Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

Yeah mate, and seeing that Houquet is my must have fav of all Mospeada, i'd prefer to stick with Megahouse Ride Armours to "have-em-all" than Beagles... I may grab Rey beagle if he's cheap enough... Too much stuff coming out! VF-11, v.2's (1D, 1S Max) Red Beta... can't afford to collect all of them. Don't desire too either, no room! :p

Necessities are Beagle and Megahouse Houquet though...

Yeah mate, and seeing that Houquet is my must have fav of all Mospeada, i'd prefer to stick with Megahouse Ride Armours to "have-em-all" than Beagles... I may grab Rey beagle if he's cheap enough... Too much stuff coming out! VF-11, v.2's (1D, 1S Max) Red Beta... can't afford to collect all of them. Don't desire too either, no room! :p

Necessities are Beagle and Megahouse Houquet though...

Yup. Only Houquet for me. I'm sticking with my "if it's a group, I will only buy the lady model to save money" policy. It has served me well, until I got myself bitten by the Queens Blade bug. Now, it's a I gotta have it all syndrome for those QB ladies... :p

BTW, any prototype head pictures released yet for Houquet by either Beagle or Megahouse? I pray they look better than the Stig ones.

Edited by blacklotus

Finally got to pull out my blue Alpha over the weekend and connect it to the new Beta.

I was shocked when I first slid the white connector bar over the "cup" and there was no friction whatsoever. I thought this cannot be good.

Pushed back the two Beta chest nozzles and spread the alpha foot thrusters apart a bit and gave it a try. Still not really working until I "unpegged" the Alpha's calves. BINGO.

The foot thrusters came just short of the Beta cockpit eyes so I didn't even worry about scratches.

Fit perfect and looked awesome. I whooshed it around the room like I was 10!

I haven't seen this mentioned here yet (prob missed it) but the 3 cannons on the front should have all been triple barreled like the rifle. Would this have been hard to do?? And I'm still bummed they did not take the time to include the top missile bays. Those can be ( could have been ) seen when they're combined which is how I will likely display it. I mean - this is a masterpiece after all.

Two thumbs up on the Alpha-Beta combo.

LOL, I like that drawing for its pure excess but I don't think it should ever be emulated... it's kind of silly. I'd like it a lot more without the giants hip mounted guns.

Edit - the artist also got the right leg wrong... he has the toe starting at the knee.

Edited by jenius

come on jenius, the hip guns make it 'hip'.

:lol:

I want to make some missile clusters like ive seen someone post before that go on the tread, some clip on type or even magnet if im game enough! Hopefully my toynami tread arrives in the next week and half * takes too long to get here to Australia!! *

Forgive me for asking, but like Blacklotus asked, but has fuke/houqet megahouse got any updates/pictures/things-alluding-to-a-not-too-distant-release-date?

Not gonna bother getting the CM's one, specially re-enforced by Jenius' review

LOL, I like that drawing for its pure excess but I don't think it should ever be emulated... it's kind of silly. I'd like it a lot more without the giants hip mounted guns.

Edit - the artist also got the right leg wrong... he has the toe starting at the knee.

The artist is Hiroshi Ogawa who I think had no involvement with Mospeada at all, but he was part of the mechanical design team of Southern Cross. It looks like he was contracted to do this updated Tread for box art on the first release of Mospeada on DVD a few years back. The box set also had a redesigned Gosu by him as well and something else but I cant remember what that was right now.

The artist is Hiroshi Ogawa who I think had no involvement with Mospeada at all, but he was part of the mechanical design team of Southern Cross. It looks like he was contracted to do this updated Tread for box art on the first release of Mospeada on DVD a few years back. The box set also had a redesigned Gosu by him as well and something else but I cant remember what that was right now.

Thanks for the info. Any chance you have a pic of that Gosu? I would love to see a new take on it.

has fuke/houqet megahouse got any updates/pictures/things-alluding-to-a-not-too-distant-release-date?

Beyond the line art pic on the bottom of the MH poster, no. link

I asked a supplier earlier today about the MH Hoquet, nothing has been heard or announced, but it is still expected.

Beyond the line art pic on the bottom of the MH poster, no. link

I asked a supplier earlier today about the MH Hoquet, nothing has been heard or announced, but it is still expected.

Mega Hobby Expo is early next month I would guess they will have one to show by then.

I want to get CM's Dark Legioss. For those who have one, how is it? Any online reviews? Google isnt helping me at all..

Collection DX did a review a while ago, here you go.

I want to get CM's Dark Legioss. For those who have one, how is it? Any online reviews? Google isnt helping me at all..

There's also a review at my site, I'd give you a linky here but I'm at work so you can click my sig and take a look around.

