Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Has anyone posted a Beagle movie on the net yet?

All i can find is this old one:

Yeah thats an older clip, I'm sure the guys from Collection DX or some else who can use a camera without the "Blair witch effect" will post a full review shortly!! B))

I'm quite afraid at this point I won't be able to get my review up before I go to Orange County this weekend. I've spent an hour and a half taking photos of the toy and haven't even tried transforming it yet. For any of you who have floppy neck syndrome, the best fix I've found for any ball joint that gets floppy is to just cut a tiny piece of clear tape and apply it to the bottom of the ball before putting it in the socket, this generally provides the extra necessary resistance without any threat of damaging anything.

I wonder if vendors will now send all their Maia stock back to Toynami rather than marking it down. I was waiting for these to get to the $49.99 price before I bought one but now I'm afraid that won't happen now. They'll stay at $79.99 and then 50 days from now all the vendors will just ship the leftover stock to Toynami.

I have emailed the company that sold me the Maia and I also emailed Toynami. I want to get rid of this thing even though I already shipped back to Toynami the first one because it was broken. The replacement one I received has a problem with the head not sitting right, the shoulder gun pod won't go into the hole and I'm afraid it will fall apart every thime I transform it. I also want the planned better version arriving this summer that should have the corrected intakes.

I posted this a few pages back but every one is so busy flapping on about the beagle! :rolleyes: So here is my question again:

Has there been any news on when MegaHouse will be releasing the Fouquet / Rook ride armor?

I tried looking up some info on the MegaHouse web site but it is all in Japanese and google translate wasnt much help.

I posted this a few pages back but every one is so busy flapping on about the beagle! :rolleyes: So here is my question again:

Has there been any news on when MegaHouse will be releasing the Fouquet / Rook ride armor?

I tried looking up some info on the MegaHouse web site but it is all in Japanese and google translate wasnt much help.

So far the only other Ride-Armor seen is the Ley/Rand type, which should be out pretty soon. But have no fear. Beagle is making a good reputation for its self quickly, The other Ride-Armors will follow soon!! And yellow's will be 1st on my list!! B))

So far the only other Ride-Armor seen is the Ley/Rand type, which should be out pretty soon. But have no fear. Beagle is making a good reputation for its self quickly, The other Ride-Armors will follow soon!! And yellow's will be 1st on my list!! B))

Spiff is asking about the "MEGAHOUSE" Fouquet release, not the possible Beagle :lol:

Spiff, there's no new news about the Fouquet release :mellow:

Spiff is asking about the "MEGAHOUSE" Fouquet release, not the possible Beagle :lol:

I can confirm that there is no news about a Mega House Houquet/Fuke version. The next two Mega House releases will be men. There are toy events coming up in Japan though so I wouldn't be surprised if we hear more news soon..

Yeah, Save said that the Mega Hobby Expo early next mont in Japan might have some info, other than that, yeah, there has been no news of a MegaHouse Fouquet release.

Thanks for those clothless pics eyesonme78 :)

I wouldn't be too concerned with the Toynami version of the Ride Armour. Afterall they're basically doing what they did with the MegaHouse release except for the packaging and the new had sculpts. They would be completely out of their senses not to be using the same factory for thir production run as Beagle used, not doing so means training new staff and setting up production in a new premesis, huge costs would be involved with that. Essentially it's not going to save them money changing factories. Assembling the Beagle RA requires high-end production assembley workers. Plus it looks like they have just learned what happens when you change to a new factory from the looks of the Maia Alpha recall... :p

Thanks for the sticky-tape tip for the neck fix jenius, that worked really well :wacko:

You didn't use two sided tape did you? Just a piece of clear Scotch tape applied to the bottom of the ball. I had to use it on mine too :(

Yep, just a trimmed thin strip of one-sided Scotch tape applied to the ball-joint, worked like a charm :)

I wanted to point this out to anyone who owns a Beagle, some may have taken note of this, but Yacolog has a nice warning about a possible rub-point on the Beagle at his blog, and his fix:

Poorly translated version:

http://209.85.173.100/translate_c?hl=en&am...WvfpH1pEdq-vK-Q

Original Japanese:

http://wildcats.pupui.jp/mt/archives/2009/...eview_pa_5.html

He says to cover the screw on the groin armor BEFORE your first transformation. It looks like he used a piece cut from a thin sticky rubber sheet (should be available at a hobby shop) but I would think electrical tape would work as well (I wouldn't recommend standard cellophane "Scotch" tape, it can be VERY difficult to remove, especially over time and won't provide much protection). Those who mentioned issues with this piece of armor just "sitting there" instead of locking in to anything, maybe it would be possible to use a re-stickable piece of double stick tape? If such a thing exists? :wacko: I was going to explore that whenever mine shows up, since I believe a member mentioned that the groin armor flap just "sits there" and can flop around in Armor mode.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Whoooops, didn't have my morning coffee yet before reading that one clearly!! :rolleyes:

Yeah thats an older clip, I'm sure the guys from Collection DX or some else who can use a camera without the "Blair witch effect" will post a full review shortly!! B))

Yes we will. Mine is in the mail as I type this and expected Friday. Soooo I should have the video review up by Sunday night latest. And yes, we will be shooting it in HD. :)

Thanks guys for your replies. No news of new news! Dang... You gotta think the MH fouquet can't be too far off, right?? I hope they have had good enough sales to justify making a new mold for her ride armor. Any one know how they have done?

