Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS

EXO

Truth being told, many fans/members are having a tough time to accept to pay 200-300 US dollars for a Yamato (macorss) toy for quite some time now.

I have to agree with this. It has made my interests in collecting Macross wane since size/proportion vs dollar has been at opposites. There are a lot of other products to buy for less these days, and that is too bad in the long term for Yamato.

Going slight back on-topic, AFAIK, for most any kit/toy, cost of materials is one of the smallest factors. Changing materials might lower the price by a small percentage, but there's nothing you could use to chop 20% off or something.

Well it makes a lot of sense now. Just like Yamato didn't complete the 1/48s by not making the 2 seaters so that we'll be more apt to collect a whole new scale, they decided not to manufacture this one so that we'd accept buying a smaller scale cheaper to manufacture SDF-1(which will still be expensive for us.)

Going slight back on-topic, AFAIK, for most any kit/toy, cost of materials is one of the smallest factors. Changing materials might lower the price by a small percentage, but there's nothing you could use to chop 20% off or something.

That may not be true. Stronger material usually have higher melting point and need different class of mold. LEGO can't match the low price of lower quality clones like Megablok with out downgrade from ABS, and lower mold precision and QC standard.

As for those crass comments, feel free to buy from Toynami/Bandai/Kaiyodo instead. These are not some chemically addictive drug, and Yamato is not the only game in town. If Big West is not happy with what Yamato is doing they can find someone else.

not at all. for the most part i think yamato makes awesome toys. i still own quite a few of them and enjoy staring at them with a rare swoosh or transformation in between.

in reality, i speak the truth because for the past however many years, we've all been walking around bowlegged and butt hurt but somehow we're always ready for another pounding from yours truly....

Eh? I'm doing fine. Since my original 1/60 run (Roy, Hikaru 1J, Max, 2xCF) , I bought a single 1/48 since my 2x Low Viz, the Hikaru 1S. Other than that, a single YF-19FP and single YF-21. Gamlin VF-22S en route. It's called self control and only buy what you really want. I haven't bought any 1/60 VF-1 v2 yet. People compelled to buy every single thing are no different than gambling addicts, if not addicts in general. Yamato is still probably the best game in town and the developments on the DYRL Macross are disappointing, but hardly a deal breaker. This is basically an expensive limited production garage-kit exclusive and priced accordingly instead of the mass market piece most of us wanted (I was definitely in wait and see mode after passing on the Wave).

Price out the competition, namely Bandai and see if one likes the value better. For the cheap/broke the 1/100 and 1/144 lines are there, if not something non-transformable like the GNU or Revoltechs (I have a few of those).

That may not be true. Stronger material usually have higher melting point and need different class of mold. LEGO can't match the low price of lower quality clones like Megablok with out downgrade from ABS, and lower mold precision and QC standard.

QC and the molds are not materials. LEGO's main asset are the molds and their QC.

Also, I've never seen a "normal" toy with mold tolerances anywhere near LEGO, and I'd assume they don't typically have molds of the same class. Certainly not any Yamato has. (yes, that's a knock on Yamato---their molds are rough, and always have been)

not at all. for the most part i think yamato makes awesome toys. i still own quite a few of them and enjoy staring at them with a rare swoosh or transformation in between.

in reality, i speak the truth because for the past however many years, we've all been walking around bowlegged and butt hurt but somehow we're always ready for another pounding from yours truly....

more yamato more, those pics are making me cum!

faster yamato faster, you know i'll pay any sum!

again yamato again, i love it in my bum!

you've had your cock in my the ass since 2001!

Holy sh!t, that had me in tears, LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

do not disturb just won this thread, and that poem is so going in my sig.

-Kyp

Dude I know I'm a little late here. But I almost spit up on my keyboard. That was funny as hell....

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

... Yamato is still probably the best game in town and the developments on the DYRL Macross are disappointing, but hardly a deal breaker. ....Price out the competition, namely Bandai and see if one likes the value better......

Well, I definitely agree with these statements.

LOL, we know your real pleasure in life. If that's how it makes you feel, but you continue to buy stuff, or have bought more than one item from them, that's on you. As for me, I have no problem turning down something that isn't priced right. SDF-1 for $2300 is a definite out for me with no remorse or withdrawl.

My thoughts exactly! If $2300 is too much for you to spend on a toy, go look for something you can afford and leave it for the richer people to buy. (BTW: I'm not one of the richer people that can actually afford it) It's a luxury product for those with money to spare.

