Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Not sure if this is old news or not, but I checked this thread & didn't see any pictures. These must be some early prototype pictures of Ley's/Rands Ride-Armor, So far I like it. I always though his laser rifle was the best design!!! But his arms are not covered in fabric, this must be a rushed display piece!! B))

Well, at least it's not bigger than the danged wheel like most of their competitors ^_^

Vostok 7

Could one of the lucky ones who already have thier beagle post some close ups of the scope?

And a special request; Stick kneeling down in armour while aiming his rifle.

Thanks.

Edit. And does the Mospeada fold up into a nice little unit as per the anime?

Edited by Alex

Ok, sold.

Where should I order one from at this point (I will need a link please). I'm pretty sure I want the Beagle one, not Toynami.

I can't seem to find Overdrive??

thanks

Edit: Ok, found Overdrive, Is that where I should get one for $220+ :o , I can't tell if they are in stock, any way to tell? If I pull the trigger it needs to ship yesterday before I start thiking about the money I just spent on a toy when I should be currently be buying something else with that money. But i gotta have it. This is the ultimate toy for me.

Ay other places to get one for less?

Edited by sqidd

I think the Japanese MSRP is over $260 US at this point so Overdrive's $220 isn't bad at all. They ship quick... too bad for me today was a holiday.

HLJ's price is over $250 US right now. And they're claiming they won't even have it until February.

Vostok 7

Looks as if the scope is not perfect transformation.

From what I understand, it is... But then, can you really call a little scope that pops out "transformation"?

Anyway, from what I understand, that little cover opens, the scope folds out, and the cover closes again.

Vostok 7

From what I understand, it is... But then, can you really call a little scope that pops out "transformation"?

Anyway, from what I understand, that little cover opens, the scope folds out, and the cover closes again.

Vostok 7

Close. Its more like the little cover opens you fold out the scope and you have to take out the scope, close the door then pop the scope onto the little hole. Then bam there's your scope.

That's what I wanted to see. I would like to see Stick rocking out with some 1/10 guitars but I guess those pics will be coming somewhere down the line.

Friday ( between 12 and 2) cannot come fast enough.

I,ve read these forums for awhile,first time post. Like everyone here I,ve awaited my beagle, and it,s arrived

concerns: both heads are loose the helmet stick head particually even though I,ve tightened with screw it just holds a pose for about 2hrs then head drops forward.

The cloth isn,t sewn or attached to the shoulder joint ,and posing the arms foward you can see inside the chest cavity,it,s detailed well but I can see cleaner lines on a yammie.

Bike mode; mine isn,t that tight,the front wheel armor is loose on it,s swivel joint -slight movement and it drops forward-infact my bike just holds together, wheel movement is ok.the wind screen shield just sits there(doesn,t lock in)

Ride armor mode:on page 12 step no. 85 although crotch piece is attached(although comes out constantly) you can see that the hip armor isn,t connected to the centre crotch piece..that,s because it doesn,t !!!There is no click or even an attachment site..it just rests underneath the crotch piece(also comes out constantly due to nothing to hold it there)the targeting scope again rests into a hole that is too big for it,so falls out with movement there are other things that I want to talk about BUT I want to transform it several more times to make sure it,s human error or design.

Overall I,d say it,s a model rather than a toy.I could forgive all of this if only the helmet head was tight,I think it may be a design issue with the ball and socket neck joint.I really love the look of this toy AND would like to collect further But would like to PLEASE hear from other members if thiese issues sound familuar.(I would really like to believe I recieved a dud ,and that it,s a solid piece!!!)

Display stand:strong ,supportive everything works.

I,ve read these forums for awhile,first time post. Like everyone here I,ve awaited my beagle, and it,s arrived

concerns: both heads are loose the helmet stick head particually even though I,ve tightened with screw it just holds a pose for about 2hrs then head drops forward.

im under the impression that the Beagle 1/10 comes with one head, and the helmet can be worn on it, requiring no head swapping for ride armor transformation. but reading ur post up there, seems like u made a distinction between the helmet head and the normal head....

does that mean i was wrong about the one head with removable helmet? hope the owners here can clarify :)

ive yet to get a beagle, probably will wait for the Toynami's version.. when will it be out again? :)

im under the impression that the Beagle 1/10 comes with one head, and the helmet can be worn on it, requiring no head swapping for ride armor transformation. but reading ur post up there, seems like u made a distinction between the helmet head and the normal head....

