Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

1/60 Yamato Destroid Defender Olive Drab

NOOOOOOOOOOO! :angry: Does anyone know when this comes on sale? :mellow: Crap and I was planning on buying a 1/60 VF-1A Max....... maybe I'll do both if the exchange rate improves...... ^_^

Now what to do with me Yellow defender....... I think I am going to gay that one up and get the rest in OD green.

Edited by logos

these are cool but they would be last on my list of figures to buy after all valkyries are bought. i still have my 1/72 matchbox and exosquad destroids that still display well with my 1/72 valkyries and they will have to suffice for now. don't really need any 1/60 versions at the moment. they are pretty expensive for nontransforming. a light up feature would have been cool.

Thanks to Lynx7725! I did not know the hips dropped down and that does actually add allot more range of movement. As shown here:

Damn that's some fine pose-ability! I couldn't do that with my valks without some kind of support!

OMG they look like they're dancing. How'd you do that?

Now they just need to make the Cheyenne and Cheyenne II and they'll have made pretty much all the destroids I will buy ^_^

Vostok 7

And logos can have his dance troupe... The Dancing Destroids! I already have it in my mind, a posey of Destroid's pirouetting gracefully to Sheryl's "Brother Spaceship".

Don't laugh.....actually laugh. :lol: I'll will do it just to post a photo here when the Spartan comes out!

I did try to do something similar with my valks but those novelty Mcdonalds hockey jerseys are just to small for 1/60s. If I had 1/72s I think I could make something work. Tried with the 1/100 I have and it just doesn't work. :unsure:

post-9075-1232469425_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

Don't laugh.....actually laugh. :lol: I'll will do it just to post a photo here when the Spartan comes out!

I did try to do something similar with my valks but those novelty Mcdonalds hockey jerseys are just to small for 1/60s. If I had 1/72s I think I could make something work. Tried with the 1/100 I have and it just doesn't work. :unsure:

Try using a neon pink scrunchie! It could be classified as 'research' for your Destroid Dance Duo!

Edited by edwin3060

Nope. This time it will be khaki green!

I think he meant after the OD Green Defender, we'll get a OD Green weathered version, same as the Tomahawk.

For those that are counting, that's 4 versions per destroid so far. :blink:

Tomahawk standard

Tomahawk weathered

Tomahawk OD Green

Tomahawk OD Green weathered

Defender standard

Defender weathered (have we seen this one yet?)

Defender OD Green

Defender OD Green weathered

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Just an FYI, the Weathering Defender was linked to a page or two back, it's also on Yamato's site.

Oh, now that you mention it, I remember it. Guess I just didn't pay attention because it doesn't interest me nearly as much as the OD Defender.

Vostok 7

Phalanx is a definite.

Spartan probably not, as it needs completely new tooling, which is expensive and would be a gamble for Yamatyo wheather it would be sell well enough.

Graham

Any idea if Yamato's happy with their 1/60 Destroid sales so far? It would be such a let down to have 3 out of 4.

Phalanx is a definite.

Spartan probably not, as it needs completely new tooling, which is expensive and would be a gamble for Yamatyo wheather it would be sell well enough.

Graham

Makes sense. Even the Cheyennes share similar leg units with the other three...

...So are they going to make them???? ^_^:lol:

Vostok 7

Come on folks, have a little faith. If Yamato went through the trouble of making an all new mold for one destroid, and all new upper torsos for others, why wouldn't they make an all new Spartan mold? Granted the Spartan does have less exploitability. But it does have the advantage of having been piloted by Hikaru in 1 episode. Besides, it's not like the Spartan has/needs a complex transformation system.

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised to see a 1/60 Spartan come out sometime late this year.