Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

I wonder what the Phalanx's gimmick is going to be? The Defender had the Moveable optic sensor and extra ammo drums. The Tomahawk had the missile bays and the extra articulation in the waist. I imagine that if the Spartan ever came out it would have the pop out weapons pod in the middle but what about the Phalanx? Have to admit I am not familiar enough with it.

Mostly just opening missile bays. If they're smart they'll include a machine gun to plug into the top where the laser designator normally is.

Vostok 7

I was just curious after going through this whole Destroid thread, is there any chance Yamato will make the the Tomahawk 1/60 in the white & orange color scheme, like the one pictured below? :unsure:

Probably not. That colorway was from the Matchbox Robotech toy line ("Civil Defense" or somesuch), and was re-issued by Playmates. I doubt it would be used by Yamato.

Probably not. That colorway was from the Matchbox Robotech toy line ("Civil Defense" or somesuch), and was re-issued by Playmates. I doubt it would be used by Yamato.

Well its a good thing for spray paints and Airbrush!! If it is strictly from the old RT toy line, then yeah, Yamato won't touch it.

The phalanx looks great, i also hope they do the blue version.

And if Yamato can make a 2 feet long SDF-1 they sure can make a 1/60 monster too.

A 1/60 scale Monster... that destroid would truly earn its name in that scale size!! But agreed Yamato is capable of doing it, just depends how bloody expensive it would be!! people are trippin balls on the SDF-1's supposed price tag.

I like Phalanx, but want to see a Spartan 1/60. thats my favorite!!

I want the gimmick for the Phalanx to be an extended tech crew, with a missile transport vehicle or something.

However they load the missiles - make that happen with this Destroid. I want to display it with the one arm full and the other getting loaded by the crew.

For those that are counting, that's 4 versions per destroid so far. :blink:

Tomahawk standard

Tomahawk weathered

Tomahawk OD Green

Tomahawk OD Green weathered

Vostok 7

So when is the weathered Tomahawk supposed to be released? Thinking of getting the set of anime colored destroids with factory weathering.

Expensive too!!

Yeah, it seems like all the weathered Destroids are commanding a price that is almost double for that of the regular ones. That's outrageous! For that, I'd rather do the weathering myself. I would rather get a regular and olive drab Destroid for the cost of one weathered version.

Yeah, it seems like all the weathered Destroids are commanding a price that is almost double for that of the regular ones. That's outrageous! For that, I'd rather do the weathering myself. I would rather get a regular and olive drab Destroid for the cost of one weathered version.

Yea, especially since weathering kits can be had for a few dollars. I think it is just the exclusivity of the weathered versions.

What's the reasoning for the main sensors being red rather than green? Are they red in DYRL? Or did they just want more contrast for their OD versions?

As for ground crew, isn't it about time we get some space-suited dudes? Might be our only chance to get some of those SDF Macross space ground-crew outfits in plastic.

What's the reasoning for the main sensors being red rather than green? Are they red in DYRL? Or did they just want more contrast for their OD versions?

As for ground crew, isn't it about time we get some space-suited dudes? Might be our only chance to get some of those SDF Macross space ground-crew outfits in plastic.

I had brought this up sometime ago. That would make more sense. The SDF-1 spent more screen time in space in both the series and movie, so space suit crews would have been better. Oh well ...

I had brought this up sometime ago. That would make more sense. The SDF-1 spent more screen time in space in both the series and movie, so space suit crews would have been better. Oh well ...

While the SDF-1 was indeed in space, the people who worked on the Destroids and VF-1 were always within the safety of the SDF-1. Sure, there would have been a need for spacesuits occasionally but I still think the ground crew makes more sense.

I think the ground crew that comes with the destroids goes very well with the Macross Zero stuff in addition to the destroids themselves.

A better argument could be made about the phalanx coming with space suited guys since it was not developed until after the SDF-1 had gone into space and they found that some destroids for ship defense were needed. Even though the Daed and Prometheus were refit for use in space, I'm not sure if they ever made them pressurized. Perhaps certain areas were compartmentalized to keep in air, but as a whole they were just not designed with space operations in mind. Keeping out water is one thing, keeping in air is another matter entirely.

I think Yamato should sell sets of 1/60 scale ground crews separately for people who want to make dioramas and such. They could have different ones for planetary and space.

I don't think it would be a big stretch for them as they've shown ground crews with vehicles in their displays at various shows like Wonderfest before. Granted, they probably didn't make those, but they wouldn't be hard to make and they could use it themselves when displaying new products.

While it's always hard to tell where everyone is I'm pretty sure we see lots of scenes of mechanics inside work areas without any sort space garb. I always got the impression that you had to assume the Daedalus and Prometheus got the full retrofit as otherwise we'd see a lot more scens with guys in helmets. Also, and I'm not making this up, there's been debates on here as to whether or not the Prometheus and Daedalus may have been space worthy from the very beginning (I believe there's an animation error that shows a Prometheus floating in space or something). The scene in Macross Zero where the naval ships float also have some convinced that those naval ships were equipped with anti gravity engines. For my part, I just think it makes sense the Daedalus and Prometheus at some point were made space-worthy and that we see scenes within them with people outside of space suits chatting it up.

PS - I just got my Weathering Edition Defender :ph34r:

While it's always hard to tell where everyone is I'm pretty sure we see lots of scenes of mechanics inside work areas without any sort space garb. I always got the impression that you had to assume the Daedalus and Prometheus got the full retrofit as otherwise we'd see a lot more scens with guys in helmets. Also, and I'm not making this up, there's been debates on here as to whether or not the Prometheus and Daedalus may have been space worthy from the very beginning (I believe there's an animation error that shows a Prometheus floating in space or something). The scene in Macross Zero where the naval ships float also have some convinced that those naval ships were equipped with anti gravity engines. For my part, I just think it makes sense the Daedalus and Prometheus at some point were made space-worthy and that we see scenes within them with people outside of space suits chatting it up.

PS - I just got my Weathering Edition Defender :ph34r:

They where made space worthy after the first FTL jump. If they can move and build a whole city inside of the Macross and create ARMS for the ship, they can make the Daedalus and Proemtheus space/pressure worthy. I am sure that the hanger bays where not though, thats a big space with allot of air you would lose everytime you lifted a valk out to launch it.

If you think about it a boats hull is designed to try to be air tight so you would only have to add more pressure doors and locks and modify the existing HVAC system. Sure it would not be as simple as I am saying here but like I said anyone who could move a whole city inside of a ship (WITH BUILDINGS!) wouldn't have hard time converting them. And no I don't think naval ships where eqiuped with anitgav engines, why would you? The only reason I think those ships float in Zero was because of the artifact.

Edited by logos

I don't care to participate in the MacZero debate but I do remember someone pointing out that the artifact actually causes something within the ships themselves to start operating and then the ships float (it's a one second cut scene). That "something" that starts operating looks similar to the anti grav system from the original Macross. So, while I personally would prefer it that the AFOS somehow lifted everything out of the water there's some visual evidence that maybe those ships were already capable of lifting themselves out of water.

As to the hangars of the Daedalus and Prometheus, again, I'd have to point to the cartoon. I'm pretty sure we don't see anyone wearing space suits in the hangars.

Looking forward to the review on scorched earth.

I have a poll running now to see what my next post should be, you should vote :)

Edited by jenius