Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

With all such response fm us, why should Yamato be worried that the Spartan wud not sell well? In fact I think it is most people's favourite (incldg myself) amongst the destroids.

Let's hope.

I wouldn't mind paying a little bit more considering it would probably be totally different molds for everything.

Edited by logos

Phalanx is a definite.

Spartan probably not, as it needs completely new tooling, which is expensive and would be a gamble for Yamatyo wheather it would be sell well enough.

Graham

I am shocked!

If they care to release VF-11B -- no offense, but I think there are more fans for Spartan than VF-11B - why not the Spartan?

And also notice that

- VF-11B will take more engineering effort for transformation

- it's a bigger model, so it costs more for manufacturing, storage and shipping/ transportation

I cannot understand the rationality.

BTW, I would vote Spartan too for my most favorite Destroid.

Edited by ff95gj

In the end I think it will all depend on how well all the other destroids are selling. Lets try not to speculate till someone actually hears or sees something.

Edited by logos

Just got my OD Green Tomahawk. I'm impressed! Anyone who really says the Destroids are overpriced clearly doesn't own one yet (which would include me!). There's a surprising amount of die-cast pieces in the interior of these things at the main stress points! The OD Green one seems to be the best value too since it has a metal antenna piece as well. Well well worth the $89 I paid for it! Can't wait for the OD Green Defender!

Vostok 7

Yeah the articulation is crazy (and makes it worth the price IMO)! Note that they aren't propped up by anything! Also I am noticing that after a little while the ankles are getting a little loose but as long as it balances it holds to pose.

post-9075-1233349580_thumb.jpg

post-9075-1233349953_thumb.jpg

Edited by logos

What do you guys think the chances are that Yamato will make the Cheyenne destroid from Mac 0 after they are done with the Macross line of destroids?

I think that thing would be cool to have. It would be nice if they could design it with rotating gun barrels and deployable wheels so that it can roll around.

Actually, come to think of it, an Octos would be pretty awesome too.

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Yeah the articulation is crazy (and makes it worth the price IMO)! Note that they aren't propped up by anything! Also I am noticing that after a little while the ankles are getting a little loose but as long as it balances it holds to pose.

Those Tachikomas look small compare to the Macross stuff. :lol:

Did u guys apply stickers on yr destroids? I just finished the stickers on my Defender & Tomahawk OD & find it really enhances the looks. I try post some pics later tonite.

Edited by Javabean

Hmm, does the OD Tomahawk normally come with two sets of stickers? Mine only came with a bunch of white lines.

Also, one of the heels on the back part of the foot broke off on mine, the screw was stripped. The whole foot "frame" would need to be replaced, but I wonder if I could just fill it with something and then try putting the screw back. Dunno. If I'm missing a sticker sheet, then I really need to see if I can get Overdrive to fix it.

Vostok 7

Hmm, does the OD Tomahawk normally come with two sets of stickers? Mine only came with a bunch of white lines.

Also, one of the heels on the back part of the foot broke off on mine, the screw was stripped. The whole foot "frame" would need to be replaced, but I wonder if I could just fill it with something and then try putting the screw back. Dunno. If I'm missing a sticker sheet, then I really need to see if I can get Overdrive to fix it.

Vostok 7

All I got was white stickers. I borrowed some from the defender sheet to add some other decals that I wanted.

Sucks that your heel broke off. I don`t think I have that problem on mine but I will check them on Monday and let you know. Have you possibly found the Destroid`s achillies heel!? Somebody had to say it! :lol: Try an opoxy like J-B weld. I find it works miracles for striped screw holes. If the screw is stripped to try using a new screw if you can find one cause you want to use a good screw to retap the hole.

Edited by logos

Here are the my stickered Destroids

RIMG0864.jpg

I used the leftover stickers fm the standard Tomahawk for the OD as I hate the contrast of given white stickers. With some imaginations, created my own Tomahawk OD stickers.

RIMG0863.jpg

RIMG0865.jpg

Edited by Javabean

Yeah!!! I just got my defender in the mail (Finally) shipped SAL from HLJ. I am already quite impressed with this figure. It is very sturdy, has great articulation, cool features and it looks fantastic.

I am going to panel line it with a gundam marker first. Then I may try to do some custom decals on it and/or some light weathering. I am very excited.

I have found that it looks really cool with the shoulder parts taken off and the cockpit cover removed exposing the pilot. I will be displaying it like that probably. I have to say it looks much better in person than in the pictures. I am very happy with this purchase. Great work Yamato! Thanks.

Was the Defender really that mustard color in the anime? I remember it being a little more subdued.

Just the camera and the lighting. My defender looks like that too when I take pics with the flash.

On Jenius's great Defender review he shows a feature I hadn't seen yet. There's an extra piece of the cockpit that comes off to show more of the detailed interior.

If they really wanted to go crazy there is a hatch below the eye sensor that should open. The Monster has that type of escape hatch as well I think.

Wish this mech could have been better featured in Macross. Maybe just one scene where a nameless squad runs down the metal planking, jumps into their Defenders, the light above slowly spilling into the cockpits as the overhead hatches open, they're clicking away firing up their destroids as the hydraulic lifts hoist them into the open space - they surprise a squad of Regults melting their way into the SDF-1, hell breaks loose and shells go everywhere . . .

Maybe in the Live Action Movie . . .