Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Maybe we can start guessing potential QC problems with this release:

1.) Gunpods fall off easily in fighter mode especially on FPs.

2.) Landing Gears don't extend fully

3.) Isolated reports of some yellow antennae breaking out of the box

4.) Red clear plastic not included in the heads

5.) Wrong assembly of elbow hinge causing it not able to bend fully.

6.) Tight holes for the FP to attach to the bay underside. Needs shaving off access for a easier fit.

7.) Cockpit canopy breaks easily when opening it. (btw is it confirmed it opens straight up as per prototype pics and not like the old 1/72?)

Can't think of any more. :lol:

Who am i kidding...i'm getting one 1st release regardless.

If this thing is already out, then Graham should be able to say a thing or two about this now.

6.) Tight holes for the FP to attach to the bay underside. Needs shaving off access for a easier fit.

7.) Cockpit canopy breaks easily when opening it. (btw is it confirmed it opens straight up as per prototype pics and not like the old 1/72?)

Most. Uncool. Post. Ever. <_<

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

There you go Yamato - this is the kind of confidence you inspire in one of you most diehard customer; even before your product release. Now go find a QC guy or factory employee to murder or something.

There you go Yamato - this is the kind of confidence you inspire in one of you most diehard customer; even before your product release. Now go find a QC guy or factory employee to murder or something.

Bob

That will be quite enough of that!

Such dangeroud diatribe is wholly unacceptable.

:angry:

Pretty much since the '51' series everything has been aces from Yamato. I'm sorry you can't

seem to handle this simple change of events. Now go throw your little tantrum elsewhere and leave

the grown-ups in peace.

:rolleyes:

I saw one sample in Gerwalk today. Looks a bit iffy to me. I'll probably pick one up tomorrow so if anyone has any pic requests showing areas of concern, interest etc, please let me know.

Bob

That will be quite enough of that!

Such dangeroud diatribe is wholly unacceptable.

:angry:

Pretty much since the '51' series everything has been aces from Yamato. I'm sorry you can't

seem to handle this simple change of events. Now go throw your little tantrum elsewhere and leave

the grown-ups in peace.

:rolleyes:

Diatribe? Yes. Dangerous? It depends on how you take it. Since that post wasn't addressed to you personally, then you're reading someone else's mail.

Now here's something for you to chew on... Pretty much EVERYTHING since the 1st 1/72 YF19 that are broken through the use of lousy materials has not been resolved to the benefit of their customers.

meh, gerwalk on everything since the VF-1 seems to be an afterthought, imo.

IIRC, wasn't the gerwalk on the VF-1 an 'afterthought' as well? :ph34r:

Something about how the designer (kawamori?) was fiddling with it and realised the 'mode' between fighter and battroid was kinda cool! :lol:

Kids..... kids...... lets hold all our pro and anti yamato comments till the yf-21 actually comes out, that way the guy who says this thing will have problems or the guy that says it will be perfect wont end up looking like a fool.

IIRC, wasn't the gerwalk on the VF-1 an 'afterthought' as well? :ph34r:

Something about how the designer (kawamori?) was fiddling with it and realised the 'mode' between fighter and battroid was kinda cool! :lol:

true, but it looks good in gerwalk. :p

Cool, what colour paint scheme you want for it?

I have some general ideas. But I kinda want to have the bird in hand before I say anything definite or set anything in stone. I'm sure the devil is gonna be in the details, especially in the color schemes for the trim areas.

Though, I'm sure anyone who's seen some of my posts in the old YF-21 thread will have a good guess of what I'll be doing.

Double down. ;)

I don't see any reason to feel too bad about that. After all Brawl = Best Tankbot Ever. I know what you mean about it being a heavy bot season - I still can't decide if I'm going to get Animated or skip it. It'd be an easy decision if I had a chin fetish

I will probably end up skipping animated for some classics/universe. I do like the fact that animated is trying something different with the transformers by making them like superheroes and giving them a greater focus on the characters themselves and not just the fighting. The new generations of kids needs to see what good writing can do, and treat the series less like a robot show and more like a show you watch with robots in it. If the series wasn't about robots and you had no interest in toys, you would hopefully still want to watch it for the characters' depth, story and humor. ..but that doesn't mean I prefer it over a non-super hero style of show where the fighting CAN be the focus of the story and it is just action packed fight scene after another. (ie see the new Spectacular Spiderman cartoon if you want to see a fast action-packed ADHD toon with cool fights and witty dialogue, and less emphasis on character development) Which is why I can ignore the animated toys. I feel like as good as they are, it is just that bit easier to resist because of the decision to make the robot modes more cartoony. I'm sure they will still sell well though.

