Official Yamato 1/60 Scale Destroid Thread

Graham

About Hikaru piloting the Spartan in the TV series, Yamato could just pack the toy with a Hikaru pilot figure and label the box as "Destroid Spartan Hikaru Type" or something like that to spark more interest in potential buyers.

I know squat about marketing, so if anyone feels like bashing my idea with smart marketing theories, save it: I'm merely wishful thinking.

Actually your idea is a pretty good one, especially is Yamato is worried about making a profit on it, All gimmicks are a good one!! B))

How about this idea:

The Spartan comes with a full ground crew, 10 strong, with 3 vehicles; missile truck, missile loading crane or something, and a 6 wheel jeep.

OR

It comes with a full bay area that let's you display up to 4 destroids at once, plus the full ground crew!?! All for $149.99.

Who among us could resist?!?! Not only would it spark everyone who already bought even one destroid, it would also pull in all the 1/60 VF owners and get other into buying the destroid squad that were previously on the fence . . .

How about this idea:

The Spartan comes with a full ground crew, 10 strong, with 3 vehicles; missile truck, missile loading crane or something, and a 6 wheel jeep.

Actually, this isn't too bad. Say a full ground crew for Destroids, plus a few for Valks? I'll pick up one for the Spartan, for sure, but that ground crew set would definitely be a big plus point.

How about the Spartan comes with standing figures of all the main Macross pilot cast. That way there, if you want Hikaru and Roy standing next to their Valks then you have to buy the Spartan.

Sold! I still want missile trucks and more crew though - maybe they'll come with the TV version 1/60 Monster . . .

I just want to get at least the Phalanx, especially after seeing the prototype. I really want a Spartan too as it's one of my favorite Destroids.

Here's a thought Yamato... Put it in a 2-pack with a TV Queadluun-Rau, like a battle pack! A lot of fans want that too, so kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

Hey Overdrive has the Destroids on sale for $73.99US:

Macross - 1/60 MBR-04-Mk VI Destroid Tomahawk

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...products_id=531

Macross - 1/60 MBR-04-Mk X Destroid Defender

http://www.over-drive-inc.com/store/produc...products_id=930

Edited by logos

No I just thought it was a good deal. Especially with some of those here who thought that the VF-1s and Destroids where too expensive. I'm from Canada eh.

Edited by logos

I do not have a Tomahawk but could someone who has one tell me or show me with pictures how removeable the "head" is. My vision is this, to get one and remove the head, keeping the cockpit though, and make a clear canopy type cockpit cover to replace the "head". Is that possible or simple? At least in terms of taking off the head and keeping the cockpit? I know that it can angle forwards but is it easily removed? And if anyone is so daring and kind could such a person actually take it off and post a picture or two?

Wow, you must really dislike the Tomo's head! Sounds like a fun idea tho'. I'd like to see the results.

I sure do. It just looks like a silly happy face to me most of the time. The cannons being the eyes and the visor being the mouth.

Here you go.

Hope it helps.

As far as the 'head' of a Tomahawk, there isn't one. It's contained in the center torso section, which slides awat from the rear (As seen in the pic).

Thank you for the picture. That helps but does that part, where we can see the pilot underneath, the whole thing, except for the cockpit and pilot, come off? Or easily modified?

med_gallery_4840_100_13546.jpg

I sure do. It just looks like a silly happy face to me most of the time. The cannons being the eyes and the visor being the mouth.

Thank you for the picture. That helps but does that part, where we can see the pilot underneath, the whole thing, except for the cockpit and pilot, come off? Or easily modified?

med_gallery_4840_100_13546.jpg

Nope, Nope, and Nope.

The only movement is the cockpit hatch, sliding forward, and then slightly downward... That's it.

The 'head' unit is intefrally formed into the center torso. It does not come off.

Here's some pics you might get some help from...

Took 'em myself, too! hehehe

The only real possibility of taking the hatch cover off that I can see is these four screws on the back of the center torso.

post-11341-1241388334_thumb.jpg

And, in these other shots, you can see that the hatch is completely integral to the center torso... On shot even has interior details of the cockpit... for those purists out there...

post-11341-1241388447_thumb.jpg

post-11341-1241388505_thumb.jpg

And, the interior detail shot...

post-11341-1241388562_thumb.jpg

Therre you go... Again, I hope it helps.

\

Thank you very much Robelwell202,

That is Very helpful. Especially your last detail shots here. I think that it will be workable somehow. At least if I do get one I could unscrew all that stuff and see what parts it breaks down to. And at very least I could take some tools to it and do some mecha surgery. Thanks again.

Thank you very much Robelwell202,

That is Very helpful. Especially your last detail shots here. I think that it will be workable somehow. At least if I do get one I could unscrew all that stuff and see what parts it breaks down to. And at very least I could take some tools to it and do some mecha surgery. Thanks again.

Glad I could help.

Now I don't feel like a noob, any more... I can actually answer a quetion! YAY!!! I made it to the big time!!!

B))B)):lol::lol:

Glad I could help.

Now I don't feel like a noob, any more... I can actually answer a quetion! YAY!!! I made it to the big time!!!

B))B)):lol::lol:

For sure. Dont worry about post numbers. Your posts here were very helpful for me for a potential custom job. Thanks for contributing. This is a great forum with a lot of fans and hobbyists helping each other out. You are a valuable member too.

Keep hanging here and before long you will be broke having spent all your money on Yamato Macross figures, you will be staved and malnurished from eating only top ramen so that you can spend whatever money you do have on yamato macross figures, you will have no social life or girl frineds because you would rather spend $100 on another destroid instead of taking a hot girl out on a date, but you will be supported emotionally by an international forum of over 8thousand macross geeks who know more about the supervision army and the meltraendi than anything else.

welcome home! :lol:

For sure. Dont worry about post numbers. Your posts here were very helpful for me for a potential custom job. Thanks for contributing. This is a great forum with a lot of fans and hobbyists helping each other out. You are a valuable member too.

Keep hanging here and before long you will be broke having spent all your money on Yamato Macross figures, you will be staved and malnurished from eating only top ramen so that you can spend whatever money you do have on yamato macross figures, you will have no social life or girl frineds because you would rather spend $100 on another destroid instead of taking a hot girl out on a date, but you will be supported emotionally by an international forum of over 8thousand macross geeks who know more about the supervision army and the meltraendi than anything else.

welcome home! :lol:

I thank you. It's good to know I'm not the only one out there. :lol:

Umm, you know the head machine guns are articulated, and you could just pose them pointing up, right? That oughta destroy the frog head look.

Hey M¡riya, I was thinking that you could sand down the head and putty it up changing the basic shape to your taste and keeping the openning cockpit gimmick. Just make sure to make sketches of the new head from all sides till you're satisfied with the design.

Thanks. That is a good idea. Now i have lots to think about.