Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I asked George Sohn about the Alphas and he says there are no current plans to make more Alphas but he'd consider it if demand for them continued.

So let Toynami know there's demand for Alphas if you want them.

Did he happen to mention how many were made?

Edited by jenius

I keep finding myself disappointed in the CM's now. Its cool looking in bot, but the floppyness just irks me no end now! I reckon i will have to sell it off, along with the custom boom arm i made, to clear up some space!

Lol good luck EXO, you will prob sell it too at that !

I, for one, am a cheapskate though. So how bout ten dollars fifty, with 2 chuppa chup lollipops thrown in? :p^_^

Whats the custom boom arm look like? Link!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Those are the items Roger linked to previously. It's the Green CMs Legioss/Tread set, previously a CMs website exclusive but now readily available, and a Johnathan Wolff figure that goes with the 1/18 Ride Armors (no Ride Armor included!). The Johnathan Wolff figure also comes with the 8 mini Ride Armors that CMs includes with the Iota Legioss/Tread set... apparently because they made more of those than the did Legioss/Treads so now they need to figure out another way to get rid of them!

Edited by jenius

Whats the custom boom arm look like? Link!

hmm thought i had a pic on here somewhere..looks like i have to find the camera though cuz cant find it anywhere!

but it looks awesome,

heheheheh

best thing is though i got it more streamlined and secure for my many trips around the solar system ie house, in various zooming positions =-)

hmm thought i had a pic on here somewhere..looks like i have to find the camera though cuz cant find it anywhere!

but it looks awesome,

heheheheh

best thing is though i got it more streamlined and secure for my many trips around the solar system ie house, in various zooming positions =-)

It would be in a previous Mospeada super thread... somewhere... here!

I was going to ask you for the schematics for it, your version looked much better than what CMs ended up using. :blink:

legiosstread%2005.JPG

legiosstread%2020.JPG

Yup, I remember those pics. B))

Sam, your customized connecting boom actually made CM's fighter combo look respectable.

All trash-talking aside, the simplest thing CM's could've done was modify the stock connecting boom and make the Legioss sit higher up. It would've made one hell of an improvement.

Of course, then I'd still be griping about the exposed tailfins and the just-hanging-up-there Tread missile rack. :p

lol, thanks guys, tah for finding the pics tober! I just took some shots anyways, that was pretty early ones, the finished one i will upload now... =-)

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet (prob missed it) but the 3 cannons on the front should have all been triple barreled like the rifle. Would this have been hard to do?? And I'm still bummed they did not take the time to include the top missile bays. Those can be ( could have been ) seen when they're combined which is how I will likely display it. I mean - this is a masterpiece after all.

Man, I keep failing to see what are the top missile bays you guys keep talking about. Does this have to do with the missiles on the top? If so, where should the missile "bays" be?

^^I believe DarrinG is talking about the missiles that are supposed to pop up and out of the Tread's/Beta's blue shoulders.

On the CM's, in addition to the missiles stored right behind the white chest areas, there's also a cache of missiles hiding in the dorsal/blue shoulder areas of the Tread. These missile racks (which are missing on the Toynami Beta) are directly behind the "MB" and "21" in the picture above.

EDIT: Shouldn't the numbering on the Tread be "07" instead of "21"? :huh: Unless, this is supposed to represent the Tread that Stig initially crash-landed in.

Edited by Mog

so this is final version

treadboom09.JPG

connects like this...

treadboom10.JPG

So i can do this...!

treadboom05.JPG

Front view...

treadboom02.JPG

Only thing i didn't add was the ability to attach a stand to it .. something that was put into the 'future project' basket LOL.

Sam, that connecting bar is far superior to the junky diecast cradle CMs gave us. You just needed to come up with a plug in landing gear for the front and a second piece that could serve as rear landing gears. I love that you got the Alpha sitting where it ought to be instead of down below the Tread.

so this is final version

treadboom09.JPG

connects like this...

treadboom10.JPG

So i can do this...!

treadboom05.JPG

Front view...

treadboom02.JPG

Only thing i didn't add was the ability to attach a stand to it .. something that was put into the 'future project' basket LOL.