I'd like to get next years Ferrari 458 Italia but would never be able to afford a car in that price range. You won't however see me at Ferrarichat.com whining about how ridiculous it is for Ferrari to charge $240.000 for a car even though its basically made of the same materials as a Dacia Sandero. :p

...As for me, I have no problem turning down something that isn't priced right. SDF-1 for $2300 is a definite out for me with no remorse or withdrawl.

you can't compare a Ferrari to a stupid overprized toy, I will not ramble on how a Ferrari is worth every little penny you spend on it, just gotta say that with a Ferrari you get the added bonus that when you die crashing a 320kph you will enter the pearly gates and greet St. Peter in a fireball, how cool will that look? :D

instead of sitting at home watching your broken 2300 SDF-1 wondering what have you done with your life...

you can't compare a Ferrari to a stupid overprized toy, I will not ramble on how a Ferrari is worth every little penny you spend on it, just gotta say that with a Ferrari you get the added bonus that when you die crashing a 320kph you will enter the pearly gates and greet St. Peter in a fireball, how cool will that look? :D

instead of sitting at home watching your broken 2300 SDF-1 wondering what have you done with your life...

I agree, about that, even about the possibility to buy a stupid overpriced toy for 2000$ that possibly get broken 5 days after it arrives to you, it sounds in line with YAMATO toys quality politic... better buy a flight ticket to go in Japan just to crash that gigantic toy on the heads of YAMATO managers..

Yawn.

I don't understand all the hate.

Yes - the poem is funny but...

Guys.... look - nobody is forcing you to buy the stuff.

I decided a while ago that I don't like TFs anymore. When I did like them, I used to play with them ALOT. I would be writing up stories, and taking pictures, and working on comics with them and it was great.

Then at some point for a variety of reasons I won't repeat here I just stopped liking them.

Then they sat on my shelves...and sat...and sat...and sat.

And one fine day I figured - meh - since I derive no pleasure form owning them anymore - I would rather liquidate the collection - and I did.

Now I'm down to probably my last one or two TFs that need to be sold and it's asta la vista.

Maybe in future, if a new toy line comes out that captures my fancy, I'll get back into them.

Oh - and just so it's not just about TFs..

Yamato's 1/48 line. I had only 4 of those because I was late to the party. THen the version 2.0s show up, I get one. I love it. I also get M0 and M+ valkyrie in the 1/60 scale.

It naturally occurs to me that it would be better to have my VF-1s in 1/60 scale as well.

So I sold the 1/48s.

I don't understand all the anguish.

These are just toys and figures. They are meant to bring you joy. They are like women. A new improved younger model is just down the corner, although sometimes a used, slightly battered vintage model has that wonderful quality that you just can't find in newer models.

Either way - there is no hold on you. Buy, sell. Keep what you like. Get rid of what you don't like.

Stop treating these things as if they were the holy grail.

The producers certainly don't.

They work their butts off to make the 1/48 and then...they go back to the drawing board and try to make something better - the v.2 1/60.

And good - because it's cool to get better and better stuff.

I'm as sentimental as the next guy - and so I really like to TRY to tailor my collection in a way that I only have what I truly like - inresepctive of whether it's new or old.

But face it - right now there's a lot of competition to make the best version of older stuff we love. You just have to choose. And sometimes you'll choose wrong and you'll want to let something go.

No biggie.

But yeah, nice poem NBM.

Pete

Let's be fair: Most of the anger here comes from the fact that Yamato made us believe that a 1/2000 transformable Macross toy was within our budget (thus making some of us start saving their hard earned pennies), and then they went "Ups, sorry, we miscalculated. Turns out it'll be an ultra exclusive item for japanese yupies only".

Let's be fair: Most of the anger here comes from the fact that Yamato made us believe that a 1/2000 transformable Macross toy was within our budget (thus making some of us start saving their hard earned pennies), and then they went "Ups, sorry, we miscalculated. Turns out it'll be an ultra exclusive item for japanese yupies only".

More or less :lol: plus imagine the usual problem of a lot Yamato pieces, something could break in any time...ups :unsure: a thread named "your Yamato $2000 DYRL MACROSS is broken or perfect" would be epic! :lol:

Edited by DarkEyes

Ugh! Lets really be fair. No representative from Yamato ever stated a price for a product in this thread! It was speculation and guessing from members of this forum that pegged a price around $500.

It's really not like Yamato led anyone on about this. Everyone needs to get over it and move on. I agree it is a bummer, but it is no where near a tragedy, travesty, injustice or scam. :p

I've asked the same question two times in this thread ^_^

Where was it officially confirmed that the SDF-1 was going to cost $500??

It's always been our desire and pure speculation, but people around this forum tend to be delusional :lol:

These are just toys and figures. They are meant to bring you joy. They are like women. A new improved younger model is just down the corner, although sometimes a used, slightly battered vintage model has that wonderful quality that you just can't find in newer models.