As for the purchase of Leader Brawl:

Yeah I like brawl leader class version. Accept for the face. I do like the claws on the leader version. You get that sense he is an evil creature and is designed for one thing: destruction. All the heavy weapons and bulky body covered in armor plates is the reminder to run away. "I am the giant robot. Since I'm not a shrinking robot from G1 like megatron who goes down to normal size, or a combiner like devastator who crumbles into pieces just from losing balance, my natural size is scary enough. I am a monster robot"

And this is where the more animalistic claws seem to work well for him where it doesn't for the good guys who still look 'creepy' by having sharp hands and stuff. You can imagine that evil robot guys specifically created brawl, tortured him, and then like a caged animal set him free to go and destroy things like a trained unthinking beast. Oh well that's what made me buy him. Also helped that starscream sucked for being a chunky fighter jet so it meant there wasn't many other Decepticons worth getting. (and yes I have seen custom paint of megatron and do think it looks awesome but I don't have patience to do that. Brawl looks ok just plain green)

And people that say deluxe brawl is better: I think they are lying.

1. Leader brawl has better and more practical transformation. (the tank turret isn't a mere shell that hides the arms, it's a solid piece that you can imagine has stuff inside it in both modes to be functional in both modes. Just like how a valkyrie doesn't split up the cockpit into parts and still remains useful and functional in all modes because it's a part that doesn't need to change.)

2. the long cannon of deluxe brawl would have made the joint go loose at larger scales where things start getting heavier. Any robot that has one really long barrel is going to need a strong joint in the elbow for larger size toys. Plus if the robot was real it would shoot more accurately by having the gun mounted to the backpack and guided by the hand of the user.

3. more movie-accurate than deluxe

4. no shoulder problem connecting to the body on the leader class

5. skinny arms but chunky legs look silly on the deluxe.

6. more detail due to the bigger size. For example the minigun can be seen and isn't covered up by the hinge of the wrist-mounted claw weapon.

7. clicky joints. But it needs them so you can say it isn't really a great advantage.

The Bad poo:

1. worse green than the deluxe version imo

2. more expensive

3. poo pose-ability. But it's a blocky guy that sits there and blows poo up. Not dances and somersaults and twists and cartwheels from danger. It's actually suitable for a brute force character to not care about moving around so much when its attention should be on using all its weapons to shoot/destroy 90% of the time, and 10% advance. Instead of "evade and run" like the smaller lighter guy. It's like a monster robot similar to the introduction of scorponok in the movie. Size and strength over brains.

4. the light and sound gimmicks. Clear plastic parts don't go well with the rest of the robot's body.

5. the main cannon barrel is smaller in proportion to the rest of its body than the deluxe which has a fat cannon barrel, which gives it a more powerful look. You can say this is like the transformers equivalent to the "small hands = more girly" argument for the yamato 1/48 vf-1, where having something be all skinny makes it seem a little too weak and delicate. :D

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I will probably end up skipping animated for some classics/universe. I do like the fact that animated is trying something different with the transformers by making them like superheroes and giving them a greater focus on the characters themselves and not just the fighting. The new generations of kids needs to see what good writing can do, and treat the series less like a robot show and more like a show you watch with robots in it. If the series wasn't about robots and you had no interest in toys, you would hopefully still want to watch it for the characters' depth, story and humor. ..but that doesn't mean I prefer it over a non-super hero style of show where the fighting CAN be the focus of the story and it is just action packed fight scene after another. (ie see the new Spectacular Spiderman cartoon if you want to see a fast action-packed ADHD toon with cool fights and witty dialogue, and less emphasis on character development) Which is why I can ignore the toys. I feel like as good as they are, because they want to be stylised in such a way that their body is exaggerated, it is just that bit easier to resist. I'm sure they will still sell well though.

As for the purchase of Leader Brawl:

Yeah I like brawl leader class version. Accept for the face. I do like the claws on the leader version. You get that sense he is an evil creature and is designed for one thing: destruction. All the heavy weapons and bulky body covered in armor plates is the reminder to run away. "I am the giant robot. Since I'm not a shrinking robot from G1 like megatron who goes down to normal size, or a combiner like devastator who crumbles into pieces just from losing balance, my natural size is scary enough. I am a monster robot"

And this is where the more animalistic claws seem to work well for him where it doesn't for the good guys who still look 'creepy' by having sharp hands and stuff. You can imagine that evil robot guys specifically created brawl, tortured him, and then like a caged animal set him free to go and destroy things like a trained unthinking beast. Oh well that's what made me buy him. Also helped that starscream sucked for being a chunky fighter jet so it meant there wasn't many other decepticons worth getting. (and yes I have seen custom paint of megatron and stuff and think it looks awesome but I don't have patience to do that. Brawl looks ok just plain green)

And people that say deluxe brawl is better: I think they are lying.

