Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

I can understand it not being someone's favorite, but it's always perplexed me how many proud Gerwalk haters there are among Macross fans. Gerwalk is the most iconic mode that makes Macross unique among every other transforming robot series. And a plane with legs looks awesome!

Exactly. Every other show with transformations goes from vehicle to robot. The hybrid mode in Macross is what really differentiates it. I guess I'll have to get better at photography so I can post up some VF-11C pics in Gerwalk for the minority of us who like that.

Geez, you leave out some gerwalk mode pics and people start calling you gerwalk haters :p

Alright fine... here's a couple for you people wanting gerwalk.

And for the record, I'm not a gerwalk hater. I'm just gerwalk lazy ^_^

Hells yeah!

That's a thing of beauty, man.

Edited by Vic Mancini

Geez, you leave out some gerwalk mode pics and people start calling you gerwalk haters :p

post-10222-1267749662_thumb.jpgpost-10222-1267749668_thumb.jpg

And for the record, I'm not a gerwalk hater. I'm just gerwalk lazy ^_^

I apologize. Thanks for the great pics. I'd take some but I've got no camera skills of my own.

post-10222-1267749662_thumb.jpg

Love it! Much more detail on the gunpod. I can see the individual barrels. Thanks!

hey macrossjunkie, can you pls explain what mods you did on the vf-11c, i want to purhaps try it too. I have an air brush, so tell me, how did you "wather it"? Also, i am guessing you did the pannel lining with a gundam marker or similar. Amything else you did? As for stickers, i dont see where you added them, but thats ok.

Exactly. Every other show with transformations goes from vehicle to robot. The hybrid mode in Macross is what really differentiates it. I guess I'll have to get better at photography so I can post up some VF-11C pics in Gerwalk for the minority of us who like that.

It's just a robot stuck mid-transformation. Every robot can do that.

hey macrossjunkie, can you pls explain what mods you did on the vf-11c, i want to purhaps try it too. I have an air brush, so tell me, how did you "wather it"? Also, i am guessing you did the pannel lining with a gundam marker or similar. Amything else you did? As for stickers, i dont see where you added them, but thats ok.

Regarding the stickers... uhh.. they're all over the thing. All the red "NO STEP" and "DANGER" stickers, the red intake "<", the large "UN SPACY" stickers on the legs, ejection seat warnings, etc.

I cut the stickers to the very edges with a hobby knife to minimize the sticker look.

I didn't use gundam markers for the panel lining. The lines tend to look a lot thicker or harsher and unnatural, particularly on light colored plastics. Ever since I boought some Promodeller weathering wash, I used that to do the panel lining. It takes more patience, but the result is far more agreeable to me.

Where I did use gundam markers were to blacken the inside of the maneuvering nozzles below the cockpit and on the FAST packs as well, put additional black paint on the top of the booster packs to make it more like the line art, and metallic red on the tips of the tail fins for "lights".

I used Tamiya weathering master kits for the weathering using a combination of gun metal, silver, and oil stain colors in various places. I applied it and then wiped most of it off with a dry paper towel to leave only just the slightest traces on it because I didn't want the weathering to look too heavy.

Regarding the stickers... uhh.. they're all over the thing. All the red "NO STEP" and "DANGER" stickers, the red intake "<", the large "UN SPACY" stickers on the legs, ejection seat warnings, etc.

I cut the stickers to the very edges with a hobby knife to minimize the sticker look.

I didn't use gundam markers for the panel lining. The lines tend to look a lot thicker or harsher and unnatural, particularly on light colored plastics. Ever since I boought some Promodeller weathering wash, I used that to do the panel lining. It takes more patience, but the result is far more agreeable to me.

Where I did use gundam markers were to blacken the inside of the maneuvering nozzles below the cockpit and on the FAST packs as well, put additional black paint on the top of the booster packs to make it more like the line art, and metallic red on the tips of the tail fins for "lights".

I used Tamiya weathering master kits for the weathering using a combination of gun metal, silver, and oil stain colors in various places. I applied it and then wiped most of it off with a dry paper towel to leave only just the slightest traces on it because I didn't want the weathering to look too heavy.

Those extra flourishes, like the small red stickers on the wings make a pretty big difference in how it looks.

It's just a robot stuck mid-transformation. Every robot can do that.