Yes we will. Mine is in the mail as I type this and expected Friday. Soooo I should have the video review up by Sunday night latest. And yes, we will be shooting it in HD. :)

Hey Atomski, I'll be looking forward to seeing your review!! ;) Youtube?

This quote from RT.com made me lol.

"5) Many fans are disgruntled at the quality of the entire line of Alphas. Is there a possibility of having the entire line remade by the same factory that made the Beta?

We haven't heard of any widespread quality issues with the Alpha Fighters, and there are no plans to re-produce them in those original decos." - Toynami

"5) Many fans are disgruntled at the quality of the entire line of Alphas. Is there a possibility of having the entire line remade by the same factory that made the Beta?

We haven't heard of any widespread quality issues with the Alpha Fighters, and there are no plans to re-produce them in those original decos." - Toynami

That's pretty asinine. <_<

I e-mailed them once with suggestions about how to best design the Beta (mostly rachet-jointing certain parts), and I'm certain I mentioned the Floppy Arm Syndrome on the Alphas in that e-mail.

If they consider this more of a design flaw, then they're just being petty about semantics. :rolleyes:

But enough talk about Toynami's deluded perception of reality......Let's get back to them Beagles!

Working hard on my Beagle review. Looks like I'm going to have to do something a bit lame though due to time constraints before my weekend getaway. I think tomorrow night I'll be putting up an initial post but it will only have a few pics. Then on Monday I'll update that post with a lot more pics.

Working hard on my Beagle review. Looks like I'm going to have to do something a bit lame though due to time constraints before my weekend getaway. I think tomorrow night I'll be putting up an initial post but it will only have a few pics. Then on Monday I'll update that post with a lot more pics.

Any initial impressions you can share? Do you see the Beagle getting as good or better of a score than the Toynami Beta, for instance?

Vostok 7

Wow...just wow....how big of a ******* liar is that guy or girl??? I guess until EVERY alpha has been reported, it's not "widespread"....

Edited by protostar8

My Beagle should arrive tomorrow and the tracking number should be sent to me when it ships.

Since I only live 30 minutes from Over-drive, should I expect the tracking number today or would it arrive tomorrow morning?

I'm still waiting for mine :(, Keep feeding us pictures (and online movies) please ^_^

Overdrive shipped mine last saturday and this monday it arrived to Argentina, South America. That´s really fast!!

I'm waiting for the "not enough qualified" morons at the Post Office to send me the invoice so I can pick it up at customs. I'll probably get the invoice tomorrow when the Post Office is closed so I'll have to wait until monday <_<

If I'm lucky enough I'll post pics tomorrow :ph34r:

tat's getting harder and harder to find pics! pics! hahah..

anyways i had a good look at the beagle cyclone, i would say the feel is similar to gakken except and slim down Gakken.

But proportion wise i am quite happy and the overall is not bad, and though abit expensive, but for a ride armour figurine of this size, i find it is slightly over budget.. but given the years to come..i think i would rather spend abit now.

Okie for the helmet head, i find it is very loose!! But with advice from the guys on MW, i got it ok!

The cyclone itself is a beauty!

and the transformation i have yet to attempt for i intend to keep it inside the box for a while more, as i intend to keep it as fresh as possible with minimum handling.

But hey, if toynami version comes out, i will get one and play.

For the beagle version, it's take out inspect, and put back for treasure keeping.

hahah..

Hey Atomski, I'll be looking forward to seeing your review!! ;) Youtube?

Video always shows first on Youtube, The full article with the video goes up on our main site later the same day or the next day.

Edited by Atomski

I ended up fixing the loose helmeted head with clear nail polish, seems to work quite well as well :-)

A figure that looks fantasic and poses incredibly well AND has the armour act as near to its lineart/onscreen presence as possible ( the forearm armour linked to main body just amazes me!! Love it!) its just incredible! if a person can afford it, they NEED this armour!

Mind you, it ended up costing me nearly $500Aud getting this thing, so basically a weeks wages LOL. But very happy, puts all the others to shame!

I was just looking at the Robotech website, another update for 1-21-09 on those Maia Alpha fighters, looks like the company that produced the Beta fighter-bomber will be making these new re-issued Alphas. Maybe Toynami has finally seen the light? better QC, parts that don't shatter, equals more sales and money! Re-issues on all the MPC Alphas would be great!! B))