Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Beyond the line art pic on the bottom of the MH poster, no. link

I asked a supplier earlier today about the MH Hoquet, nothing has been heard or announced, but it is still expected.

ahh, thanks tober, was hoping there was some idea of time, but guess we'll have to wait n see!

Hmm i wonder what my number is on my Red Toycrappy...

I got mine from Kevin at Valk-Exchange. :D

i got my blue one from kev a lifetime ago!

getting a red one from Angolz cuz it was on sale for 50USD, so hoping that its fine... but tis the aoshima one, hoping the red aint too bright in person LOL.

( might switch it with yours in the middle of the night while ur not looking if it is....mwahahahaaa)

Jonathan Wolf 's head and rist option parts set for CMS Mospeada CVR-3M Ride-Armor.

CVR-3M / CVR-3F series are VR-Cyclone's Platform!

TOY-RBT-0585_05.jpg

Jonath-Wolf

Edited by yui1107

If you own an MPC Alpha, I humbly request that you click here and respond to my latest post. If you've never left a comment for me before don't worry, you're not going to get spammed or anything like that.

Jenius, the statement from Toynami was, "Each volume is limited to a production run of 15,000."

You could take that statement to mean that they were making 15,000 of each one, but my interpretation is that they wouldn't make more than 15,000 of each one.

It would be pretty silly for Toynami to make more toys than they knew they could sell.

Edited by Roger

Jenius, the statement from Toynami was, "Each volume is limited to a production run of 15,000."

You could take that statement to mean that they were making 15,000 of each one, but my interpretation is that they wouldn't make more than 15,000 of each one.

It would be pretty silly for Toynami to make more toys than they knew they could sell.

That much is obvious. What I'm getting at is that there is clearly demand for the blue MPC Alpha right now and if Toynami has the right to produce more of them then it would be silly for them not to make more toys.

That much is obvious. What I'm getting at is that there is clearly demand for the blue MPC Alpha right now and if Toynami has the right to produce more of them then it would be silly for them not to make more toys.

Lord knows I want one, though $300 on eBay is more than a little steep.

Regarding the Aoshima editions: Has anyone gotten one that *wasn't* very buggy? Do some tend to be better than others? Are the problems repairable for an experienced mecha toy collector?

The reason I ask is that I'd like to pick one up, just for the variation of style. I'd be willing to try my hand at a repair or two if the need arose.

(Anyone got a junk one they'd want to part with?)

I got my MPC Beta today. Now I saw all the pics, I read all the reviews and I watched the videos but damn I was and am still impressed with this thing. It's fraking huge. Yes the legs are wobbly but I work on that. I just can't believe how big it is. :lol: I finaly feel like I got what I paid for from Toycrapy.

We've seen them do this previously, with the VF-1S MPC. The initial run was quite a bit less than 15,000. A couple of years later they released another batch (much to the dismay of ebay sellers everywhere). I wouldn't be surprised to learn that more blue alphas are on the way.

If I remember correctly, the first 5,000 of the blue alpha are supposed to be easily distinguishable by having a lighter blue color on the intakes. But I honestly don't know if I've seen one with a number above 5,000.

Everybody knows that the toynami red/green/shadow alphas are still available on Robotech.com, right? It's just the blue that's sold out.

If I remember correctly, the first 5,000 of the blue alpha are supposed to be easily distinguishable by having a lighter blue color on the intakes. But I honestly don't know if I've seen one with a number above 5,000.

It's the first 3000 that are easily distinguishable as they have different color intakes. Not sure which I prefer...

My post notes that I suspect we will see what happened with the VF-1S happening again. What I'm really trying to do is help out those people who are debating throwing $300 at a subpar toy to make their Beta complete. I suspect if they're patient they'll be able to buy that toy for $79.99 (or even $59.99) again at some point so hopefully I can help some people save some money. I was actually quite surprised Toynami didn't make some "gift sets" available when the Beta was released. Maybe they're going to let the Beta really make demand super strong before putting more Blue Alphas out. I doubt we'll ever see a full run on 15K Rooks... They screwed up and made way too many Ben Dixon VF-1 toys, hopefully they learned a lesson.

I got my MPC Beta today. Now I saw all the pics, I read all the reviews and I watched the videos but damn I was and am still impressed with this thing. It's fraking huge. Yes the legs are wobbly but I work on that. I just can't believe how big it is. :lol: I finaly feel like I got what I paid for from Toycrapy.

Congrats!! I felt the same way when I got mine. Im looking for a fix on the wobbly legs as well. I was thinking.. sheets of neoprene.

It's the first 3000 that are easily distinguishable as they have different color intakes. Not sure which I prefer...

My post notes that I suspect we will see what happened with the VF-1S happening again. What I'm really trying to do is help out those people who are debating throwing $300 at a subpar toy to make their Beta complete. I suspect if they're patient they'll be able to buy that toy for $79.99 (or even $59.99) again at some point so hopefully I can help some people save some money. I was actually quite surprised Toynami didn't make some "gift sets" available when the Beta was released. Maybe they're going to let the Beta really make demand super strong before putting more Blue Alphas out. I doubt we'll ever see a full run on 15K Rooks... They screwed up and made way too many Ben Dixon VF-1 toys, hopefully they learned a lesson.

