Official Bandai 1/60 Scale DX Toy Thread Ver.6

Duke Togo

One other thing that helps too is to make sure the nosecone itself is as far down as it will go.. there is some play in the double hinge connecting it to the cockpit section, and if you rotate it the right way, it will go further towards the gear, and leave you more room to rotate the nose out from under the chest without it scratching.

That's the problem!!! I was pushing the nosecone (without noticing) causing it to slide up before unlocking the chestplate when transforming it back to fighter.

Thanks for your help!!! Me and my VF-27 are friends again :lol:

Also---that latest pic has the bit of paint that Brera's was missing on the hip-gun panel. (but no numbers on the tailfins---that causes me worry that they seem to have done their paintjob "tweaks" already yet not added proper numbers)

I'm not sure that hip-gun art is supposed to be there

hmm yeah, there it is.

post-32-1268477852_thumb.png

Edited by Uxi

I was actually kinda bummed that I gave in and bought yet another valkyrie (seriously, I don't have room for them!), but holy cow this thing is really gorgeous. The quality of the plastic is really something, it feels dense and... shiny! It's so freaking smooth & shiny! It's awesome!

This was actually the first photo I took after transforming it. I hadn't tried posing it yet.

_DSC5521.jpg

That gun is huge.

_DSC5897.jpg

Got my Brera custom VF-27 today, and I have to say, it's a damned fine toy. Getting the battroid's chest into position took some fidgeting, but I got it finally. (I generally never open the instructions on any of my valks, and this one is no exception. Transformation is pretty simple overall) I have to question the logic, however, of placing a set of vanes on the aircraft in such a position that they will lie directly behind the upper thigh in battroid. On a toy, or on a "real" machine, where the legs would be in motion and potentially move back and snap them off, it seems to me that the vane placement is a bit of a design flaw. Then again, I think the hips are supposed to jut out further from the fuselage than they do on the DX, and the 1/72 may have better clearance. Still, I wish both vanes could hinge back parallel to the acft fuselage to give more clearance for those big hips.

Quality wise, everything, except the oft mentioned wrists, are pretty tight, and allow for some very excellent poseability. There is so much glorious tampo on this thing (decals be damned, this is how printing should be on collector grade toys). The white paint apps, on mine at least, look like they could have stood a second coat of paint, as the red shows through a little.

Overall, I'm glad I got it, and really no glaring faults, beyond the hips are slightly too high. It's a concession, and I can live with it. As others have mentioned, it's pretty sturdy, and I love, love, love seeing the metal bits in the ankles and arm joints. The gear could stand to be white, but at this point, I'm just glad they look like proper gear, and extend from their wells with relative ease. Recommended! :)

has anyone buy the tornado version of vf 25? i'm still kinda hoping for a miracle that this version will come with an update mold.. such as longer landing gear.. better leg articulation.. and detachable pilot

It won't, sorry.

has anyone buy the tornado version of vf 25? i'm still kinda hoping for a miracle that this version will come with an update mold.. such as longer landing gear.. better leg articulation.. and detachable pilot

I would say screw everything as long we had a swivel joint for gerwalk, but from the looks of it this is the old mold.

Finally got my review up on anymoon.com -

DX-VF-27-11.jpg

So another team with ties to Yamato did the 27? Nice and it shows. This one is more complicated while the 25 is a lot more simple.

Yamdai for the win!

It seems to me that these guys know a good team when they see one and hopefully will bet on this new horse for the future.

But I will wait and see if there will be a V2.5 or a V3 VF-25 cause I dolike the valk but its hard to feel good about buying it just yet.

I don't expect perfection, just improvment if Bandai is willing to go forward and do so.

Edited by DARKWIND

I ordered the Tornado Pack '25. I'm just expecting the same '25 figure but with movie color scheme (or a slight variation of it). Definitely not happy that I had to buy another '25 just to get the Tornado Pack, I had been hoping it would be another Tamashii job. More pain-in-the-ass hoops to jump through, but it would have been cheaper than buying the whole set-up.

Oh well...

Finally, a Frontier VF with a real GERWALK mode! For once, I'm actually contemplating on buying a DX Chogokin. Hopefully, Bandai will revisit the older VF-25's and have the new team redesign them.

I'm still not crazy about all that paint on the Chogokin VF's, though. Maybe Yamato might buy the MF license someday and make their own Messiahs; I still prefer colored plastic to painted surfaces for peace of mind.

