Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

I thought we were about to have a unique thread for each destroid. Anyway, Defender weathering edition is available for order next week. I'm just reiterating that because last time I almost missed the tomahawk weathering window so people, you don't have much time to make up your mind. Retail looks like it's nearly $140 at today's rates plus shipping (to whoever gets it for you), plus a finders fee, plus shipping to the US.

EDIT - Obviously, if you're not in the US, your exchange rate and final shipping will vary.

Edited by jenius

There should be a new thread for each toy release. I don't want to sift backwards through seven pages of "Looks Cool" to find a picture. It has been a real drag with these threads that combine all versions of one scale.

On a car site they don't have 92 page threads on new rims.

Edited by hirohawa

So much for my Destroids thread entering the forum's hall of fame. Anyway, I agree, we should probably have a thread for each model, not for each color variant tho'. That'd be a nightmare.

BTW: We keep posting the same pic of the Monster over and over. Was that the only pic taken on that show?

As far as I remember, yes. It was from one of Blackaces massive photoblogs. I think that links gone though.

Do you have a link to that? The cover of that mag is so small and it looks like a regular Tomahawk to me. A weathered OD Tomahawk sounds too dark...

Ask and you shall receive (pic courtesy of MW charger69)!!

The lighter weathering suits the OD very well ^_^

post-557-1232048619_thumb.jpg

I Hope the Spartan is next, that was always my favorite design. Just think, for once a Spartan toy with working missile bays, its gonna be sweet!! B))

I hope so too. I will pass on the Phalanx. Just isnt much there to justify 150 dollars. Maybe if the came out with the Phalanx upper torso that you can switch out on the defender or the Tomahawk. Besides the Spartan has completely different legs and upper torso Design. If it had the middle cannons come out from the chest, the missile bays and the club that would definitely be worth the purchase

Anyone have some good pictures of the spartan or the Phalanx? Just for reference.

I hope so too. I will pass on the Phalanx. Just isnt much there to justify 150 dollars. Maybe if the came out with the Phalanx upper torso that you can switch out on the defender or the Tomahawk. Besides the Spartan has completely different legs and upper torso Design. If it had the middle cannons come out from the chest, the missile bays and the club that would definitely be worth the purchase

Anyone have some good pictures of the spartan or the Phalanx? Just for reference.

One more thing. GRAHAM-if your reading this. Did you ever ask the Yamiboys if they are EVA going to make the commander battlepod. I really loved that Mech. It was such a badass looking mech that I often remember it on the cover or Battletech strategy books

teehee

Sheesh, is that something you own? Is that a resin kit? Very cool looking. It would be awesome if yamato makes the monster even if not in 1/60 scale. Although I was ready to shell out the $300 for it back when. Now, egads it would be a pretty penny with the exchange rate!

Thanks to Lynx7725! I did not know the hips dropped down and that does actually add allot more range of movement. As shown here:

Damn that's some fine pose-ability! I couldn't do that with my valks without some kind of support!

post-9075-1232126072_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1232126095_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1232126173_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1232126541_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1232126584_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1232126606_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

You're having way too much fun with those Destroids. ;)

It's this or work on the assembly/parts manual for a new "small" 31' seeding implement that we are making for the European market. Since it's Friday and no-one is looking............ :lol:

Edited by logos

Thanks to Lynx7725! I did not know the hips dropped down and that does actually add allot more range of movement. As shown here:

Damn that's some fine pose-ability! I couldn't do that with my valks without some kind of support!

Haha your series of pictures (both the first set and the second) makes it look like your Destroids are dancing!

Haha your series of pictures (both the first set and the second) makes it look like your Destroids are dancing!

Actually I was kind of going for the figure skating look..... ^_^ but your right! Canadians got snow on the brain don't ya know :wacko:

Anyway once the Spartan comes out I was thinking of putting the defender in a some kind of lift pose! :blink:

Thank god it is Friday!

Edited by logos

Actually I was kind of going for the figure skating look..... ^_^ but your right! Canadians got snow on the brain don't ya know :wacko:

Anyway once the Spartan comes out I was thinking of putting the defender in a some kind of lift pose! :blink:

Thank god it is Friday!

TGIF indeed. Actually your first set of pictures makes it seem like your destroids are pirouetting on the spot :p All that's missing are the pink tutus.

Thanks to Lynx7725! I did not know the hips dropped down and that does actually add allot more range of movement.

I did? :blink::blink::blink:

Ur, yeah, of course I did! :p

Anyhow, I not very happy with the "milking of the mold" but I guess it's part and parcel of the biz. But, if we're going to have that, why not do something special with it? We could always have the Destroid equivalent of the Minmay Guard... or Thunderhummers.

Anyhow, I not very happy with the "milking of the mold" but I guess it's part and parcel of the biz. But, if we're going to have that, why not do something special with it? We could always have the Destroid equivalent of the Minmay Guard... or Thunderhummers.

You never know, it just might happen! That would be rather sad though-- I'd rather Yamato come up with new products than just release different colours of old ones.

I could have sworn it was you who posted it in the previous destroid thread....of course you probably weren't the only one to mention it.

"2. Hip posability still sucks. Yes, I know about the drop down hips. It still sucks. The arms can be extended out and that's a nice touch. "

Oh and pink tutus..... if I am in the dollar store and I run into a scrunchy or something I can modify that would fit I......... :lol:.......... :blink:

Edited by logos