You should make more so we could buy them from you ^_^ they do make the cm ook better.

I think the "missles" in question are actually the yellowish sensor system. That's supposed to sit flush with the top of the fighter, but CMs doesn't. The Toynami one does, however.

According to the original line art, that thing is a "Laser Bomb Launcher."

It'd be funny to see how they thought that would work... Does the Tread launch it's "laser bombs" upward when in bomber mode? I'd guess they were just the doors for loading the bombs and they dropped downward but I think that array is nestled between two legs and a booster so the only place for anything to exit would be up.

Roger, next time you're in a conversation with either of the two gentlemen, think you could ask about any new, 2009 possibility of seeing an updated MOSPEADA (like the Dread 2 and 2007 Legioss)?

I just got my Shadow Alpha Fighter from CM corp. Not 100% happy with it but I its a lot more stable than Toynami's version, that much I can tell you.

There's a problem with the hinge connecting the cockpit to the main body like in the review says. It doesn't bend. Thus, I cant fully transform it to its fighter mode. ( Is this a problem with the other CM Alpha's? ) I don't want to have to resort to taking this baby apart just to unbend it.. I'd probably would have to... But not now lol.

Also, I wish they'd put some side to side articulation in the head, but the waist articulation makes up for it I guess. The alternate hand to hold the weapon is plus though. At least I don't have to worry about it falling off all the time.

Funny thing.. It looks awesome connected to my Toynami Beta Fighter !! The fit isn't tight, but it doesn't just sit there either. I'll take pics over the weekend if I have time.

Roger, next time you're in a conversation with either of the two gentlemen, think you could ask about any new, 2009 possibility of seeing an updated MOSPEADA (like the Dread 2 and 2007 Legioss)?

I've asked Aramaki about it. MOSPEADA is deader than disco.

I've asked Aramaki about it. MOSPEADA is deader than disco.

Ouch... I was hoping with those pictures that Kakinuma did a couple years back, and his professed interest in doing more stories, and Aramaki's gorgeous Animation Bikes book cover, with the MOSPEADA and Garland, that maybe SOMETHING...

Plus, we now have Toynami, Aoshima, CMs, and Mega House all making toys. Could be the additional backing that was previously lacking.

Edited by RavenHawk

Ouch... I was hoping with those pictures that Kakinuma did a couple years back, and his professed interest in doing more stories, and Aramaki's gorgeous Animation Bikes book cover, with the MOSPEADA and Garland, that maybe SOMETHING...

Yeah, you see magazine articles and books about disco occasionally, too.

Yeah, you see magazine articles and books about disco occasionally, too.

... and I'd be happy with a Studio 54 type movie... but not Mama Mia, though.

Never Mama Mia.

thanks guys glad ya like

I hadn't planned on trying to make more as such, cuz it was a pain in the posterior and styrene aint real cheap around here, but these days just kinda dont have the time. If that changes I will post. I think way back I had a pic of how to make it though>? i think.... =-)

thanks guys glad ya like

I hadn't planned on trying to make more as such, cuz it was a pain in the posterior and styrene aint real cheap around here, but these days just kinda dont have the time. If that changes I will post. I think way back I had a pic of how to make it though>? i think.... =-)

I would so buy one. When I first saw that I said the same thing. If you make them we'll buy them. I can't build anything like taht and I did read your how to thread, but for me no good. some can build some can buy. I would buy.

Lucky you! I have the Zeta/red CM's Legioss, and the gun falls out of the hand every time I move something!

That's strange to hear. I owned a CM Blue Legioss/Tread and the hands held all the weapons wonderfully. Now after seeing sams "boom" I wish I would not have sold it. :(