No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

Nice backdrop with your pic. !! :)

I,ve done that wheelie pose with flightpose stands, it took 2 different sets with various length rods to do it, I also did a mid transformation wheelie pose( I think it,s page 4 to give you an idea)

As far as the seat not "snapping" in (do you mean armor mode?..if so) that area,s a little tight on both my stick & ley versions, just gently wiggle it with downward pressure and it,ll slide towards the fuel tank.

Edited by troyness

Nice backdrop with your pic. !! :)

I,ve done that wheelie pose with flightpose stands, it took 2 different sets with various length rods to do it, I also did a mid transformation wheelie pose( I think it,s page 4 to give you an idea)

i was hoping somebody had done it with the included display stand. i'll just have to try it myself this weekend.

As far as the seat not "snapping" in (do you mean armor mode?..if so) that area,s a little tight on both my stick & ley versions, just gently wiggle it with downward pressure and it,ll slide towards the fuel tank.

yep, armor mode. i can actually push the back part of the seat in all the way, it just doesn't want to lock in place as shown in the instruction manual. it's not really a big deal since it's hardly noticeable.

needless to say, i am loving these and it's amazing when you fully appreciate the ingenuity of the perfect transformation design. I hope somebody will mass produce the Rook/Houquet version.

yep, armor mode. i can actually push the back part of the seat in all the way, it just doesn't want to lock in place as shown in the instruction manual. it's not really a big deal since it's hardly noticeable.
If I'm remembering right, although the seat can be pushed all the way in, it's not supposed to go that far. The back part sliding in seems to compensate for the difference by covering part of the seat. You should be able to feel it loosely lock in place. Again, it's been awhile since I handled mine, so I could be off.

So I just got the CM Legioss & Tread. Holy f*ckballs is that Legioss a steaming pile of crap. I can't believe how much crap the weaboo purists gave the MPC Alpha considering what an ugly piece of sh*t the CM Legioss is. Talk about double standards. At least the Alpha looks pretty.

Hahaha, it's like asking if you'd rather be kicked in the groin by a 5 year old, or punched in the groin by a 10 year old. either way, I don't think either outcome is great. I will say though, that CMs Drone fighter is awesome. I think that's the best out of all of em. Hmmm, I bet if you put the Gakken in there, that'd be the winner.

I've seen the CMs drone come way down in price but I'm still not buying.

That fighter mode looks sooo bad - how did they ever let that go out the freaking door?

And the Beta yellow things that stick way up in the air in fighter mode - and well, many other things I've seen in reviews...

Interesting:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Garfish-Class-Robotech-Light-Cruiser-Wood-Model-Large-/390336892289?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5ae1e44d81#ht_3473wt_754

From the same folks as this I imagine - must big some big Robotech fan there with his own little wood-working shop:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Macross-Gnerl-Fictional-Spacecraft-Wood-Model-Replica-/330427664433?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4cef060831#ht_2084wt_1098

I just realized that I didn't even list my main gripe about the CM Legioss. It's fighter mode is a floppy mess with absolutely no locking mechanisms anywhere. All the wings flop about with the slightest touch. The nose & cockpit won't sit flush with the rest of the jet. The arms & legs are completely free-floating. I should have expected this after the CM Mospeada -- although at least that toy felt like a failed effort instead of a total lack of trying.

But yeah, I knew going into this that the CM Legioss looked funny. I just remember all the reviews saying it was a quality toy despite its goofy appearance. What a load of sh*t those reviews were. It's sloppy, floppy, gappy mess.

CMs - huh, they're just plain wacked.

I have the Mospeada riding figs and I'm very happy with those, especially since they have NO moving parts. Maybe they should stick with that kind of toy.

The Galient figure I have from them the sculpt and accessories are fairly outstanding - but it crumbles at the slightest touch...

post-8486-0-55257000-1312556570_thumb.jpg

post-8486-0-99020400-1312556576_thumb.jpg

The nose & cockpit won't sit flush with the rest of the jet.

Did you locked the forward fuselage section like it's shown in the instructions? There's a "certain way" to fold the metal hinge in order to lock the nose & cockpit down and be able to use the pegs from the lerx (after this you can actually hold the plane upside down by the nose and it doesn't disconnect). You are right about the legs and arms which are as you said, completely free-floating.

