No Beagle Blow Superior... that blows superior...

EXO

What was the name of those kits?(their on back order with hlj.com) ,1 was a stick/ley option.

The other was blow superior ,both were transformable.

Thanx. ^_^

Pulled out my Shadow Alpha... I was immediately amazed at how hefty it is... how much better I like the legs... how much more I hate everything else compared to the CMs. My Dark Legioss holds together fine as long as the synchro-cannon is there. The Stig holds together ok with the center missile thing, but the legs are much much looser. The Toynami Beta pwns the CMs Tread except for the shoulder missiles and the cockpit/chest.

Pulled out my Shadow Alpha... I was immediately amazed at how hefty it is... how much better I like the legs... how much more I hate everything else compared to the CMs. My Dark Legioss holds together fine as long as the synchro-cannon is there. The Stig holds together ok with the center missile thing, but the legs are much much looser. The Toynami Beta pwns the CMs Tread except for the shoulder missiles and the cockpit/chest.

If only they would make a "hybrid" beta of the two...Toynami everything, add shoulder missiles, and make the cockpit like the CMs, and include that crazy big gun, THEN we would have a bad-a** Beta! not that I'm complaining mind you, I NEVER thought we would see any kind of Beta actually..... B))

If only they would make a "hybrid" beta of the two...Toynami everything, add shoulder missiles, and make the cockpit like the CMs, and include that crazy big gun, THEN we would have a bad-a** Beta! not that I'm complaining mind you, I NEVER thought we would see any kind of Beta actually..... B))

The Beta I can deal with but I'm clinging onto hope that some company eventually does the Legioss justice with a great modernized toy. Both the CM's Legioss and Toynami Alpha MPC are disappointing to me.

The Beta I can deal with but I'm clinging onto hope that some company eventually does the Legioss justice with a great modernized toy. Both the CM's Legioss and Toynami Alpha MPC are disappointing to me.

With Beagle not continuing, it appears this is about all we're gonna get. I don't know any other company that would put out another version. It is unfortunate, too. I like the scale of the Toynami/Aoshima, just can't stand the quality. The CMs Beta is awesome, just can't stand the off-scale issue.

I've been looking into trying to get some of the CDs and the Love, Live, Alive footage. Did that ever come out on DVD, or LD, or anything like that?

But the LLA DVD would be Region 2 correct? Is there a Love Live Alive DVD that is US?

Yeah, it would be Region 2. There no US release, unless you stumble upon a Hong Kong bootreg or something.

There's also a low-quality version drifting around on the internet.

About Mospeada -- Beagle, CMs, Megahouse, Toynami and the rest;

b r a c e y o u r s e l v e s (please l, know I consider us lucky to get ANY Mospeada items 30 years after the fact, but still...)

Have both Beagles and was certainly in for the other 2 - still hope Toynami picks up the CAD or whatever and finishes those (yeah - prob when I get bit by a shark and struck by lightning in the same day).

Have all Toynami TV Alphas and Betas and would pre-order the TV shadow Beta if it happens. No STUPID PUrPle Alphas or SC stuff - EVER for me, so I hope they bail on anything else for that.

----------

OK - Have a limited amount of funds left, and as much as I want a Yellow or Fuke I have not pulled the trigger on a CMs or Megahouse yet. Why you ask?? (crickets chirping)

-----------

CMs Mospeada COLORS and sculpts are borderline awful, and the Megahouse shoulders are a deal breaker for me, unless they come down into the $25 range -- then only maybe.

Tempted too for a blue CMs Legioss set with improved parts, but TOO MANY things are still bugging me! Tail fins too long, nose cone too long, no one thinks they hold together and then the Beta is half the size it should be. Hate the Beta cockpit too. Why is it dark on top?? And its like $175 bucks - that's a lot if I'm going to be bugged that much. And I won't even acknowledge the link up. There is none. Maybe some day I'll get this - just waiting and watching. $90 sounds more like what that set is worth. Agree??

(FIRST thing I'd do if I was at CMs when I saw the nose cone sculpt hanging down to the calves in the back is say "hey, can we shorten the nose a bit on this thing?" I mean - &%$@!)

BUT I DID get the CMs riding figures, BRILLIANT idea on their part because now I want their ride-armors just for the bikes. Gosh knows I would never display the armored figures - whoever did the ankle armor was high as a kite (same guy that made the legioss tail fins too long I reckon) - what in the world were they thinking?

Oh - and did I mention I bought a CMs Galient figure? Sculpt 9 out of 10, extras included 10 out of 10, execution a .5 out of ten. Materials and joints are a friggin; 'stand up, look around the room for anyone to tell that CMs is playing a cruel joke on whoever bought this piece of crap'!