does that mean i was wrong about the one head with removable helmet? hope the owners here can clarify :)

ive yet to get a beagle, probably will wait for the Toynami's version.. when will it be out again? :)

yes their are 2 heads and you have to take it off to transform in armor mode,on page 10step no. 65 and 66 (you,ll see it when you get it)its shows it in one transformation but I could only do it with the helmetless head

yes their are 2 heads and you have to take it off to transform in armor mode,on page 10step no. 65 and 66 (you,ll see it when you get it)its shows it in one transformation but I could only do it with the helmetless head

oh, and here i was hoping for the helmet can be taken off without hea swapping.. well, the whole package is awesome solid as most of the reviews here testified :)

thanks for the info and the review bro troyness :) i will get it (soon hopefully).. don't think there'd be better ride armor toy at 1/10 scale anytime soon..

hehe, 1/10 scale, you know what that means ;) pose it together with PlayArts FFVII Fenrir and Daytona, and Bandai's SIC Batpod, and you'll have a great 1/10 biker line-up :p

oh, and here i was hoping for the helmet can be taken off without hea swapping.. well, the whole package is awesome solid as most of the reviews here testified :)

thanks for the info and the review bro troyness :) i will get it (soon hopefully).. don't think there'd be better ride armor toy at 1/10 scale anytime soon..

hehe, 1/10 scale, you know what that means ;) pose it together with PlayArts FFVII Fenrir and Daytona, and Bandai's SIC Batpod, and you'll have a great 1/10 biker line-up :p

not a problem any photo you see with stick holding his helmet ,the head is actually inside of it.all hands seem good to me,the figure is tight I just wish the head and bike was ,but I hope it,s just mine!!!

not a problem any photo you see with stick holding his helmet ,the head is actually inside of it.all hands seem good to me,the figure is tight I just wish the head and bike was ,but I hope it,s just mine!!!

a piece fell off on the red spring loaded section ..but hasn,t effected the bike in anyway :huh:

a piece fell off on the red spring loaded section ..but hasn,t effected the bike in anyway :huh:

I must admit that I,m spoilt with the 1/60v.2 ,how it locks together solid and doesn,t move even when shaking it hard, so maybe it,s not a fair comparision ..but I wouldn,t recomend doing it with the bike,every kind of peg rests into an indent rather than clicking or locking into place(like 1/60 v.2)..for example the feul tank attachment to the seat rests together in it,s respective peg and indent(although there is an overhead clip attached to the feul tank-which then connects to the seat supports this attachment together they come out eas)

the black "grill" on the front of the bike ,underneath the front headlights rests into a connection site rather than clicking.

the shoulder armor sits infront of the figure,s shoulders (not a biggie)..just my 2cents

The cloth isn,t sewn or attached to the shoulder joint ,and posing the arms foward you can see inside the chest cavity,it,s detailed well but I can see cleaner lines on a yammie.

Bike mode; mine isn,t that tight,the front wheel armor is loose on it,s swivel joint -slight movement and it drops forward-infact my bike just holds together, wheel movement is ok.the wind screen shield just sits there(doesn,t lock in)

Ride armor mode:on page 12 step no. 85 although crotch piece is attached(although comes out constantly) you can see that the hip armor isn,t connected to the centre crotch piece..that,s because it doesn,t !!!There is no click or even an attachment site..it just rests underneath the crotch piece(also comes out constantly due to nothing to hold it there)the targeting scope again rests into a hole that is too big for it,so falls out with movement there are other things that I want to talk about BUT I want to transform it several more times to make sure it,s human error or design.

Overall I,d say it,s a model rather than a toy.I could forgive all of this if only the helmet head was tight,I think it may be a design issue with the ball and socket neck joint.I really love the look of this toy AND would like to collect further But would like to PLEASE hear from other members if thiese issues sound familuar.(I would really like to believe I recieved a dud ,and that it,s a solid piece!!!)

Display stand:strong ,supportive everything works.

