Yamato 1/60 v.2 2 seaters

newca

The VT-1 is priced at 15800 yen, and it does not have missiles and the gunpod.

It's even more expensive than a SSP bundle. I reckon it is because the mold cannot be recycled, and I accept that as a reason myself...

3000 yen more expensive??? bummer... <_<

3000 yen more expensive??? bummer... <_<

not worth it, totally not worth it. maybe for the VE-1 but definitely not the VT.

and isn't the head/sensor thing supposed to be facing forward in fighter mode, not down?

not worth it, totally not worth it. maybe for the VE-1 but definitely not the VT.

and isn't the head/sensor thing supposed to be facing forward in fighter mode, not down?

exo mentioned that it's supposed to be folded down when in f-mode w/out the SPs a few pages back... ?

damn Yamato... can't milk the mold so they're going to milk us of our money instead... :angry:

exo mentioned that it's supposed to be folded down when in f-mode w/out the SPs a few pages back... ?

Yes, according to the Hory Froating Head Design Works, the sensor unit folds flat to the underside when the Super packs aren't installed. Makes for a nice streamlined fighter mode.

I don't mind paying 3000 yen more for such a work of beauty. Can't wait for the VE-1 either.

Vostok 7

Thanks!

I've never been a fan of the VT-1, probably for the reason that the head of the VF-1D is embedded deeply in my psyche from watching the first few episodes of Macross probably hundreds of times (at the start of my Macross fandom, we could only find the first 3 or 4 episodes of Robotech on VHS tape from FHE. I watched those things over and over and over). The missing trapezoidal markings on the chest from the VF-1D and the FAST packs also look weird to me.

after seeing the price being so high for the VT-1, i might get a VF-1D eventually.

i wasnt a fan of the VT-1 head either, but the fact that the rear passenger of the VF-1D doesnt get full leg space really bothers me. if not for that, the VF-1D would have been perfect enough for me.

anyway, the VT-1 was the sin valk, Hikaru's actions of using it leading to the cause Roy's death :p

i wasnt a fan of the VT-1 head either, but the fact that the rear passenger of the VF-1D doesnt get full leg space really bothers me. if not for that, the VF-1D would have been perfect enough for me.

has it been confirmed that the VT/VE passenger seat can fit a full pilot fig???

Yes, according to the Hory Froating Head Design Works, the sensor unit folds flat to the underside when the Super packs aren't installed. Makes for a nice streamlined fighter mode.

I wonder if thay had to eliminate that collar that goes around the neck to achieve this? The version 1 has it. Also, I'm surprised no one is really complaining about the shorter tailfins on this like the VF-11B. :lol:

I wonder if thay had to eliminate that collar that goes around the neck to achieve this? The version 1 has it. Also, I'm surprised no one is really complaining about the shorter tailfins on this like the VF-11B. :lol:

They already expended their vitriol on the v1 with short fins ^_^ Besides, I mentioned the short fins, and someone else commented that Bandai's 1/55 managed with normal fins, so does that count as complaining?

Either way, I don't get the 'not milking the mould' excuse-- 90% of the VF is made from the same parts anyway, and the VF-1D, where they used the new nose/front fuselage design, still cost the same as the other VF-1v2s. I think we are paying for the exclusivity of it, mostly, and just a bit for the new moulds needed for the Super pack.

Either way, I don't get the 'not milking the mould' excuse-- 90% of the VF is made from the same parts anyway, and the VF-1D, where they used the new nose/front fuselage design, still cost the same as the other VF-1v2s. I think we are paying for the exclusivity of it, mostly, and just a bit for the new moulds needed for the Super pack.

maybe we'll be getting more repaints of the VF-1D?

(I'm hopping for a LV2 camo version)

This thing totally seems worth the extra $$ considering Yamato probably has no plans to use that armor for any other release. A low-viz version would be cool but it's not something I would assume Yamato would be interested in making. And aside from that I guess an extra 3000Y doesn't seem like enough for me to panic about.

I'm glad the heads are so easy to switch on these 1/60s because I've always wanted an Ostrich with a 1D head. ^_^

Damn.. might only get 1 of these then if it's more exe, but totally worth it, this is my fav valk of all (besides hating battroid)

They'll bring out at least one colour variant for sure, wouldn't they be mad??

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

I just wish that it had come out a little bit cheaper. But I guess they can't use the super parts from this one on any other valk.

Is anyone else having trouble keeping the canopy of their VF-1D to stay shut?

I push in the canopy and it pops back up about half a mm.

What gives?

What gives?

Mine does the same thing. I don't have the problem with my 1j and I am not retarded, it just doesn't close properly.

Mine does the same thing. I don't have the problem with my 1j and I am not retarded, it just doesn't close properly.

I will hopefully be able to find out if I will be having this issue with my 1D tomorrow. Tomorrow is sooooooo far away :(

What gives?

Me too. In fact one of the little tabs on the canopy was broken off right out of the box, I found it in the hole but since lost it. So now, not only does the canopy not shut fully, it is slightly askew. I'm thinking of seeing if I can get a replacement from Overdrive, or see if I can fix it myself, but I so far I have not found a way to get the canopy off. Yamato QC strikes again :p

Edited by Crazy Canuck II

Nope. Definitely not.

I took both figures out and it still doesn't fully shut.

Mine didn't lock as well... had to push it a bit harder until a "click" was heard. That doesn't happen to my VF-1J or VF-1S though.

Had the same issue on it. I don't know why it was such a hassle with the 1D, but it does close after some work. That's also without the figures in the cockpit. I wonder if they just didn't make the locking pegs long enough on the new cockpit. Also, if you have to push down that hard to get it to close properly, does that mean that there is more force trying to make the canopy pop up? Perhaps that's why Crazy Canuk's canopy was broken. The only grace to this, is that it seems to be somewhat isolated as far as breakage. That's a good thing.