What is with this company CMs? Not sure they deserve another dime from me. They DO some things well, that can be said, but other things are like a high school shop team. But I'm a huge Mospeada fan so I'm still tortured by what to get and not to get - fair?

AND NOW the Yamato 1/12 Votoms bug has struck me. Seems like a great time to get the latest releases and avoid all the early mistake ridden stuff. THAT will probably drain the rest of my reserves and the Mospeada will have to wait for now.

Waiting for later releases SOOO worked for me with Yamato valks; Skipped version 1s, no 1/48ths - just waited and got the 1/60 V2s. Can anyone else related to this?

So now I think CMs Legioss is liken to Yamatos valk version 1s. I'm not sure I can do it. Seems like I'll regret it.

So MAYBE the CMs cycles, but no more Mospeada stuff for me . . .

(unless of course toynami comes out with the vinyl gosus line! - "just when you think you're out, they PULL YOU BACK IN")

post-8486-1270232075_thumb.jpg

Still no baddies? All this awesome skill on these boards, and still no custom inbit mechs.....those old crappy matchbox toys have some potential in the hands of a pro....some new paint, ball joints, and you have the makings of some really awesome baddies, but I guess nobody's gotten around to doing it....too bad.

So now I think CMs Legioss is liken to Yamatos valk version 1s. I'm not sure I can do it. Seems like I'll regret it.

So MAYBE the CMs cycles, but no more Mospeada stuff for me . . .

From what you've said in your post, I think it would be best if you avoided CM's Legioss/Tlead and Ride Armors entirely. You already know you don't like how the Legioss and Tlead set looks, so that really isn't going to change if you get them in your hands. As for the Ride Armors, I'm guessing you would hate how small and fiddly they are.

Personally, and I know I make new enemies every time I mention this, I like CM's Mospeada stuff the best.

Starting with their Legioss & Tlead, I like the different direction they went with the design, long nose and all. It's an unfortunate element for those who wanted something more traditional, but to me it strikes a perfect balance between "looking like a Legioss" and "artistic license". Aside from the design, I love the bright colors. They remind me of the cartoon and they look really snazzy in my display. I also like that they feel like toys, durable enough to be played with. It would be nice if the Legioss had some pegs on it, but the joints are tight enough on mine (even still after a few years) to hold everything in place unless I give it a hard shake, which isn't something I typically do. It's a problem, one that could have been avoided, but it doesn't bother me. The connection to the Beta is easily the biggest negative of the set. Maybe CM's thought people wouldn't be so hardcore about the connection, I don't know, but it's obvious that they could have made it better - especially since they improved it later with the addon. It's not something that bothers me much (I enjoy the two more individually than I do joined), but I won't deny that it's a problem.

The Ride Armor I prefer over all of the others (yes, even the Beagle) because of the sculpt. Between the proportions, color and details it's the only one that just does it for me. Beyond that I prefer the 1/18 scale and I even like the intricate and fiddly transformation. I'd never argue that it's the "best" ride armor toy, but it's my favorite. Only problem I've had with mine is the windshield breaking off, which was fixed with a dab of glue.

So yeah, stay away from the CM's Mospeada toys. Odds are you wont like them. I love them, and I like to chime in from time to time to remind people that the CM's toys are not universally loathed by Everyone in the Universe, but I'll never again tell anyone to buy them. :)

Edited by eriku

I wonder if the 1/12 IMAI ride armor kit,s saddle bags would work with a Beagle 1/10?

Anyone know if there would be much of a size difference?

I'd like to see the connection to the Alpha redone, as well. Permanently attached (retracting for Beta/Tread solo, Telescoping to connect to the Alpha/Legioss) with integrated folding landing gear.

I'd like to see the connection to the Alpha redone, as well. Permanently attached (retracting for Beta/Tread solo, Telescoping to connect to the Alpha/Legioss) with integrated folding landing gear.

I don't think there'd be enough room to make a connecting boom long enough to be permanently attached. I guess they could make the boom telescope (kinda like a toy lightsaber), but I shudder to think whether that boom would be strong enough to hold up an Alpha.

Also, a telescoping boom like that wouldn't look as clean as what we currently have.

Still no baddies? All this awesome skill on these boards, and still no custom inbit mechs.....those old crappy matchbox toys have some potential in the hands of a pro....some new paint, ball joints, and you have the makings of some really awesome baddies, but I guess nobody's gotten around to doing it....too bad.

