cash in on the molds to recoup the money invested in tooling them.

It's good to hear so many are happy with the YF-19 Double Nuts. I really, really dig that paint scheme. Kinda reminds me of my favorite VF-1, the 1A TV Max. I just may pick this beauty up.

Double Nuts looks slick, my favorite Yamato YF-19 so far. Reminds me of a YF-19 if Max got his hands on it.

I'm yet another happy owner of a YF-19 Double Nuts. Personally, I'll buy a V2 YF-19 if Yamato ever makes one, but I'm not exactly pining for one.

As for the upcoming reissued original color YF-19, I'm hoping it comes with all the improvements of the DN and BoP. Will have to wait for a review on that once those are released.

As long as the get they VF-19F/S/P out of the way before that and even more importantly make the VF-17D/S first.

Then sure, by all means release a V2 YF-19. I'd buy it, but it's not a top priority for me.

Another very happy Double Nuts owner here.

Graham

My main concern is the development cycle time.. I mean.. It's been a long time since Yamato gave us a new release. We've had the V2 VF-1 which came out in 2008... but everything else they've made in the past few years has been a rehash of something they made long ago.. YF-21 gave us the VF-22.. VF-11B was repainted to the VF-11C... It's been easy to miss due to the influx of Frontier merchandise and Bandai stuff, but Yamato hasn't built anything truly new for 2 years now.

Granted that gives us some good time for development, and stuff may be going on behind the scenes all the time.. but they're just now re-releasing the YF-19, which indicates to me they don't have another one even on the table yet. Can't be old stock, since they remanufactured the YF-19 with lighter colors.

I should vote yes, because I really really do want a better YF-19.. but not right now. There are other things I'd rather see first.

Besides.. the more time they spend doing other stuff, the better they'll get at engineering Valks, and the better the YF-19 V2 will be when it eventually becomes a reality. biggrin.gif

Besides.. we know they're going to milk this VF-19 for at least a few planes (I'm hoping for a lot)

In the meantime, they can be working on a VF-0D. happy.gif

And honestly... since they've begun making Sound Force, the natural progression would be to make the VF-11MAXL, followed by a VF-17, and possibly the Jamming Birds.

Jamming birds are a no-brainer.. just slap a new cockpit assembly on the existing VF-11 and you have it, since the cockpit isn't even involved in the transformation. You just need new booster packs.

Ray and Veffidas' VF-17 is a unique one.. but I can't imagine them making the two seater without making Gamlin's D-model, and maybe a Millia custom red one.

The MAXL might be a tricky one.. but I know more than a few people who want one, even if it has the speaker boobs. Plus, I can think of a few easy methods of making those completely hidden in fighter, so it's easy to imagine them being retractable.

Anyway... yeah.. a bit off subject, but my point is there's a long line up ahead of a new YF-19.

Edited by Chronocidal

Jamming birds are a no-brainer.. just slap a new cockpit assembly on the existing VF-11 and you have it, since the cockpit isn't even involved in the transformation. You just need new booster packs.

Not just as simple as that. IIRC, the 2 seater cockpt is longer, which would mean a whole new nose-section sculpt as well. Not to mention the new Super Packs and new head. Still though it is do-able.

Ray and Veffidas' VF-17 is a unique one.. but I can't imagine them making the two seater without making Gamlin's D-model, and maybe a Millia custom red one.

Trust me, we will likely see the VF-17D and VF-17S long before we ever see a VF-17T Kai.

Graham