Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

The $50 price difference is most likely a simple result of supply and demand, I wouldn't freak out too much over it. Beagle is probably just making much fewer products comparatively for their home market than they are making for Toynami or some other derivation where the pricing works. Cost per unit of the box and the cost of shipping hundreds of pieces from China to Japan vs. China to USA probably are not more than a couple bucks. We'll all know for sure soon enough.

So Jenius, did you get a Beagle Cyclone? I'd like to read your review of it!

My experience is a Shadow (Sue Graham) Alpha, and the Blue (Rand) Beta, and I can tell you there is a WORLD of difference between the two. I agree that QC can be a major issue, but I also think that engineering plays a part, as I feel that the Beta is designed so that there should be far fewer quality issues to begin with. It's a normal design thing, like I do at my job. Where I know that a product may be made by multiple manufacturers, or by a manufacturer which typically has certain QC issues, I plan my design so that it is harder to screw up manufacturing.

Well, either way, we'll just have to wait and see how these turn out.

We will see. I've placed my bet on the Stick-type, but if the Toynami ones end up good then I'll probably get the rest as Toynamis and save a few bucks. I just don't want to wait (I'm impatient! :lol: ), and I just have a hard time trusting (and supporting :wacko: ) Toynami after such a storied history ^_^ But! Don't get me wrong, like I said, I hope that the Toynami versions are good because I want to collect them all and I don't mind saving a few bucks!

Oh, and I understand your argument about the engineering, but Yamato has proven that time and time again even with a flawlessly engineered product, not watching your QC people like a hawk can ruin the whole thing. Yamato's gotten better, but only because everyone constantly complained, and even then there are lemons. Toynami never showed much interest in improving QC... Maybe that's changed with the past few releases, but 3rd degree burns are hard to heal ;)

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Well when it comes down to Toynami & QC its always been an issue for them. I have all 4 of the MPC Alphas, My Stick/Scott is descent, Rook & Rand are sad & the Shadow/Dark Legioss is ok.

But so far lots & lots of people including the guys for Collection DX (who were beyond amazed by its construction!) who have the new MPC Beta/Tread Fighter bomber LOVE IT!! Well built, solid, accurate and above all QC issues free!! aka safe to handle. So who knows maybe the Toynami Cyclones will be as well built and QC issue free!! I mean lets face it, if Toynami can not improve there toy line quality, they'll be out of business!! There are not that many willing to take a bullet for a shotty RT toy now a days, I mean its RT for heaven sakes!! (Someone bashes Robotech)

So will see in time if thing get better, But for now I'm saving up for a Beagle version. B))

Edited by 505thAirborne

We will see. I've placed my bet on the Stick-type, but if the Toynami ones end up good then I'll probably get the rest as Toynamis and save a few bucks. I just don't want to wait (I'm impatient! :lol: ), and I just have a hard time trusting (and supporting :wacko: ) Toynami after such a storied history ^_^ But! Don't get me wrong, like I said, I hope that the Toynami versions are good because I want to collect them all and I don't mind saving a few bucks!

Oh, and I understand your argument about the engineering, but Yamato has proven that time and time again even with a flawlessly engineered product, not watching your QC people like a hawk can ruin the whole thing. Yamato's gotten better, but only because everyone constantly complained, and even then there are lemons. Toynami never showed much interest in improving QC... Maybe that's changed with the past few releases, but 3rd degree burns are hard to heal ;)

Vostok 7

actually, ive never heard anyone saying that the Toynami's Alpha was good, from day one of its release... the only thing nice about it was the fact that it was the most highly anticipated Alpha at that time....

Toynami's bad QC history started off with the VF-1 series, then continues to the Alpha (even up till the Maia release, possibly due to the reuse of the same mold and process)..

But, they have come off better with the Voltron MPC, and the Beta is a solid toy. So i wouldnt lose faith on Toynami as yet ;) Just look at Yamato and their YF-21 and the ver2 VF-1x 1/60... solid and pure win, a far cry from their previous QC-issue ridden offerings :)

Can the kind souls with the Beagle Cyclone please check anywhere in the box or instruction if there is a Beagle website or email address?

Now that the Cyclone is out, will Beagle make a Alpha fighter next?

