Ride Armors, Legioss and Treads! Oh my!

EXO

I need to rewatch that episode where the crew first finds the Tread... I could have sworn the cockpit looks very similar to how it does on the Toynami Beta. I thought they nailed it in bomber mode but maybe my memory is faulty. If it was smaller I don't think the bomber would look nearly as good.

I took some screenshots of that a while back. Here ya go:

post-515-1230308779_thumb.jpgpost-515-1230308785_thumb.jpg

Edited by chowyunskinny

Now for the Alpha, what a piece of JUNK! I opened the box, pulled out the plane and first off the paint is not gloss and does not have a smooth feel to it. That's makes sense because it is supposed to be a stealth fighter. I looked it over and noticed right away the glue spots below the intakes, but I figured I could deal with that because you don't see it unless you turn it over. So I decided to transform it, and it was very stiff, as if over glued. I moved the arms over and tried to fold them down for battloid mode, and one of them wouldn't move. I looked at the joint to make sure that there was something missing. I rotated it and some glue that was preventing it from moving finally let go, and under that was a mess, but I decided to continue on and try to fold it down again thinking I could move on. It was still stuck, so I applied more pressure. First the fore arm broke off, and then the sholder peeled right off as if it was made out of paper. The small hinge that allows the arm to fold down was glued solid.

Ouch! Sorry to hear about that dude ... Crapnami poor QC strikes AGAIN!!!

:wacko:

Well, I ordered the Beta and the Maia Sterling Alpha and they arrived Wednesday. I can say as everyone else has said, the Beta is awesome. Yes, the hips are a little loose, but still, I like the toy.

Now for the Alpha, what a piece of JUNK! I opened the box, pulled out the plane and first off the paint is not gloss and does not have a smooth feel to it. That's makes sense because it is supposed to be a stealth fighter. I looked it over and noticed right away the glue spots below the intakes, but I figured I could deal with that because you don't see it unless you turn it over. So I decided to transform it, and it was very stiff, as if over glued. I moved the arms over and tried to fold them down for battloid mode, and one of them wouldn't move. I looked at the joint to make sure that there was something missing. I rotated it and some glue that was preventing it from moving finally let go, and under that was a mess, but I decided to continue on and try to fold it down again thinking I could move on. It was still stuck, so I applied more pressure. First the fore arm broke off, and then the sholder peeled right off as if it was made out of paper. The small hinge that allows the arm to fold down was glued solid.

Don't think I am just rough on my collection, I'm not. I am trying to get in contact with the seller of the item to see what can be done.

i have to say that i bought the new alpha and a green one and the green one came with so many flaws that it will be pointless to write them , but the new one compare to the green one only had been over glue in some parts that i easily clean up with a dremel , so no complaints about the last one

Thanks for the Beta screen shots.

Those are supposed to be the fists hanging down in sight right?

Glad Toynami decided to hide those.

That looks more like the shoulder hinge that allows the arm to flip down for Battloid mode. Either way, it's still ugly as sin.

And looking at those screenies, it seems I was mistaken. Perhaps the RPG art has poisoned my mind. (even if it does look awesome)

Don't think I am just rough on my collection, I'm not. I am trying to get in contact with the seller of the item to see what can be done.

Hope you make use of their return and replacement policy if they have one.

LOL, I don't know if they've always done this but I remember my RT.com ordered Beta came with a RT.com return address in the box. I thought to myself "wow, they really expect us to have to ship this right back to them?" Maybe they handled a sample of Maia's Alpha and expected the worst.

LOL, I don't know if they've always done this but I remember my RT.com ordered Beta came with a RT.com return address in the box. I thought to myself "wow, they really expect us to have to ship this right back to them?" Maybe they handled a sample of Maia's Alpha and expected the worst.

Guess that's the closest thing to an apology or admittance of failure the company is ever going to get about their products.