I have 3 custom made space scouts that are very fun to pose with the Legioss. The guy who did them is supposed to be working on the big blue pincer model. I'm hoping the Toynami vinyl line will all make us very happen at a good price in this enemy niche one day.

As for CMs ride-armors I will likely still spring for a few of them just for the cycles (for my figure set), they'll never see armor mode so I won't have to worry about the 'fiddley-ness'.

post-8486-1270495084_thumb.jpg

I have the three black and white CMs (Stick, Ray, and Shinobu) and the all-black Megahouse Yellow. Frankly, while the CMs are great because of how much stuff is out there for them, the collectability, and the fact that they're in scale with all of my Yamato Bubblegum Crisis and Megazone 23 figures, they're just not fun. Purely display pieces. The Megahouse is actually kind of fun... but somehow, one is enough for me.

I don't think there'd be enough room to make a connecting boom long enough to be permanently attached. I guess they could make the boom telescope (kinda like a toy lightsaber), but I shudder to think whether that boom would be strong enough to hold up an Alpha.

Telecoping is what I thought originally, but would probably need the crotch piece to be elongated a bit. Particuarly if the cap/cradle is integrated and permanent, that could give another cm or two, as well. I'm thinking hinged/folding or even scissors would be stronger. A single die-cast folder could still look clean and be strong enough.

Also, a telescoping boom like that wouldn't look as clean as what we currently have.

The bar should be barely visible as it is, so I can live with that.

IIRC, John Moscato once wrote that building a 1/55 or 1/48 transformable Beta that included a permanent and telescoping boom that could support the weight of an Alpha was practically impossible. Even if one could find a clever way to stow away the Beta's boom when not in use, the biggest problem would be making the telescoping boom sturdy enough not to bend or break once the Alpha's been attached.

I'm no toy sculptor, but given John's track record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

IIRC, John Moscato once wrote that building a 1/55 or 1/48 transformable Beta that included a permanent and telescoping boom that could support the weight of an Alpha was practically impossible. Even if one could find a clever way to stow away the Beta's boom when not in use, the biggest problem would be making the telescoping boom sturdy enough not to bend or break once the Alpha's been attached.

I'm no toy sculptor, but given John's track record, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree. Give us a BETTER ENGINEERED/LIGHTER weight Alpha, and I'm totally fine with the bar being a swap out piece on the Beta, however, one thing they could improve on is to make something where the Alpha/Beta could "land" on the gear when combined. (without the need of a stand) Not sure if there is any lineart to support this or not...but I would like to see it be a possibility.

Here is what I've been up to today. I made the parts from scratch (wasn't too hard really given my previous experience). It's the way Toynami should have done this to begin with. The chest piece simply slides on and the pressure on the sides holds it in place. The missile racks just sit on top. Nothing too fancy at all. Anyone interested this "fix"? (Oh, and I know the paint is off on the missiles. I did that paint job about 20 minutes ago and I'm tired as heck, so it doesn't look too good...I might fix it later on. And I think I might add another piece of plastic to the chest piece so that it's not transparent like that...lol

post-2213-1270705118_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1270705255_thumb.jpg

Edited by protostar8

Here is what I've been up to today. I made the parts from scratch (wasn't too hard really given my previous experience). It's the way Toynami should have done this to begin with. The chest piece simply slides on and the pressure on the sides holds it in place. The missile racks just sit on top. Nothing too fancy at all. Anyone interested this "fix"? (Oh, and I know the paint is off on the missiles. I did that paint job about 20 minutes ago and I'm tired as heck, so it doesn't look too good...I might fix it later on. And I think I might add another piece of plastic to the chest piece so that it's not transparent like that...lol

post-2213-1270705118_thumb.jpg

post-2213-1270705255_thumb.jpg

Thats pretty damn cool protostar8!! Nice job!! B))

Since LLA was the subject of conversation a little while ago: I have an excellent-quality 1980s Japanese original VHS that I've transferred to DVD. Clean S-video stereo transfer, straight-play with no menu elements and 3-minute increment chapter points...

I just received the MPC VR-052T Rand Cyclone. At $115 shipped, it was a hell of a deal!

Why is the Beagle version still pushing $250?? It can't possibly be just because of the Ley / Rand head sculpts. BTW, the Rand head looks way better in person. Any worries that he looks like Eric Stoltz circa Pulp Fiction :lol: were immediately alleviated upon opening the preview panel.

Edited by RD Blade

• 2 weeks later...
Looks like T-REX is gearing up for Summer Wonder Fest with an SD Inbit. What do you guy's think?

I like most of what T-REX do but that is an easy pass for me.

Now, if they were to create 1/10 Bartley and Blowsperior mod kits... B))