1. Leader brawl has better and more practical transformation. (the tank turret isn't a mere shell that hides the arms, it's a solid piece that you can imagine has stuff inside it in both modes to be functional in both modes. Just like how a valkyrie doesn't split up the cockpit into parts and still remains useful and functional in all modes because it's a part that doesn't need to change.)

2. the long cannon of deluxe brawl would have made the joint go loose. Any robot that has one really long barrel is going to need a strong joint in the elbow for larger size toys. Plus if the robot was real it would shoot more accurately by having the gun mounted to the backpack and guided by the hand of the user.

3. more movie accurate than deluxe

4. no shoulder problem connecting to the body.

5. skinny arms but chunky legs look silly. Arms being at the sides on leader class is better imo.

6. more detail due to the bigger size. For example the minigun can be seen and isn't covered up by the hinge of the wrist mounted claw weapon.

7 clicky joints.

The Bad poo:

1. worse green than the deluxe version imo

2. more expensive

3. poo pose-ability. But it's a blocky guy that sits there and blows poo up. Not dances and somersaults and twists and cartwheels from danger. It's actually suitable for a brute force character to not care about moving around so much when its attention should be on using all its weapons to destroy 90% of the time instead of evade like the smaller guy. It's like a monster robot like similar to the introduction of scorponok in the movie.

4. the light and sound gimmicks. Clear plastic parts don't go well with the rest of the robot's body.

5. the main cannon barrel is smaller in proportion to its body than the deluxe. The deluxe Brawl makes the barrel large which gives it a more powerful look. You can say this is like the transformers equivalent to the "small hands = more girly" argument for the yamato 1/48 vf-1, where having something be skinny makes it seem a little too weak and delicate. :D

LOL I think you posted in the wrong topic shirlock.

I'm getting itchy now. The suns down and it's only 14 hours till the shops open. GAH! Why can't time go faster?! Oh, man....got the shakes......bugs crawling over my skin. God....i'm thirsty. Play with the 1/72 for a while. Take the edge off. No. No good. Cold shower. Not working. Bugs again. I"M FREAKING OUT, MAN!!!!!

I'm getting itchy now. The suns down and it's only 14 hours till the shops open. GAH! Why can't time go faster?! Oh, man....got the shakes......bugs crawling over my skin. God....i'm thirsty. Play with the 1/72 for a while. Take the edge off. No. No good. Cold shower. Not working. Bugs again. I"M FREAKING OUT, MAN!!!!!

Are you sure that's all you do to take the edge off? If the sun's rises red tomorrow, I'll know you lied cuz that means innocent bazillions of microscopic souls were actually sacrificed for this work of evil. :lol:

Diatribe? Yes. Dangerous? It depends on how you take it. Since that post wasn't addressed to you personally, then you're reading someone else's mail.

Now here's something for you to chew on... Pretty much EVERYTHING since the 1st 1/72 YF19 that are broken through the use of lousy materials has not been resolved to the benefit of their customers.

f sake BoB give it a rest till the 21 is out and tested. For now no one gives a flying sh^t.

True your bitching is warranted most of the time but i don't need to read it in just about every thread in this forum.

Now i'm bitching.

Zoink! :p ahhh good to be back after a hard days work, now where's my YF-21/s Yamato!

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

If any of those are right, we're going to blame you. :p

:lol:

I wanna be the one to say "I TOLD YOU SO" before BoB gets the priviledge. ^_^

About weak gerwalks, i feel the VF-11 suffers most from this. YF-21 is pretty ok actually and i feel is better than the YF-19 one.

oooo, the head turns! Awesome.

pics look great. There u go delimiter fans, prove positive the arms n legs come off.

fighter mode is really the killer on this one, much like the 19 IMO.

They dont seem to point out any QC problems either, at least not based on the pics...

Head turns, cool. I don't really like the head though, but at least they've managed to give it some articulation.

Every time I look at the toy, the more interested I am in buying it, but if that nose doesn't lock firmly in place for battroid mode, it's all over for me. I liked the SV-51, but the chest didn't lock in securely either, unless I missed a step in the transformation process.

I'll be paying attention to this thread (or a new one) in the next couple of days for everyone's reviews on this new Yamato release.

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix