Official Yamato 1/60 Scale VF-11C thread

Graham

Graham,

Is this one that you mentioned some time ago of a repaint of an existing model, with retools on the gunpod? (I thought that gonna be VF-19 Kai)

Yep, this is the one.

Not sure why you thought it was the VF-19Kai. That would involve a completely new sculpt over the YF-19. The two share nothing in common, except possibly hands and biceps.

Graham

May I just add that at this rate, I'm not even finding time to transform half the Valkyrie I get from Yamato :)

I mean - my VF-22S and VF-11B are still sitting on the shelves in fighter mode - never transformed; not because I am somehow disinclined...but there's no time... sheesh :)

Still...personally - this is one I'll be skipping. Not a fan of the color scheme, and while I do like Macross 7 (understatement of the century), I'm far more interested in getting Soundforce instead of CannonFodderForce.

Pete

Even the heatshield's plain white...

You know, I was just thinking---Milia has the most valks in M7 (and probably all of Macross). In M7 we see her VF-1J, VF-11(B?), VF-17S, and VF-22S. Even Max never had a -17.

In fact Hikaru piloted more VFs in the universe:

TV:

VF-1D

VF-1J CF (when he was in training)

VF-1J

VF-1S

DYRL:

VF-1A

VT-1

VF-1S

2012:

VF-4

Oh suddenly I miss him.

simply love the colors pf the 11C!

In fact Hikaru piloted more VFs in the universe:

*snip*

Oh suddenly I miss him.

me too. i loved the humble hero of SDF macross

i hope in the future we will finally get the completion of the hikaru/misa storyline

and hikaru piloted a vf-29 or sth like that

Edited by honkhet

Yep, this is the one.

Not sure why you thought it was the VF-19Kai. That would involve a completely new sculpt over the YF-19. The two share nothing in common, except possibly hands and biceps.

Graham

Oh i was thinking Yamato might just retool VF-19 gunpod for VF-19Kai musical instrument-like gunpod (not sure if that is guitar?) Yes, I forgot the head & speaker shoulders are completely different design. Lets hope for its future release since we are seeing some M7 releases

Most of those don't count----they weren't HIS valks (as in, assigned to him). And even fewer were painted in his scheme. (TV 1S doesn't count--that's Roy's!)

But Milia had a ton just for her, and her alone.

I see what you mean now... The Millia customs. I think Millia is only second to Char Aznable in the anime universe?

Beautiful! =O I love how Yamato took the time to design a new gunpod and update the fast packs. Other companies probably wouldn't even care.

Any chances of an (un)official M&M variant VF-11 release?

Probably not for Max...

But I hope they would release the 11B for Millia. I am a sucker for M&M.

From the Scoopda thread, Yamato announces their 1/60 scale VF-11C from Macross 7.

http://www.yamato-toys.com/items/detail.php?gid=1502

I've always prefered the Macross 7 VF-11C color scheme over the Macross Plus VF-11B.

This bird looks absolutely stunning IMO. I will definitely be getting at least 3 and finances be damned!

Graham

I will need at LEAST two of them...that Valk is sexy...Is it wrong for me to say a toy is sexy? Hmmmm...If loving this Valk is wrong, I don't want to be right...

I see what you mean now... The Millia customs. I think Millia is only second to Char Aznable in the anime universe?
Millia is second to no one... B)) not even the great Char Aznable...an M&M release of the VF-11 would be VERY cool, though...

I want one!

And now it's time for me to be Mr. Negativity again....ran the page through Google translate.

$19,740 Yen = $220 USD ...... !!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why the heck is selling for that much? The VF-11B was around $185USD which was bad enough but now they want to charge an extra $30-$40 bucks for a repaint! Come on Yamato this is getting ridiculous.

Ships 2009年11月 出荷予定予価  19,740 円(本体価格:18,800 円) Ships 2009 Mon 11 tentative......... So we know it is coming out in 2009 and no Monday falls on the 11th for the rest of the year so I am assuming it will be out in November.......man that's quick. I won't have any time to recover from my VF-1D virgin VE-1 and VF-J Super M&M at all. Can't we space some of this out Yamato?

And here is the rest of the translate:

マクロス7作品から「VF-11Cサンダーボルト」を、1/60完全変形シリーズより発売します! Macross 7 from the work "VF-11C Thunderbolt", and 1 / 60 Perfect Transformation series released!

