Well I just watched the new episode, anyone else think it felt like a rehash of the last episode? A fight scene continuing from the last episode that only lasts four minutes, some philosophy, short fight scene, emotional babble with a mobile suit fight in a hanger, and finishing the episode with the beginning of another battle. Felt very similar, but at least this will get most of the talking scenes out of the way when the final episode comes, lets hope it's like episode 4!

I agree with you that more action should have been present. But I guess since episode 5 was pure action from start to finish, I don't mind if things slowed down a bit.

But yes, spring 2014 is a bit redonkulous <_<

Edited by Archer

Well, Episode 4 had a lot of action as well, but I thought the crazy battle around the Geruda, and the escape to space plus glimpse at sinanju vs. the General Revil in episode 5 warranted it as the most action heavy episode so far. But yeah, the Torrington Bay battle was pretty awesome as well, almost forgot about it!

I love it when I get to see good quality battles of grunt units vs. each other, and not just Unicorn "Epic Music" spamfest. This is why I'm sincerely hoping we get to see Gundam Sentinel animated :unsure:

I love it when I get to see good quality battles of grunt units vs. each other, and not just Unicorn "Epic Music" spamfest. This is why I'm sincerely hoping we get to see Gundam Sentinel animated :unsure:

So you want a show where every unit is incredibly OP and even the grunt suits are full of "epic music" spamfests?

Well no, but it's nice to see grunt units actually do "something" beyond acting like lit up targets for hero Gundam. Beyond that, very few grunt units are what I'd call OP, but rather, true to what they are capable of. It's not like rezels are pwning the Sinanju or something.

Lastly, few have epic music spamfests like the unicorn. Anybody notice that the unicorn has yet to take ANY damage whatsoever?

It may be that the thought of a 25 ft robot actually being able to do some damage is foreign to you thanks to waves of series where grunts are useless, but I like that Gundam Unicorn gives them a little more credibility.

Edited by Archer

>snip<

Calm down man...

I was talking about your "I'm sincerely hoping we get to see Gundam Sentinel animated" comment. Sentinel was all about giving everyone and their mother super powerfull hero mechs. Even the bottom tier cannon fodder in sentinel have better specs than many of the one off custom units featured in Zeta and ZZ. (which are supposedly going on concurrently with Sentinel).

LOL, no worries anime, I wasn't upset or anything, sorry if it came off that way :unsure:;)

As for Gundam Sentinel, I can definitely see the S/Ex-S Gundam being fairly overpowered, but I do like that it has an AI doing most of the piloting when things get rough. As for overpowered grunts, most of the main units are Zeta Plus or GM III units on the federation side right?

Since Gundam Sentinel is after ZZ, Zeta Plus, in my mind, seems alright since it's just a mass produced zeta, much like the rezel (it just has a more Gundam-ish head). Also, since most of the ZZ units are FAZZ units without transformation features to cheapen the model, and since the ZZ is now slightly outdated, I think it's alright, although it's pushing it, and I can see where you are coming from.

But mainly, I was talking about the choreography of the grunt battles. A lot of the times, the pilots maintain wave rider mode, since it's more feasible for combat in space, much like in Macross, etc. I really enjoy technical stuff like that, more so than Beam Magnum/Newtype Fin Funnel, etc. craziness :D

• 8 months later...

Hey, they can split it into two 45 min. episodes and torture us for another year...

LOL that would be so cruel, I want to finish out this OVA. I hate the cliff hanger then wait another year routine they have been doing with this, but at the same time I am happy because they are not forced to shortcut due to budgets.

• 2 months later...

I can't wait until May. Now does Full frontal really need an upgrade for his suit? Sinanju is already super fast, has a big weapons payload etc. Sticking the sinanju in that mobile armor is just going to make it a slow moving target that probably has a lot of fire power, but it's going to get blown up anyways and out pops sinanju. Okay rant over. At least the neo-zeong doesn't look 100% dumb like a few other upgrades in Unicorn.

I can't wait until May. Now does Full frontal really need an upgrade for his suit? Sinanju is already super fast, has a big weapons payload etc. Sticking the sinanju in that mobile armor is just going to make it a slow moving target that probably has a lot of fire power, but it's going to get blown up anyways and out pops sinanju. Okay rant over. At least the neo-zeong doesn't look 100% dumb like a few other upgrades in Unicorn.

I doubt it will be a slow moving target. I'm quite sure that it'll have enough thrusters to more than compensate for its increased mass.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
From the 1st to the 6th episode of UC will be aired in Tokyo, Osaka, and Nagoya in May and June.

(Japanese)

And the UC exhibit is now being held at Ikebukuro Parco.

post-14942-0-39324500-1398425935_thumb.jpg

FYI

The SBY exhibit is also being held in Ikebukuro and Parco and Seibu Department belong to the same group company.

Edited by antibiotictab

• 3 weeks later...