No. Every transforming robot can turn into a vehicle. Only Valkyries have a third practical mode. Or at least they made it iconic. When you see a picture of a fighter jet with arms and legs do you think, "Oh it's a Transformer stuck mid-transformation", or do you think "Macross"? ...Exactly.

Gerwalk power-slides were always pretty cool to watch. Battroids were starting to do it more frequently in M7 but Frontier kinda went back to Gerwalk being the primary "slider"

No. Every transforming robot can turn into a vehicle. Only Valkyries have a third practical mode. Or at least they made it iconic. When you see a picture of a fighter jet with arms and legs do you think, "Oh it's a Transformer stuck mid-transformation", or do you think "Macross"? ...Exactly.

Technically having a hybrid mode isn't unique only to valkyries. From around the same era, you have the Legioss from Mospeada with its armo diver mode which is basically gerwalk. Also in Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, the Spartas had a hybrid gerwalk like mode as well.

Technically having a hybrid mode isn't unique only to valkyries. From around the same era, you have the Legioss from Mospeada with its armo diver mode which is basically gerwalk. Also in Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross, the Spartas had a hybrid gerwalk like mode as well.

but out of the three, only with valkyries is the mode not pointless.

but out of the three, only with valkyries is the mode not pointless.

Armo diver was really useful in Mospeada because they never had a landing strip in the forests and other locations. In Southern Cross they used it to hold their ground for heavy bursts.

Don't be such a hater!!! B))

Armo diver was really useful in Mospeada because they never had a landing strip in the forests and other locations. In Southern Cross they used it to hold their ground for heavy bursts.

Don't be such a hater!!! B))

ha, okay... I'm sure VTOL would have been more useful and I'm not sure how having a higher center of gravity makes the tank more stable but okay... sure. :lol:

The Legioss looks like what would be built in a 70s/80s design program with the appropriate technology (F-18 IIRC). I'd really like to see a Mospeada/Legioss follow up based on the F-35 and F-22). Kawamori went with YF-23 and Sukhoi for his future evolution of transforming craft after the initial F-14 and later on the F-117.

The Takara/Hasbro Starscream/Seekers show what we can reasonably expect out of an F-15 (and a MiG-29 probably wouldn't vary much from that)...

I just opened the vf-11c which I purchased from AmiAmi recently. It's a fantastic piece of work which I gotten addicted to besides my GBP-1S & VE-1. I will be looking forward to the protector armour set if they are coming out with one !! :)

but I sure hope yamato gets the opptunities to manufacture VF-25 Valkyries .

Good for you! I'm still waiting for mine to arrive from THAT shop. Probably will use amiami henceforth for most things.

I understand how you feel... MY VF-22S is still pending arrival from dunno which month... sighs...

ANyways i am sure you will enjoy the VF-11C as much as i do once it arrives.. man i hate waiting for so long...

=(

Argh. I so want one, but I'm also trying hard to save money. Hope Yamato milks this mold a bit more. Seriously want to see the Armoured version, and another repaint with the VF-X Ravens scheme.

Milia is probably guaranteed... and maybe a non-canon Max.

I thought Max flew one in the M3 game on dreamcast too. .

I thought Max flew one in the M3 game on dreamcast too. .

Yup, from the MMM...

I'm not up for the 11C as it stands...too plain IMO...but if they do M&M 11's it's an amazing combo of paint jobs and quality toy that would probably lure me to buy both.

yf-11-m3blue-battroid.gif

yf-11-m3blue-fighter.gif

The Milia M7 11B and VFX-11 from M3 are significantly different as well...

yf-11-m3red-fighter.gif

vf-11b-milia-fighter.gif

Edited by hutch

You sir beat me to it but yeah I had the game way back when, it was one of the reasons I bought a Dreamcast in the first place B)):lol:

But just give it time someone here is probably working on a custom set as we speak. . . :lol:

Edited by DARKWIND

Same here,

But what I would really like to see is a stealth version, not exactly all black but a darker color than the VF-11B.

I'd love M&M versions, but I really don't need another set of M&M valks. :lol:

I definitely like the VFX version better, but I'd really prefer the white nosecone from the M7 one. And.. the blue and yellow hightlights don't really fit.. oh well, I'd probably buy them up like all the rest.