If I have Beagle's website or email address, I can ask them directly

:blink:

Edited by funkycatspangky

Tab B on their VF-11, anyone? B))

:lol: There was no Tab B on the VF-11. Well, there might have been but it wasn't an issue. The VF-11 had hips that broke with the slightest touch (though mine never broke and I transformed that thing constantly). The Tab B was on the YF-19, but they fixed it pretty quickly.

Those weren't QC issues though, they were mis-engineered.

Vostok 7

guys, one question for help,

can i ask where can i get a decent price mospeada/ robotech cyclone preorder? any recommendations?

Overdrive seems to have the best price on the Beagle version, they're asking $219.99 and shipping is reasonable (the Beagle and a Yamato OD Tomahawk only cost me $54 shipping by EMS!). Considering HLJ is asking over $250 US for the thing and are claiming they won't have it until February, Overdrive might be the best choice.

Robotech.com has the Toynami version for like $199.99, but I haven't looked to find it cheaper anywhere else.

Vostok 7

Here's something I've been toying with over the last couple of days: a Beta Boom Lock based on the stand that comes with the Toynami Beta. I've already built one in SLA (using Somos 14120 resin which is formulated to mimic Polypropylene) and have tested it on my Alpha/Beta combo... it works perfectly (sorry, I don't have access to a digicam to show how it looks on the toy).

post-664-1232495887_thumb.jpg

Edited by mechaninac

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the Shadow is supposed to be one of the better ones!

But I have to ask, why now?

Go Steve!

Vostok 7

It's the MAIA paint scheme that is being recalled, not the normal shadow fighter. I don't really know that the normal one was considered much better than any of the others either but this recall sounds promising.

It's the MAIA paint scheme that is being recalled, not the normal shadow fighter. I don't really know that the normal one was considered much better than any of the others either but this recall sounds promising.

Wow, if it was bad enough for them to take notice it must have been pretty bad, considering how bad the initial Alphas were and they said nothing.

Vostok 7

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: And the Shadow is supposed to be one of the better ones!

But I have to ask, why now?

Go Steve!

Vostok 7

No, no, no, it's supposed to be show accurate with the Haydonites' blessings. Sneaky bastards. :lol:

Prepare to buy it again this summer if you still want it.

My Friend just got his Maia Alpha about a week ago, after he attempted to transform it and it pretty broke all around, Hands crumbled, joints are all #$#%^!&! up!! so on & so on. ( My Scott Alpha is of better quality) So I know he's up for a refund. A real shame, cool paint scheme!!! At least Toynami admitted they were wrong!!! B))

Overdrive seems to have the best price on the Beagle version, they're asking $219.99 and shipping is reasonable (the Beagle and a Yamato OD Tomahawk only cost me $54 shipping by EMS!). Considering HLJ is asking over $250 US for the thing and are claiming they won't have it until February, Overdrive might be the best choice.

Robotech.com has the Toynami version for like $199.99, but I haven't looked to find it cheaper anywhere else.

Vostok 7

Thks.. hahha i think i am aorely tempted to order the green alpha and beta together.. hahah.. but then again.. hard to say..

but many thanks Vostok 7!!

If they just replaced the entire arm, the toy(alpha) would be decent.

I agree, between the tail wings, hands and joints, its the worst part of it. Legs are ok!! But the rear landing by far needs to replaced like on the Beta, I like perfect transformation, but I can live with out it too!! Give me detachable detailed landing gear any day!!!

Edited by 505thAirborne

This recall of the Maia fighter remninds me of the great moment In the Shadow Chronicles When the Regis-and Kathy-Lee says to Marlene

"their fighters are now completely invisible to our sensors"

Despite the fact that there is a giant HD TV showing those very same fighters as clear as day!

has anyone had the problem with the cloth coming away from the shoulder,on mine it,s not sewn or clued I can slide it half way down the bicep!!!

I believe it's a solid piece... and as far as troyness review... I agree in some cases but there is one gripe he has with and that's the connection between the front armor and the connection to the back piece when rider has been placed in. I've had problems with that in the beginning but when I finally broke down and looked at the manual, I had overlooked one crucial step and that's the back armor of the rider which needs to sit perfectly in place by three hook and latch connections between rider's back and armor.