設定では2030年から統合軍の主力機体として採用。 Adopted in 2030 set as the main body of troops since integration. 飛行安定性や信頼性など、現場での運用評価が高く、汎用性に優れた機体なのである。 Flight stability and reliability, high operational evaluation in the field is of a versatile aircraft.

◆パーツ差替え無しの、完全変形を実現! ◆ without replacement parts, provide complete transformation!

ファイター、ガウォーク、バトロイドの3形態へ、パーツ差替え無しの変形ギミックを実現。 Fighter Walk gadget, the Battroid 3 to form, provide replacement parts without deformation gimmick.

あくまでもアニメ設定による変形ギミックを基本としつつ、完成品としての遊べるギミックを考慮しました。 While anime is based on actual national classification set by the deformation gimmick, a gimmick play was considered as finished.

更に発売中のマクロススタンド用アタッチメントが付属し、今回はバトロイドでのディスプレイも可能。 Makurosusutando included in the attachment for further sale, this time in display Battroid possible.

◆フォルム、ディテールにこだわった至高のアイテム <br>変形ギミックを再現しつつ各3形態のプロポーションの両立を計り、各形態においてフォルム、ディテールなどリアリティーの追求にこだわりました。 ◆ form, each item of the supreme being loyal to detail to reproduce the gimmick <br> measure to balance the proportions of the three variant forms, forms in each area, and detail obsessed with the pursuit of reality. ※特にバトロイド。 ※ Battroid particular. おすすめ! Recommended

◆明るめの機体 <br>劇中の通り、明るめのホワイトグレーの機体になります。 ◆ <br> lighter aircraft as the movie is bright white to gray fuselage. ポイントは頭部のみに入るピンクのライン! Pink line points into the severed head!

◆VF-11Bと何が違う? ◆ VF-11B and different about it?

VF-11C専用(?)ガンポッドと、スーパーパーツブースターユニットのノズル&マイクロミサイル発射口。 VF-11C only (?) And Ganpoddo, micro missile nozzles Supapatsubusutayunitto & mouth. 一般兵のパイロットフィギュアが異なります。 General military pilot figures vary.

■材質:本体/ABS、POM、亜鉛合金、他 ■ Materials: Body / ABS, POM, zinc alloy, etc.

■商品サイズ:ファイター時/全長約28cm ■ Product Size: When Fighter / total length of about 28cm

■パッケージ形態:フラップトップ付ウインドウボックス■パッケージサイズ:H280mm×W325mm×D180mm ■ Packaging Package: window box with top flap ■ Package size: H280mm × W325mm × D180mm

■付属品:パイロットフィギュア(搭乗用)、ガンポッド、スーパーパーツ(高機動バーニアパック、プロペラントタンク)、取扱説明書、マーキングステッカー ■ Accessories: pilot figure (boarding), Ganpoddo, Parts Super (high-mobility Baniapakku, Puroperantotanku), Instruction Manual, Makingusutekka

※写真はサンプルです。 ※ Photo is a sample. 実際の商品とは、多少異なる場合があります。 Actual product may differ slightly.

Ah Ok I missed the sales tax part there and I hadn't realized the dollar had changed that much. Still it's not like I am making anymore money so at the very least I think I am going to have to hold out on this one till the dollar becomes more favorable.

Curious question, and if this is the wrong place to ask, forgive me...

I've never owned a Valk other than the Yamato VF-1s...

Are there any major QC issues with the VF-11's?

I've honestly never seen Macross 7 but I really REALLY like the look of the VF-11...

Curious question, and if this is the wrong place to ask, forgive me...

I've never owned a Valk other than the Yamato VF-1s...

Are there any major QC issues with the VF-11's?

I've honestly never seen Macross 7 but I really REALLY like the look of the VF-11...

The VF-11B is pretty damn solid, there were a few minor (really minor) issues that popped up, but no exploding shoulders, cracks or things splitting in 2!! Shes a bit pricey, but worth it!!

I'll definitely save up for a VF-11C!! B))

Yeah the B is awesome just a little steep in price. I really want the C but.....Argh if I don't stop with these some time soon I'm not going to be able to afford Christmas.....4 New VF-1s in Oct., VF-11C and VF-1J Armored in Nov., Max's and Mira's VF-22 in December......and that's only Yamato.....oh god make it stop, make it stop...... :ph34r::wacko::blink::(

EDIT:

I now I realized I am going to need more display stands too....... -_- ........is it time to start the Meat vs. Toy poll again? :lol:

Edited by logos