Michael Jackson RIP

Wish this turns out to be false.

Mighty big musical legacy Michael leaves behind. Hope his kids fall in good hands.

And poor Farrah. Three years fighting f* cancer.

He was definitely a weirdo, with a serious plastic surgery fetish, but there's no denying his contribution to pop music/pop culture.

Yeah, aside from his weirdness later in life, those who grew up watching and listening to him in throughout the 80's can't deny his musical talents. I still remember my neighborhood playground clearing when the Thriller video was scheduled to come on MTV at a certain time. Games of H.O.R.S.E and Kill The Man came to a halt about 5 minutes till the start of the video whenever it aired.

Odd to think that Macross was in its hay day when he was at the top of his game. Happy to have all his music. He's going to be missed by many. :unsure:

Farrah Fawcett died from anal cancer because she refused to get normal cancer treatments and went for bizarre alternative treatments that clearly did not work, despite the immoral "physicians" performing these treatments assuring her she was cured.

Farrah Fawcett died from anal cancer because she refused to get normal cancer treatments and went for bizarre alternative treatments that clearly did not work, despite the immoral "physicians" performing these treatments assuring her she was cured.

If she had known better, the normal treatments would've saved her ass. Literally. :ph34r:

Good riddance. I was more of a Prince fan as a kid although I like the Jackson 5 stuff, however, he was a pedophile, and we all know he was, and I like to think as a parent that there's a special place in hell for a piece of f***ing piece of sh*t like him. I feel bad for Ed and Farrah, and don't wish death on anyone unless they truly deserve it, and he did. At least per his will McCartney gets back all the Beatles catalog.

Poor Farrah. While any cancer is terrible, anal cancer sounds especially nasty.

Graham

too much plastic surgery and that skin lighting treatment/surgery/cream did him in, imho. rip mj.

so that's what happened.

Doubt he's dead... he's probably in a hidden island right in the middle of the Bermuda triangle playing poker with JFK, Tupak, a gray alien, and Lelouch Spike.

He may have long gone into the deep end but there will probably never be another artist that had such a profound impact on music.

I'm personally saddened by the news because it was his music that got me into dancing and into pop (when I immigrated from China I was taught that rock'n roll was evil). In fact if it wasn't for him and the other great artists of the 80's & 90's I'd still be a snotty 4-eyed geek right now.

R.I.P. Micheal...

As for Farrah, she was a hottie but that was a little before my time... but R.I.P. none the less. And good-bye to you too Ed... good-bye. :(

Well, Jackson may have been ruler of the music world at one time, but Farrah Fawcett definitely had me and every teen-age boy of my time going ga-ga over her awesome body and that wonderful poster she put out. And talk about irony, the woman had a beautiful rear end, and that was what killed her in the end. No pun intended.

Oh, in case some of you here have never seen the poster that made her an icon on every boy with raging hormones during the 70's, here it is:

farrah-fawcett.jpg

he was a pedophile, and we all know he was, and I like to think as a parent that there's a special place in hell for a piece of f***ing piece of sh*t like him.

As I recall, he was never convicted. Yeah, Jackson was weird... is that why everyone is so quick to label him a child molester without looking at the evidence? Is it more believable to think that a man-child was getting on with little boys than to think that the boys and/or their parents weren't trying to extort some money out of a wealthy celebrity?

Good riddance. I was more of a Prince fan as a kid although I like the Jackson 5 stuff, however, he was a pedophile, and we all know he was, and I like to think as a parent that there's a special place in hell for a piece of f***ing piece of sh*t like him. I feel bad for Ed and Farrah, and don't wish death on anyone unless they truly deserve it, and he did. At least per his will McCartney gets back all the Beatles catalog.

Wow, we are in agreement on the "good riddance" attitude towards this. Where did you get the info on McCartney getting his songs back though? (I know Jacko owned a lot of the rights and that caused the falling out between them)

Taksraven

The modern sound of music (Rock, Rap, Pop, etc, etc) owes a huge debt to this man. He revolutionized music video production and integrated MTV (In the early 1980's MTV had a policy of not playing African-American music videos). Michael Jackson destroyed that barrier. Thriller was number 1 for 83 weeks. His record of number 1 hit songs rivals The Beetles & Mariah Carey. His music was the blueprint of the 1980s. He was truly the "King of Pop"!

RIP Michael Joseph Jackson!

Beat it is one of my favorite songs... So although I think his tastes are questionable, I think its fair enough to respect him for what he accomplished at least. RIP.

he was a pedophile, and we all know he was, and I like to think as a parent that there's a special place in hell for a piece of f***ing piece of sh*t like him. I feel bad for Ed and Farrah, and don't wish death on anyone unless they truly deserve it, and he did. At least per his will McCartney gets back all the Beatles catalog.

He was a weird guy, but in this country we are innocent until proven guilty. I'll admit I've had my suspicions of him in the past, but I would hate to have myself or a member of my family wrongfully labeled a pedophile.

I was never a michael jackson fan, and it is sad when ever there is a death. Tbh i hate the guy and i hate all the attention that followed him. Its like princess diana all over agian. over hyped and excess coverage.

Honestly, I'm a bigger fan of his Jackson 5 and late 70's/early 80's (pre-Thriller) stuff.

Hearing THOSE songs again on the radio today reminded me what made him so damn good. I mean I never hear "Got To Be There" EVER on the radio, and I heard it probably two or three times just this evening alone.

It's just too bad most folks tend to forget those R&B parts of his catalogue and focus more on the later, more pop stuff.

Is he a weirdo? Yes. But dammit, the music he and his brothers made before all the zany-ness and the nosejobs was pretty tight.