I won't try to convince you about CM's design cause it's love it or hate it. In my case, I absolutely love CM's Legioss and find Toynami's interpretation awful. I guess we all have different tastes and standards ;)

I don't like the shape of the feet and legs of the toynami legioss (too thick and fat) and the shape of the cockpit and it's curved base of the frame are completely wrong. I do agree that CM's took a lot of liberties in the lineart department in fighter form.

It's a pity that you didn't receive a toy according to your expectations and perceived value.

Sorry for the poor cellphone pic (I'm at my office!), it's rock solid if it's locked right:

post-557-0-69103600-1312557371_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ignacio Ocamica

If done right, the CMs hold decently in fighter. The legs are free floating, which isn't that great, but it's a good toy. I don't think it's worth the bang for the buck, but if you can find the drone for a good price, or even the dark Legioss, I think those are worth it. Ahhh, if only Yamato got into making these w/ a tread in 1/60 scale, I'd sell off all the Toynami ones to purchase those.

If done right, the CMs hold decently in fighter. The legs are free floating, which isn't that great, but it's a good toy. I don't think it's worth the bang for the buck, but if you can find the drone for a good price, or even the dark Legioss, I think those are worth it. Ahhh, if only Yamato got into making these w/ a tread in 1/60 scale, I'd sell off all the Toynami ones to purchase those.

I have four drones and I'm contemplating to buy a fifth in ebay that is going for $50 :lol:

I just transformed Rand's ride back to bike mode. I can't decide which is harder, transforming to armor mode or back to bike mode... but definitely satisfying once you lock in everything together. ^_^

post-8437-0-21461000-1313213625_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-48914600-1313217357_thumb.jpg

I have a problem getting the beam canon to "lock" into place in bike mode on Rands and I'm stumped...it kind of barely sits there and looks right, but I know when I got it it was actually secure....any help????? :wacko:

I just transformed Rand's ride back to bike mode. I can't decide which is harder, transforming to armor mode or back to bike mode... but definitely satisfying once you lock in everything together. ^_^

post-8437-0-21461000-1313213625_thumb.jpg

post-8437-0-48914600-1313217357_thumb.jpg

I :wub: Rand's bike. My all-time favourite, if only it could have one of those forearm launchers from Scott's type...

i managed to do a wheelie pose using whatever's included with the base stand. i'll be displaying it like this for a while. :)

Awesome poses. He looks like he's digging hard into riding that bike. Congrats on a great pose.

I have a problem getting the beam canon to "lock" into place in bike mode on Rands and I'm stumped...it kind of barely sits there and looks right, but I know when I got it it was actually secure....any help????? :wacko:

i also couldn't lock it in at first, but i tried again and it does lock in securely... just push it back in firmly and there's a click to know that its locked in. hope that helps.

• 1 month later...

I think it was discussed earlier that 1/72 would be super tiny for a legioss. That would be the equivalent in measurements to a 1/100 valk. It's a shame because they added new detail put in by Aramaki himself. Lol. I almost typed Kawamori. I'm interested in it though. It might be our best representation of a legioss yet.

Maybe they're giving themselves a little wiggle room in that they can do a Beta in Soldier and it won't be too big.

Still - would rather them do something in the 1/48th / 155th range for many obvious reasons.

A Inbit Scout or Trooper in 1/72 is micro - but 1/48th wouldn't be too bad and a definite buy...

Really need some sort of hybrid between the Toynami and the CM's. I like how sturdy the CM's are, but like color, detail, and proportions of the Toynami better.

Speaking of which, did the Shadow Beta ever come out?

Is Wave planning a Tread?

Nope, the Shadow Beta never came out and I'm pretty sure it never will since the previous Betas sold poorly.

Sadly, that's the one Beta that I was really hoping for since the Shadow Alpha is the only Alpha that I didn't sell off due to it's robustness.

Gah, that does suck. I have an Shade and a Greem Alpha. I also have the Green Beta. The arched back is the only thing I don't like about the Alpha, so I'll sometimes leave the front unlatched just to pretend. The Beta is pretty much perfect (and would be absolutely perfect if it had the shoulder missiles from the CM. I have the blue CMS set which looks nice except it's linkup sucks and the Beta is far smaller.

Edited by Uxi