Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Given that they had the luxury of having us wait this long for a toy and to tease us with prototype pics, I would have to whole heartedly say, "they have delivered a solid toy!"

I've only dropped it one time and luckily nothing broke. This thing is the most meticulous piece of toy engineering that I've ever seen.

BTW I bought 3 of them.

OMG...

Given that they had the luxury of having us wait this long for a toy and to tease us with prototype pics, I would have to whole heartedly say, "they have delivered a solid toy!"

I've only dropped it one time and luckily nothing broke. This thing is the most meticulous piece of toy engineering that I've ever seen.

BTW I bought 3 of them.

Dam!! I will repeat that, Dam!! you have 3. Seriously dude, thats awesome!! Hope your saving your $$$ money though as the Ley/Rand type is coming out fairly soon as well. But if there as well designed/built as you & others are stating. My jaw will drop altogether when we see how Yellow/Lancers Ride-Armor looks!! take care man!! B))

Wow, sounds like Beagle hit the slightly overpriced ball out of the park. Impressive for a first effort! I might have to make one of these happen ASAP. Honestly, this is the first time I've looked at a transformable toy (ESPECIALLY a ride-armor) and not been able to pick out all the issues that will drive my perfectionism nuts, and the first time that owner pictures make the thing look just as good as the manufacturer glamor-shots.

I'm impressed. I hope we see more!

Vostok 7

Beta related...

First of all, that thing would not survive re-entry, LOL!

I modded mine a bit... I didn't like how the alpha sat lower than the beta when attached in legioss mode (both in fighter).

I took the white attachment piece off, and cut about 1/2 inch off the end that slides in the beta. Now it can use either one peg on the stand or both. Basicaly, it slides further back in. Doing this causes the legs of the alpha to hit the cockpit unless you pop them way wide and lose the connection at the mid section. So I popped the cockpit off (it's held on by two little plastic pegs where the hinge is, and you can twist/pry a bit to get it off). I found that if you do remove the betas cockpit, you can keep the alpha's legs tight together, and just pop off the arms so that they are loose and able to move around a bit. The alpha now sits about as high up as it can, and the arms can be put all the way up where the two large missle looking things sit, and the alpha looks much more level with the beta. Anyways, I think it looks way better this way. I'm too lazy to post pics, but thought I'd mention it for anyone who wants to try. For good measure I put a little looped tape in the cradle where the alpha sits, because now it's higher up, but still won't pop out unless you knock the whole thing over.

Edit : Pics...

dsc03673rz2.th.jpg

dsc03676qs6.th.jpg

dsc03674sd9.th.jpg

Edited by Pat S

When you look at the pictures of Stick/Scott actually riding his ride-armor, and I mean in a actual seated, gripping the handle bars position, his legs perfectly proportioned on the clutch these Beagles seem well worth the money!! It only took a toy company 20 some years to get it right. I'm glad I didn't get the Megahouse or CM's version, I'm saving up for this one!! B))

Stick is ready to roll out and kick some ass! The more I handle this piece the more I love it. I found transforming the bike back to cycle mode to be much easier than going to ride armor mode. Went through 3cycles of transformation and everything is still holding up just fine.

post-5389-1232307456_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1232307477_thumb.jpg

post-5389-1232307496_thumb.jpg

Stick is ready to roll out and kick some ass! The more I handle this piece the more I love it. I found transforming the bike back to cycle mode to be much easier than going to ride armor mode. Went through 3cycles of transformation and everything is still holding up just fine.

Those pics are frakken awesome!! I love this Ride-armor!! I guess you'll be saving up for Ley's/Rand's Ride-armor when it comes out!! B))

No potentially weak spots? Joints solid? Holds poses well? No floppiness?

Vostok 7

No potentially weak spots? Joints solid? Holds poses well? No floppiness?

Vostok 7

The joints are pretty solid. the knees and fee ratchet! Other joints are probably friction, but feel solid. One the bike the arm guards and hip armor move out of position, but are still attached securely. The windshield could be more secure, but it does the job. At first I thought the neck was floppy, but after tightening the screw and placing the head back on its much better.

In armor mode it can stand on its OWN! I don't recommend it and you should use the stand, but the fact that it can stand with all that crap on the back its amazing!

I would comment that the elbow joint is an odd duck that likes to bend at odd angles. Its not your normal elbow joint.