Then the connection issue should be resolved by then and you will hear an audible click on the side armors but I don't remember hearing a click on the connection issue that you have with the crotch in ride armor. Mine sits perfectly well on both items that I've opened, so no probs here.

The rider's head was an issue for me but that was solved easily.

As far as a toy... well Yamato's line are all toys and their as fragile as this toy and I knew coming into purchasing this I wouldn't expect a durable/playable toy when compared to a 1/55 Bandai. So maybe your definition of toy differs with mine.

your a lucky man with the head I,ve tightened it as far as possible,even taken a little bit off the head of the screw(not too bad though) so it,s as tight as it can go

and is still unable to hold a pose longer than an hr or 2.as far as a click goes concerning the crotch piece there isn,t one(if I,m understanding you correctly) it just sits there and comes out easly.I guess we do have a different understanding as a toy is concerned!!Part of the hobby for me atleast is enjoying it,s durability with this I have a (very beautiful..but) expensive paperweight! For me now if I want to retain the remaining tightness of the bike I have no choice but to display it,but it is a beautiful display in it,s own right

While I do agree a few parts can be improved on the beagle I think its reasonably solid. Compared to other ride armor toys which are fiddly messes this one hold together pretty well. On future releases of say Yellow Belmont or Hoquet I hope they improve the crotch and hip armor to lock in better. I wouldn't call the neck floppy, but it can be tighter. It holds a pose just fine, but can be tighter.

yes compared to other ride armors it,s a step up ,I,m no master toy engineer I humbly no nothing,but as inovative as the transformation process is (and maybe it,s just me here) but after they would have had a working prototype ,if they wanted a durable playable toy the friction fit areas that hold most of the bike together should have been stronger.

Did anyone see this coming?

Maia Shadow Fighter Recall!

Keep in mind, you have to PAY to ship it back to them, to then get your refund...

(I'm probably just bitter because when I ordered my Beta I ordered the two Mars Base coffee mugs with it, and when one of them arrived broken, Robotech.com insisted I mail it back to them before they would send me a new one... UPS wanted $12 to ship back a $7.50 mug...)

I have the web address and email address of Beagle.

I just emailed Beagle to ask if they will be making a Mospeada Legioss in the future.

The email was written in English.

Is it possible for some kind souls to translate the below text into Japanese so that I can email to Beagle in Japanese as well?

Thank you.

Dear Beagle,

I wish to ask if you will be making a fully transformable Mospeada Legioss in the near future?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

I'm going to wait for the Toynami. The extra $50 and the extra shipping adds up to be a lot. I hope the Toynami is just as good (fingers crossed). I'm having a hard time waiting though.

This sucker is pretty expensive though. It is the ultimate toy for me, the one I have always wanted and my favorite Mech by a mile. Even liking it that much still can't get me past spending $85+ to get the Beagle right now.

With shipping the Beagle is almost as much money as I spent on a new target pistol for my wife yesterday. And this is no POS. A Walther P22. The Walther will still be workig and unbroken in a 100 years (maybe scratched and faded though). It's hard to compare some plastic shelf art to that. And no, I have no point. :D

Jenius better be working on his review of the Beagle, that's all I'll say ^_^

Vostok 7

I'm quite afraid at this point I won't be able to get my review up before I go to Orange County this weekend. I've spent an hour and a half taking photos of the toy and haven't even tried transforming it yet. For any of you who have floppy neck syndrome, the best fix I've found for any ball joint that gets floppy is to just cut a tiny piece of clear tape and apply it to the bottom of the ball before putting it in the socket, this generally provides the extra necessary resistance without any threat of damaging anything.

I wonder if vendors will now send all their Maia stock back to Toynami rather than marking it down. I was waiting for these to get to the $49.99 price before I bought one but now I'm afraid that won't happen now. They'll stay at $79.99 and then 50 days from now all the vendors will just ship the leftover stock to Toynami.

Here's something I've been toying with over the last couple of days: a Beta Boom Lock based on the stand that comes with the Toynami Beta. I've already built one in SLA (using Somos 14120 resin which is formulated to mimic Polypropylene) and have tested it on my Alpha/Beta combo... it works perfectly (sorry, I don't have access to a digicam to show how it looks on the toy).

post-664-1232495887_thumb.jpg

WHOA :) nice one bro! do post the pictures using the cast u made :) i might want to buy one from you :)