Wow, way to say the most sexist thing I've ever seen anyone say on this forum. You actually just compared women to toys. Objectification at its finest. And people wonder why they call this a boys' club.

I was talking about the whole "robot toy collecting" hobby when I said it was a boys' club.

That doesn't even make sense at all... Your post was... blah blah blah sexist... no wonder people call it a boys club. If it was just about robot toy collecting then no one would be wondering why, just as no one would be wondering why it would be all girls in a Barbie forum. But my point is once and a while someone says something distasteful or just states a personal opinion all of the sudden the whole forum bears the weight. Just like if 2 people post that they don't like something and the third person says... OMG all you guys do is complain! Get over it. Not even if ten people state similar things will it mean that it's the opinion of the entire membership of the forum.

Note to self: Say more sexist things on this forum... the bar isn't set nearly high enough.

:lol: Clearly that poster hasn't spent much time in the Anime or Science-Fiction forum. :ph34r:

hahahaha!! you know, if you think about it, a women can be compared to a yamato

*disclaimer* IT'S A JOKE!!!

5. Yamatos are very nice to look at, just like a women

4. Yamatos are expensive, just like a women

3. Yamatos require a lot of attention to prevent disaster, just like a women

2. If you don't play right with a yamato something bad is bound to happened, same with women

and.....................the no.1 reason

chances are, just like a women, when you finally receive your yamato it might be already broken

extra: Yamato often required a very expensive accessory to look prettier....women too

*disclaimer* IT'S A JOKE!!

:lol: That is funny. I like your joke. And I am somewhat feminist (for a boy).

hahahaha!! you know, if you think about it, a women can be compared to a yamato

*disclaimer* IT'S A JOKE!!!

5. Yamatos are very nice to look at, just like a women

4. Yamatos are expensive, just like a women

3. Yamatos require a lot of attention to prevent disaster, just like a women

2. If you don't play right with a yamato something bad is bound to happened, same with women

and.....................the no.1 reason

chances are, just like a women, when you finally receive your yamato it might be already broken

extra: Yamato often required a very expensive accessory to look prettier....women too

*disclaimer* IT'S A JOKE!!

I don't understand all the hate.

Do you have a really short attention span or something? ;)

Guys.... look - nobody is forcing you to buy the stuff.

That isn't really the point. I want to buy it but I can't afford it. And even if I could it isn't even finished - ie painted or fully assembled. At 2.5 times the size of the WAVE model it isn't even that big- the main body in battroid stands at 35cm tall, the size of a 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure.

I love Yamato as much as the next guy on this board, but this sort of premium pricing makes me think that the golden age fo Yamato's Macross toys might be coming to a close. When they are releasing a blank valkyrie for their customers to color themselves you could be forgiven for thinking that they are out of ideas...

I don't understand all the anguish.

See above.

What did Focker teach us about how to handle our Valks?

After a while they begin to get loose and saggy and some parts no longer fit as tightly.

However before you are ready to throw a jumker out remember that sometimes all it takes are a few well placed screws to get things fixed.

That isn't really the point. I want to buy it but I can't afford it. And even if I could it isn't even finished - ie painted or fully assembled. At 2.5 times the size of the WAVE model it isn't even that big- the main body in battroid stands at 35cm tall, the size of a 1/6 scale Hot Toys figure.

It is 15.6 times in volume - it's a 3D object, not a string. The ship mode is 60cm long, so it will not shrink into 35cm after transforming. Try this 60cm tall stature instead for comparable size. It is obviously too big for most of the market since the beginning.

It is 15.6 times in volume - it's a 3D object, not a string. The ship mode is 60cm long, so it will not shrink into 35cm after transforming. Try this 60cm tall stature instead for comparable size. It is obviously too big for most of the market since the beginning.

If we're talking size comparisons and costs, I could always compare the SDF-1 to this too: Link. ;) (Yes, I know it's an unfair comparison.)

Yeah, it sucks that they're charging so much for an over-two-feet long, transforming ship. But I had a hard time even accepting the speculated $500 price point.

I'd probably also be more pissed if this was a TV version of the SDF-1. But as I've said before, let's just wait and see.

IF Yamato does make a mass-production version and IF that version doesn't meet our expectations in terms of size, quality, level of detail, and especially price, then feel free to continue the b*tch-fest.

Guys, look at this http://www.yamato-toys.com/ec/items/detail.php?gid=1523

It's official, YAMATO freaked out, TOTALLY!!! Next move will be a golden valkyrie for 10.000 $, but probably it will arrive broken in some parts, so you will need to buy expensive gold parts by Overdrive.

Ohhh, nevermind, you re not obliged to buy it if you don t want to... that's freedom babies!!