Haven't seen anything on this thread about it yet, but Overdrive has posted some info about the Differences between Beagle Ride Armor and Toynami Cyclone

Sounds like Toynami isn't going to get too much of its mitts on this, hopefully that's a good thing. I want one of these REALLY bad but I'm holding out reviews to see if there's any major QC issues between the two, the Beagle sounds solid but saving $50+international shipping on the Toynami version is too tempting, despite how much I hate them :lol:

Vostok 7

"Now for the Alpha, what a piece of JUNK! I opened the box, pulled out the plane and first off the paint is not gloss and does not have a smooth feel to it. That's makes sense because it is supposed to be a stealth fighter. I looked it over and noticed right away the glue spots below the intakes, but I figured I could deal with that because you don't see it unless you turn it over. So I decided to transform it, and it was very stiff, as if over glued. I moved the arms over and tried to fold them down for battloid mode, and one of them wouldn't move. I looked at the joint to make sure that there was something missing. I rotated it and some glue that was preventing it from moving finally let go, and under that was a mess, but I decided to continue on and try to fold it down again thinking I could move on. It was still stuck, so I applied more pressure. First the fore arm broke off, and then the sholder peeled right off as if it was made out of paper. The small hinge that allows the arm to fold down was glued solid."

Well hey...I have no beef with Toynami. I liked all four of my Alphas. They were very tight, solid and had a nice heavy feel to it. Transforming them was no problem. As I knock on wood...nothing has broken B)). I would have gotten a Beta but I got the gray low vis VF-1A instead. So I'll wait until the Beta frenzy is over. Maybe I'll be able to get it at a desent price. Right now my local hobby shop has them for $150.00. A rip off if you ask me. :angry:

But time heals all wounds as well as lower prices.

Edited by SilentCrossHairs

I'm not sure I like the CDX review too much, good video quality and all, but lacking in not mentioning the any faults with the beta. Like Jenius said the cockpit and dissing CMs Tread like that, they seem a bit amateurish.

Oh yeah, because dissing toy companies is something that would never ever happen in a mature environment like Macross World. :)

Oh yeah, because dissing toy companies is something that would never ever happen in a mature environment like Macross World. :)

If you can't say anything negative about a company, even though it's warranted, then why even doa review? If you're to scared to say your opinion then just take the pics and STFU.

Haven't seen anything on this thread about it yet, but Overdrive has posted some info about the Differences between Beagle Ride Armor and Toynami Cyclone

Different faces for the two editions. Now that's unusual, I think. Wonder what the reasons behind that were?

That should be "Scott" since we're talking about Robotech... :p

Oh man, speaking of Robotech....

I was reading Gizmodo today (one of my favorite daily sites for electronics and gadgets news) and they had a link to this. (warning NSFW)

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHA......WTF? :blink::ph34r:

sorry for being off topic, but the comedy gold that is the internet must be shared

Edited by chowyunskinny

HG wanted a Tommy Yune style face.

It is absolutely beyond me why Harmony Gold has put all of Robotech in the hands of the Yune brothers...

Yes, Tommy Yune is a perfectly decent (actually pretty good) artist... but his writing, his continuity revisions, and his directing of Shadow Chronicles are just terrible...

But I guess that's a conversation for another topic.

Cool, hope they do a review of Maia's Shadow Fighter soon.

It's a repaint of Rook's MPC Alpha and they've already reviewed the MPC Alphas. If you were hoping they made improvements, they didn't. You won't see any of the Aoshima improvements either. Sorry. -

It's a repaint of Rook's MPC Alpha and they've already reviewed the MPC Alphas. If you were hoping they made improvements, they didn't. You won't see any of the Aoshima improvements either. Sorry. -

All I can really hope for is that Toynami has learned their lesson and takes it to heart. I hope all their subsequent toy exclusives that they design themselves are of this same high quality and not a back-slide to being more Alpha's.

So it's true about it being a reapaint, and for some people a poor one. Why people insist on giving these people money is a mystery to me.

Well, I ordered the Beta and the Maia Sterling Alpha and they arrived Wednesday. I can say as everyone else has said, the Beta is awesome. Yes, the hips are a little loose, but still, I like the toy.

I just got word from the company I bought it from and they said unfortunatley, I need to go through Toynami for replacement. They told me that if Toynami doesn't respond to my email, that they have a phone number I can use. I'll let you know how things progress.

All I can really hope for is that Toynami has learned their lesson and takes it to heart. I hope all their subsequent toy exclusives that they design themselves are of this same high quality and not a back-slide to being more Alpha's.

I thought someone said that Aoshima did the design and engineering? It looks pretty good in the video but kind of simple.

vinnie

If you don't reference things you're not allowed to discuss in the TOU then robotech.com will let you say whatever you want and not delete your post. Unfortunately, you can't discuss products not sold at rt.com or officially licensed by HG so if your complaint was "this VF-1 is balls, Yamato makes way better Macross products." you'll probably see your post deleted. If you just said "this vf-1 is balls" your post will stay.