My head figure holds perfectly well but the helmeted version was completely loose, just flopped forward. Adjusting the neck screw tightened it enought to be able to hold any angle, but how tight I was screwing it was getting scarey. I would recommend tightening it about 90° at a time and letting it settle for a few minutes before tightening again. Even so it's still loose and I think I will try adding nail varnish to the ball socket from here on in, I'm worried I will strip the screw socket if I tighten it anymore. :(

Screen shield loosely locks in but it does hold. Same with the wheel mounted rockets, they are loose but do hold.

I completely agree with everything else you said too. I was expecting the helmet to be empty, the scope is too small and sits loosely well away from his eye, the groin area in ride armour just sits together without anything holding things in place. I couldn't get his helmeted head through the gap without removing it and replacing it MegaHouse style, but I was possibly doing something wrong. The two white side guards are only held in position by a light amount of tension too, the slightest nudge and they'll fall out, I'm going to try warm water to remold them slightly.

The only overall disappointment for me is the way it transforms - it's not anime accurate due to the way the armour wraps around from behind instead of the front section moving straight up onto the chest. But the prototype images prepared me for that at least. To say that it is perfect transformation is a bit of a stretch, but I guess technically it is.

The proportions are really good overall. Only thing that really gets to me is how high the backpack area sits above his head, It should be about 1cm lower, but I'll probably get used to it.

I'm somewhat suprised that it can stand on its own reasonably stabley. It's a very limited range but completely possible, even if I nudge it slightly it stays. It's standing on my desk now but I won't be leaving it that way...

Overall it's very impressive, tho possibly over-complicated in a few areas and the theme of areas being held in position by minimal tension rather than locking runs throughout. It has a feeling of being fragile but not easily breakable.

If you're a big Mospeada fan then it's worth the $200+ price tag. It is a remarkable display piece but I wouldn't describe it as "solid".

While I do agree a few parts can be improved on the beagle I think its reasonably solid. Compared to other ride armor toys which are fiddly messes this one hold together pretty well. On future releases of say Yellow Belmont or Hoquet I hope they improve the crotch and hip armor to lock in better. I wouldn't call the neck floppy, but it can be tighter. It holds a pose just fine, but can be tighter.

Man, you guys could have talked all bad about it before I ordered mine! :lol:

That's OK, really just sounds like stuff that Yamato buyers have been dealing with for years now in all honesty. That doesn't scare me off. Besides, the biggest complaints can be fixed easily.

Hopefully I haven't jinxed myself for getting a lemon. I've always had good success with Yamato, but my last couple Yamatos have been iffy.

Vostok 7

I will most likely buy the Toynami version when it comes out... hopefully it is just as good. This puppy looks gorgeous.

I was going to hold out for the Toynami, but I love the box-art Beagle came up with and I worry that Toynami is going to have the factory "cut corners" to meet the lower price point (over $50 lower!). Not that Aoshima's Leigoss vs. Toynami's Alpha was any indication (since they both sucked hardcore), just Toynami doesn't inspire me with confidence because they haven't put out a decent product yet. Doesn't mean that this couldn't be a first, just I'd rather get a already done release that we now know what it's like and not hedge my bets that Toynami's sticky fingers won't get all over the beautiful Beagle by the time it gets here.

Vostok 7

Edited by Vostok 7

Has anyone received a shipping notification on their Toynami Cyclone? Now that the Beagle MOSPEADA is out and people have it in hand, I hoped that Toynami would be a matter of days later, but I haven't heard anything yet, and Robotech.com still just says "End of January."

I was going to hold out for the Toynami, but I love the box-art Beagle came up with and I worry that Toynami is going to have the factory "cut corners" to meet the lower price point (over $50 lower!). Not that Aoshima's Leigoss vs. Toynami's Alpha was any indication, just Toynami doesn't inspire me with confidence because they haven't put out a decent product yet. Doesn't mean that this couldn't be a first, just I'd rather get a already done release that we now know what it's like and not hedge my bets that Toynami's sticky fingers won't get all over the beautiful Beagle by the time it gets here.

Vostok 7

I disagree. The Toynami Beta is a more than decent product (and is supposedly based on Aoshima's engineering, but made by Toynami, while the Toynami Cyclone is supposed to be a reboxed Beagle with a new head, so not only is it engineered by Beagle, but actually made by them too, so it should have identical quality).

I was wondering did Toynami confirm how many of these would be made...is there a limit like the masterpiece toys? I couldve sworn I saw a limit before but now when I look I dont see anything.