Thanks for the help guys!! :) umm, stupid question since this is going to be my first CM Alpha... do you guys think this will link up with toynami's Beta Fighter? I know they're both different design-wise (the alphas) but from what I read, theyre basically the same scale. Has anyone really tried? Oh nevermind I saw a pic of it here

Is that photo-shopped? If its not, is it a sturdy connection?

Edited by holytoledo69

Read the picture... that's an Aoshima Legioss connected to a Toynami Beta, not a CMs Legioss. You could probably mangle a CMs to attach it to the Toynami Beta but it will never look as good as the Toynami Alpha connected... and probably never be anywhere near as stable.

Read the picture... that's an Aoshima Legioss connected to a Toynami Beta, not a CMs Legioss. You could probably mangle a CMs to attach it to the Toynami Beta but it will never look as good as the Toynami Alpha connected... and probably never be anywhere near as stable.

Oh my!! My bad! I just couldnt find a decent alpha to buy. Most of the pics and reviews on the toynami/aoshima's are real bad. Thanks for your input though Mr Jenius :rolleyes:

Those come with the Green Legioss/Tread combo. What's the new price for the green CMs combo set? I want a Col Wolff (or whatever his name is). Is that some sort of website exclusive or event exclusive or is it a future release?

Red Beta is up for pre-order:

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=356

CM's green Legioss/Tread combo is being discounted:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/112957

And they're selling Col. Jonathan, or John-boy, or whatever his name was in the original show:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/112958

I can't read any of what this says about Col. Jonathan, but I think I remember reading somewhere very recently that this is a reissue, with just a sticker to put on the face for his sunglasses. Was this earlier in this thread, or elsewhere?

Anyone remember or know more?

Red Beta is up for pre-order:

http://www.robotech.com/store/viewproductpreord.php?id=356

CM's green Legioss/Tread combo is being discounted:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/112957

And they're selling Col. Jonathan, or John-boy, or whatever his name was in the original show:

http://www.amiami.com/shop/ProductInfo/product_id/112958

Re: The red Beta preorder, anyone know what this "Z Head" thing is they're talking about? Can't see in the pics.

I can't read any of what this says about Col. Jonathan, but I think I remember reading somewhere very recently that this is a reissue, with just a sticker to put on the face for his sunglasses. Was this earlier in this thread, or elsewhere?

You mean the sticker sheet for the Megahouses: You get a MH Stick, slap the mustache and sunglasses over Stig's face and voilá, you have a Jonathan Wolf custom.

Re: The red Beta preorder, anyone know what this "Z Head" thing is they're talking about? Can't see in the pics.

You're looking at it too hard. Unlike the CMs where all the Betas have the exact same head, the Toynami red Beta features a unique head with a fin and a little sensor on it to better emulate the head of the matching Alpha. Sadly, they didn't bother emulating the Alpha's paint scheme better, that would have been awesome.

As LSB said, you're thinking of the sticker sheet that Mega House had that allowed you to convert a Stig figure into a Wolff figure. CMs is going the next step further and producing an actual Wolff figure with purple under garments (instead of Stig's red) and a unique head sculpt. I can't wait to learn more.

It's just a figure of Jonathan, it doesn't come with the actual bike. And the sunglasses don't look like stickers if you look at the close-up shots. Rather, the the glasses stickers you are probably thinking of were on the limited edition stickers that came with some boxes of the first batch of Megahouse Ride Armors.

EDIT -- Somehow, I think I'm a little late in my reply. :rolleyes:

Edited by Renato

You mean the sticker sheet for the Megahouses: You get a MH Stick, slap the mustache and sunglasses over Stig's face and voilá, you have a Jonathan Wolf custom.

You're right. That's what it was. Thanks.

You're looking at it too hard. Unlike the CMs where all the Betas have the exact same head, the Toynami red Beta features a unique head with a fin and a little sensor on it to better emulate the head of the matching Alpha. Sadly, they didn't bother emulating the Alpha's paint scheme better, that would have been awesome.

As LSB said, you're thinking of the sticker sheet that Mega House had that allowed you to convert a Stig figure into a Wolff figure. CMs is going the next step further and producing an actual Wolff figure with purple under garments (instead of Stig's red) and a unique head sculpt. I can't wait to learn more.

Thanks for both replies.

I'm tempted here, but I think I've resolved myself to just get blue and Shadow Alphas (if I can ever get my hand on a blue Alpha) and Betas.

I want the Toynamis, not the CMs or Aoshimas, but it's just not cheap.

It's a great idea. I'll send you my numbers as soon as I find the time to dig out my Alphas.

Probably a dumb question, but where is the number on the Alpha? I have my certificate that came with it from Robotech.com, but I want to make sure the numbers match up.