I really hope you're right (and appreciate the effort you're going to).

It would be nice to have some sort of announcement from Toynami about this, either way.

Has anyone actually contacted Toynami asking about this?

I really hope you're right (and appreciate the effort you're going to).

It would be nice to have some sort of announcement from Toynami about this, either way.

Has anyone actually contacted Toynami asking about this?

I haven't bothered asking Toynami because I don't think it's in their best interests to answer. Right now, with people assuming there are no more being produced, they get a better picture of what demand really is. If they announced they would make more some day then people would stop paying crazy prices for them and they wouldn't be able to see just exactly how out of control demand was getting. They also might be waiting until the releases for the red, green, and shadow are sold out so they can do another production run of all the Alphas at the same time.

i got my blue one from kev a lifetime ago!

getting a red one from Angolz cuz it was on sale for 50USD, so hoping that its fine... but tis the aoshima one, hoping the red aint too bright in person LOL.

( might switch it with yours in the middle of the night while ur not looking if it is....mwahahahaaa)

Mine's got breakages :p I'll swap your aoshima one with my Toynami if ya want. :p Come to the con swap meet on Sunday. :p

Seeing how the Maia Sterling turned out QC-wise, I wouldn't be surprised if an eventual second run the Blue Alpha would only make the original release more collectable and expensive over the years.

If they make it all plastic and make the hands the same as the superposeable figure's hands, I will gladly buy one, so long as it is cheaper, like the plastic MPC Voltron(which I have heard great reviews about)

If you own an MPC Alpha, I humbly request that you click here and respond to my latest post. If you've never left a comment for me before don't worry, you're not going to get spammed or anything like that.

My Masterpiece Alpha #'s

Blue: 4225

Red: 1925

Green: 1556

Shadow: 1640

My Beta arrived today too!! Like many others, it's a childhood dream come true - to own both the Mospeada Alpha AND Beta fighters. It's AWESOME.

^_^ ^_^ ^_^

Not 100% perfect, but it's pretty darn good. As others have said, it's HUGE, it feels sturdy, and more significantly, the QC is MUCH better than the Alphas. A pricey purchase, but worth it IHMO. Finally, an impressive toy release by Toynami (yep, I am referring to them by their correct name, instead of 'Crapnami' - that's how happy I am with the Beta). I'll probably buy the Shadow Beta too - if I can afford it when it's released.

To those of you still debating whether to get it: believe the hype and reviews - it's a solid piece.

B)) B)) B))

Some pics of the combined Alpha + Beta fighters.

Enjoy.

post-3878-1231400530_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400541_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400550_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400560_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400571_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400583_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400596_thumb.jpg

post-3878-1231400607_thumb.jpg

Just an interesting side note, I was searching around the Interwebs just now and came across some old Toynami Beta pics I'd long since forgotten about. One of them shows a prototype Shadow Chronicles version complete with top mounted synchro cannon (looks like it replaces the standard version's top mounted missiles). So, for those of you looking forward to a Shadow Beta to go with your Shadow Fighter, you might have your choice between a standard Shadow Beta and a Shadow Chronicles Beta.

Definatly need to have more than one beta at some stage, if only so they can be linked up and transformed states on show.

Got the toynami green alpha i won on ebay today, and gotta say, its arms are nice and tight, unlike the scott version, no major q.c probs other than the vent on teh crotch seems to have a broken tab on its left side, so its lopsided. Might pull aprt to try and fix but overall am really happy with it. if only the red unit turns out as great! *seeing as matts is broken and not worth stealing BOOOyah!*

Always liked how it looked, but was quite let down on the scott version that it bummed me out.This has restored some faith, so much so that I would like to try and grab a shadow fighter version as well, but robotech.com shipping is like almost 40USD, which seems a bit steep...

whoah! I didnt know the alphas are going for that much... I'll sell my unopened blue scott bernard alpha and beta for $450 to anyone here or else it's going on ebay soon!

whoops... plus shipping and pp fees of course!

I keep finding myself disappointed in the CM's now. Its cool looking in bot, but the floppyness just irks me no end now! I reckon i will have to sell it off, along with the custom boom arm i made, to clear up some space!

Lol good luck EXO, you will prob sell it too at that !

I, for one, am a cheapskate though. So how bout ten dollars fifty, with 2 chuppa chup lollipops thrown in? :p^_^

I keep finding myself disappointed in the CM's now. Its cool looking in bot, but the floppyness just irks me no end now! I reckon i will have to sell it off, along with the custom boom arm i made, to clear up some space!

Lol good luck EXO, you will prob sell it too at that !

I, for one, am a cheapskate though. So how bout ten dollars fifty, with 2 chuppa chup lollipops thrown in? :p^_^

You can't be all that cheap... you bought a CMs!