Has anyone received a shipping notification on their Toynami Cyclone? Now that the Beagle MOSPEADA is out and people have it in hand, I hoped that Toynami would be a matter of days later, but I haven't heard anything yet, and Robotech.com still just says "End of January."

I disagree. The Toynami Beta is a more than decent product (and is supposedly based on Aoshima's engineering, but made by Toynami, while the Toynami Cyclone is supposed to be a reboxed Beagle with a new head, so not only is it engineered by Beagle, but actually made by them too, so it should have identical quality).

Engineering and the like have nothing to do with my issue. The Toynami Alphas weren't bad from an engineering standpoint, but they were all bad from a QC standpoint. Beagle engineered the product, yes, but they are asking over $50 more for it in their home market than Toynami is, and that $50+ isn't made up with a different head (which costs more on the manufacturing end because of different molds) and a "fancier box" (which costs more than Beagle's box undoubtedly) and shipping across an ocean (which isn't cheap at all at the kinds of quantities these will be imported in for Toynami)... It's got to come from somewhere, and in Toynami's history, that somewhere has been QC.

I don't have a Beta and I probably will never get one, so I can't say how it is, but people praised Toynami's first Alpha (mainly because it was the first transforming Alpha/Leigoss we had seen in many years) and it was a pile of steaming crap. Maybe the Beta's better, but when you start at the bottom the only place you can go is up :lol:

To illustrate what I mean, see what the general opinion is of various Toynami products:

The 1/55 MPC VF-1s sucked, and not just the QC

The 'Superposables' were not even close to "super" posable and had lots of issues with paint application

The 1/100 Valks were junk

The Alphas were steaming piles of crap

About the only thing decent they ever did were the transforming Joke-Machine style toys, but those are nearly impossible to get wrong

So you can see why I'm a skeptic when it comes to Toynami getting their hands on something, especially with such a significant price difference in the mix.

Vostok 7

Engineering and the like have nothing to do with my issue. The Toynami Alphas weren't bad from an engineering standpoint, but they were all bad from a QC standpoint. Beagle engineered the product, yes, but they are asking over $50 more for it in their home market than Toynami is, and that $50+ isn't made up with a different head (which costs more on the manufacturing end because of different molds) and a "fancier box" (which costs more than Beagle's box undoubtedly) and shipping across an ocean (which isn't cheap at all at the kinds of quantities these will be imported in for Toynami)... It's got to come from somewhere, and in Toynami's history, that somewhere has been QC.

I don't have a Beta and I probably will never get one, so I can't say how it is, but people praised Toynami's first Alpha (mainly because it was the first transforming Alpha/Leigoss we had seen in many years) and it was a pile of steaming crap. Maybe the Beta's better, but when you start at the bottom the only place you can go is up :lol:

To illustrate what I mean, see what the general opinion is of various Toynami products:

The 'Superposables' were not even close to "super" posable and had lots of issues with paint application

About the only thing decent they ever did were the transforming Joke-Machine style toys, but those are nearly impossible to get wrong

So you can see why I'm a skeptic when it comes to Toynami getting their hands on something, especially with such a significant price difference in the mix.

Vostok 7

My experience is a Shadow (Sue Graham) Alpha, and the Blue (Rand) Beta, and I can tell you there is a WORLD of difference between the two. I agree that QC can be a major issue, but I also think that engineering plays a part, as I feel that the Beta is designed so that there should be far fewer quality issues to begin with. It's a normal design thing, like I do at my job. Where I know that a product may be made by multiple manufacturers, or by a manufacturer which typically has certain QC issues, I plan my design so that it is harder to screw up manufacturing.

Well, either way, we'll just have to wait and see how these turn out.

The $50 price difference is most likely a simple result of supply and demand, I wouldn't freak out too much over it. Beagle is probably just making much fewer products comparatively for their home market than they are making for Toynami or some other derivation where the pricing works. Cost per unit of the box and the cost of shipping hundreds of pieces from China to Japan vs. China to USA probably are not more than a couple bucks. We'll all know for sure soon enough.

Vostok 7

Thing is V7 that such markups are common from what I saw when I visited Japan years ago. Pretty much any product that was available in the US and in Japan were marked up in Japan. It was a serious surprise, all of us on the trip figured it would have been cheaper over there, but it seemed that businesses over there would rather have local consumers eat the cost that the mark down on exported items incurred for the company.