Something i don't like is how thin the connectors are to pop the hands on too. No cracks are breakage, but take care in swapping the hands.

Did I mention transformation to ride armor mode is ultra complex? Everything on the bike does something so take it slow.

The joints are pretty solid. the knees and fee ratchet! Other joints are probably friction, but feel solid. One the bike the arm guards and hip armor move out of position, but are still attached securely. The windshield could be more secure, but it does the job. At first I thought the neck was floppy, but after tightening the screw and placing the head back on its much better.

In armor mode it can stand on its OWN! I don't recommend it and you should use the stand, but the fact that it can stand with all that crap on the back its amazing!

I would comment that the elbow joint is an odd duck that likes to bend at odd angles. Its not your normal elbow joint.

Something i don't like is how thin the connectors are to pop the hands on too. No cracks are breakage, but take care in swapping the hands.

Did I mention transformation to ride armor mode is ultra complex? Everything on the bike does something so take it slow.

can someone clarify this for me? :huh: is the toynami version the beagle in toynami packaging? is it issentially the sam e toy? Please I am about to order 2 toynami version but I wanna make sure it is the sam e beagle. also does anyone know when the toynami version is due for release?

Wow, is that box ever big.

I handled one at my local Sakuraya and it seemed bigger than the frickin Garland's. Getting mine delivered from Overdrive on Friday. Was going to pick it up myself but don't want to carry that bugger to my meeting.

Is there any need for such a big box? I could house a REAL Beagle in that thing.

Wow, is that box ever big.

I handled one at my local Sakuraya and it seemed bigger than the frickin Garland's. Getting mine delivered from Overdrive on Friday. Was going to pick it up myself but don't want to carry that bugger to my meeting.

Is there any need for such a big box? I could house a REAL Beagle in that thing.

I know when I got mine I was amazed out how huge the box was. Felt like an over sized Yamato box. Seriously.

I'm not exactly angry about the size of the box but I was hoping that Beagle would buck that particular trend.

When I was checking out the Beagles some guy in his mid-50's leapt put in front of me and grabbed one like a maniac.

That guy must have been waiting a loooooooong time for this.

I'm not exactly angry about the size of the box but I was hoping that Beagle would buck that particular trend.

When I was checking out the Beagles some guy in his mid-50's leapt put in front of me and grabbed one like a maniac.

That guy must have been waiting a loooooooong time for this.

I think it's got more to do with the limitation manufacturers face when making the plastic trays to protect the goods. They should've used styrofoam like the Bandai SOC cuz it's simply stupid that the Beagle is smaller than the Gakken but its box is so much bigger than its predecessor's. But it's okay as long as the product itself is well-made. :lol:

it's simply stupid that the Beagle is smaller than the Gakken but its box is so much bigger than its predecessor's.

I guess you need a box that big to contain the sheer amount of awesomeness that the Beagle generates.

I am kind of getting annoyed by these large boxes recently. For example, those Garland figs that occupied something like 5% of the box. They're almost a parody of themselves.

EDIT-

Btw, has anyone noticed whether there are any areas in which the cloth may split at the seams (crotch, under the arms etc)? That's the thing i'm most concerned with on this fig.

Edited by Alex

The Beagle isnt that much smaller than the Gakken plus it has the stands and accessories. I don't have it yet, so I don't have an idea how much free space there is, but I'm just saying that the comparison itself is moot.

I

LOVE

THiS

TOY!

freaking awesomelishish!!

*even though it took a freakn hour to transform.. but was tryingn to do it wiithout instructions but caved in half way through LOL*

BRING ON THE OTHERS!!

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I checked this thread & didn't see any pictures. These must be some early prototype pictures of Ley's/Rands Ride-Armor, So far I like it. I always though his laser rifle was the best design!!! But his arms are not covered in fabric, this must be a rushed display piece!! B))

post-6180-1232379335_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1232379364_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1232379372_thumb.jpg

I'm getting all beagle ride armors, keep em coming :lol: !!!

I't would be nice if they made high quality deluxe 1/35 Alpha's (Legioss) and matching Beta's (tread).

It would cost an arm and a legg but i would surely save up to buy them :p

Don't feel bad. It's hard to score a scoop in this community. Besides, those pics were never posted AFAIK, just the link.

Its cool, I agree its hard to score a scoop around here!! But I'll find the real Scoop/pics some day!! B))