Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

Pencil lines are too shiny. Makes it look like you have silver embedded in your panel lines.

If you use a really soft lead (6B or softer), that shiny look tends to disappear, but it's hard to keep it sharp enough to fit in the panel lines and it smudges easily while you're working, leaving lots of cleanup after the fact. Works great if you shave it and apply with a brush for other weathering purposes, though (soot, etc.).

I've been using a sort of mechanical pencil with a thin lead. It hasnt smudged yet, and I've transformed it a few times. The soot effect is pretty good. When the destroid arrives will try the gundam markers to line it.

No Spartan would suck! :angry: That's my favorite one!

Anyway I saw that Overdrive has the OD green Defender up for Pre-order now.

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...c8176a2239bd167

No Mk. II Monster would suck even more actually imho...the Tomahawk and the Mk. II Monster are my favourites actually.

Spartan is nice too though.

Hope that they release a Monster....

Here are some of my destroids photos. I weathered the OG Tomahawk and applied stickers on it. It took me the entire day just to apply the stickers but worth the time. The weathering took me another day. Applied some metal stretches effects on it. Not sure if you guys could see it. I do have to comment on Yamato's sticker though. It's not really that great and I wish they could give us water decals as well. Something like Bandai's 1/72 MF kits.

Enjoy. Love my destroids and will weather all of them later.

Cheers.

ikhii

These are really nice! The customization really adds a sense of realism to the destroids especially since they are the "work horses" of the U.N. Spacy armanda. Your work is inspiring me to try out customizing as well...reading up on them now...

I have always loved the Destroids more than the Valkryies... Yeah stupid i know. I guess i always loved armoured land vehicles more than planes and the destroids just strike a certain chord in me ... i always thought that the destroids will never get a release and it was only until recently that i saw the 1/60 Yamato Destroid Tomahawk and fell in love with the OG ver.

8e521b2b.jpg

It is my 2nd favourite destroid after the Mk. 2 Monster but no releases of the Monster yet. I just love the Nose Art. I prefer WWII planes with their Nose Art and yes, the Spitfire and the B-17 "Flying Fortess" (Yes! I loved the movie Memphis Belle).

valkyries036.jpg

valkyries038.jpg

Hope you all don't mind me rumbling ...

Edited by silenthill

Great stuff there ikhii. Which color Tamiya weathering master did you use on the tomahawk and on the defender?

Hi Miriya, I use Oil stain color on most of my destroids and also some orange rust. Mix them here and there and final touch up with silver paint for scratch effects.

These are really nice! The customization really adds a sense of realism to the destroids especially since they are the "work horses" of the U.N. Spacy armanda. Your work is inspiring me to try out customizing as well...reading up on them now...

I'm glad to hear that silenthill.

I am pleased that most of you like it. Thanks and more better pics to come. Oh, more surprise will be coming ya way. Promise ya that.

Cheers,

ikhii

eer.. More Destroids anyone? .... :p

post-3479-1234502406_thumb.jpg

Edited by ikhii

I'm glad to hear that silenthill.

I am pleased that most of you like it. Thanks and more better pics to come. Oh, more surprise will be coming ya way. Promise ya that.

Cheers,

ikhii

eer.. More Destroids anyone? .... :p

Crap dude, i don't just like it, i LOVED it... so much so that i even posted your mod on my country's local forum (hope you didn't mind), it is just too good not to share with my peeps at home and peeps love it too!

i particularly liked the scratches and the kill count...although i am not sure if a destroid is likely to chalk up that many because they all seem like cannon fodder in the series!

Destorids forever!

btw, i would love to see what you would do if Yamato ever released a Mk. II Monster... maybe even a new nose art by you!

Recently got the tomahawk in the mail -and I must say, it is brilliant! Certainly dont regret buying it, the quality is top notch! If anyone thinks the price point is too high because you don't get ennough in it.... think again. It is expensive, but to be honest, I think its worth it! I may even get another one...

Recently got the tomahawk in the mail -and I must say, it is brilliant! Certainly dont regret buying it, the quality is top notch! If anyone thinks the price point is too high because you don't get ennough in it.... think again. It is expensive, but to be honest, I think its worth it! I may even get another one...

Exactly. I admit, I was one of those "Bah! It's too expensive!" types too, until I bought one. Now I'm not holding out anymore, I WILL be buying the OD Defender when it comes out!

Vostok 7

Got my Defender Weathering Special. This is a great piece.

I took this pic in my cube and threw some disc drive packaging material behind him.

A few quick comments:

• My ammo packs do not click in very firmly, especially the large ones. Anybody else have that same issue?

• Love the detail in the cockpit. Is there any scenerio where it would be ok to display with the main door off so you could see in better? I suppose if the techs were craning it back into place after repair, but the pilot would not likely be sitting there waiting to get sealed in.

• Liked that they took out the floppy waist joint of the Tomahawk.

• Chest lights would be the only way to seriously improve upon this Defender - its awesome.

post-8486-1235767160_thumb.jpg

• My ammo packs do not click in very firmly, especially the large ones. Anybody else have that same issue?

Yeah they are a bit finicky. Don't try to force it to much or you will break the bars on the ammo packs or in my case cause them to sperate in half (just re-glued the seams and it was fine.). They kind of rotate and clip in from the back down and slide back at the same time? Don't have it in front of me right now so I can't be sure. They will get in there firm and tight and once you figure out how to do it it will be fine.

I really got to get around to weathering mine by the way. Ack!

Yes! Now all I need is a Spartan and a 1/60 Cannon Fodder Valk and my Line of the "Red Shirts" will be complete! :p

Seriously though I hope the flap for the missile cover doesn't have the giant "M" on it (just a decal on the sticker sheet). That was the only reason I did not like this Destroid in the first place.

Edit: Oh and how many months afterwards do you think the OD green will come out? 3 or 4? I can remember the what the release date difference where on the Toma and the Defender. It's got to match my OD Tomahawk if I get one.

Edited by logos

Phalanx looks promising.

Does Yamato ever intend to release versions of the destroids that have ALL the markings tampoed on? I'd love to see destroids in the classic colors, no weathering, and with all the classic markings tampoed on. But unless or until they release them like that I'll probably stay away. Though a Spartan might tempt me regardless.

Also, I wonder if they'd ever make this variant: post-407-1235928754_thumb.jpg

Edited by Californium

I wonder what the Phalanx's gimmick is going to be? The Defender had the Moveable optic sensor and extra ammo drums. The Tomahawk had the missile bays and the extra articulation in the waist. I imagine that if the Spartan ever came out it would have the pop out weapons pod in the middle but what about the Phalanx? Have to admit I am not familiar enough with it.