Finally, a Frontier VF with a real GERWALK mode! For once, I'm actually contemplating on buying a DX Chogokin. Hopefully, Bandai will revisit the older VF-25's and have the new team redesign them.

I'm still not crazy about all that paint on the Chogokin VF's, though. Maybe Yamato might buy the MF license someday and make their own Messiahs; I still prefer colored plastic to painted surfaces for peace of mind.

Gerwalk is better than on the 25 but it's still limited unless you do that detach intakes trick.

Gerwalk is better than on the 25 but it's still limited unless you do that detach intakes trick.

Oh well, there's always the future potential, might-be, not-totally-out-the-question possibility that Yamato might get the Frontier license to manufacture a fully-articulated MacFrontier VF for me to splurge my salary on. Here's hoping! B))

I'd like to see a V2.0 1/60 VF-25 from any manufacturer, best if with Bandai's sturdy construction and Yamato's paintjob. So far Bandai proved they can come up with a decent VF with the Lucifer release, using the same basic idea (and maybe some parts) they could make an outstanding Messiah. I wonder if they really design these things in Japan or they send CAD files to China so they do the engineering and production

Has anybody tried putting the VF-27 on the Flightpose (formerly LaF toys) stand with the gun mounted?

I set mine up last night and have it balanced okay, but I'm nervous because the front rod of the stand is holding up the nose by the little canard fin thing since the gun was in the way. I know those fins are a bit fragile after seeing one break off in a video review.

Anybody have better ideas for putting this on the stand? It's sorta okay for now since the toy is back heavy and not too much weight is on the fin, but I'd still like to find a better arrangement.

Has anybody tried putting the VF-27 on the Flightpose (formerly LaF toys) stand with the gun mounted?

I set mine up last night and have it balanced okay, but I'm nervous because the front rod of the stand is holding up the nose by the little canard fin thing since the gun was in the way. I know those fins are a bit fragile after seeing one break off in a video review.

Anybody have better ideas for putting this on the stand? It's sorta okay for now since the toy is back heavy and not too much weight is on the fin, but I'd still like to find a better arrangement.

My VF-27 has been on a flexi (in F-Mode w/ beam cannon attached) for the last several days.

One leg is behind the back of the gunpod (right underneath the shield), the other two legs are just to the sides of the intakes.

No balancing problems whatsoever.

post-31-1269013805_thumb.jpg

It seems to me that these guys know a good team when they see one and hopefully will bet on this new horse for the future.

But I will wait and see if there will be a V2.5 or a V3 VF-25 cause I dolike the valk but its hard to feel good about buying it just yet.

I don't expect perfection, just improvment if Bandai is willing to go forward and do so.

Lets hope Bandai finally goes full steam ahead with Macross. The 27 was a leap forward but I think the groin could have had more movement had the Yamdai team had a bigger budget/more time/not been restricted to reuse parts of the 25.

Ok, did I miss some big thread where a Yamato-Bandai collaborative effort was revealed and we learn that the first result was the VF-27? Or is this all speculation/tongue-in-cheek?

Jenius mentioned it in his review of the 27, that Bandai brought in another team from a company with valkyrie experience to work on the 27.

Ah, I hadn't gotten around to reading his review yet.

Strange--I'd suspect that if anyone knew about this it'd be Graham, but he's not said a word AFAIK.

No real details or specifics are mentioned in the review so any Yamato involvement is just speculation at this point.

And it may just be that the person or persons involved were formerly employed by "the other company" rather than Bandai actually getting help from "the other company".

Regardless of the whats and whos, I'm glad this turned out to be a great toy and I look forward to getting Grace.

I don't think what was mentioned in my review should in any way be construed as collaboration between Yamato and Bandai. I believe both firms use contractors to assist in the development of new products. I was told that Bandai used a different contractor for the VF-27 than they did for the VF-25 and that this contractor had experience developing high-end Macross products for another company. The assumption then is that this is a contractor who has worked for Yamato. I do know that the contractor in question is not T-Rex. That's pretty much everything I know -

When you said that : [q

uote]I was told that Bandai used a different contractor for the VF-27 than they did for the VF-25 and that this contractor had experience developing high-end Macross products for another company.

People will automatically think of the other company being Yamato as they are pretty much the only other company that produces high end macross toys, thus the link. Can't really fault people for thinking that way really