Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Had dinner with 3 people from Yamato last night and was told the release date for the YF-21 is end of April or early May.

Not sure why you guys having been saying it's going to be released on the 9th or 10th April?

Graham

Had dinner with 3 people from Yamato last night and was told the release date for the YF-21 is end of April or early May.

Not sure why you guys having been saying it's going to be released on the 9th or 10th April?

Graham

http://macrossworld.com/mwf/index.php?show...st&p=574174

Apparently, VALKYRIE _EXCHANGE's suppliers don't know what the f*ck they're talking about then. :angry:

-Kyp

Release dates often remain highly fluid, based on how much the molds need to be tweaked after they are cut.

Even with CAD CAM designs and tooling there is always a certain amount of fine tuning that needs to be done.

Graham

i was under the impression they'd have all that ironed out before setting a date.

then again, i'm basing my assumptions on Kaiyodo's release dates.

if they're making improvements to the molds & etc., then that's good enough reason to wait 'til May ^_^

Yep. I was told end of April or early May by a guy at Sakuraya today. Not as psyched over the 21 as I am the 1/60 though.

Oh, I forgot. They had a list of forthcoming releases on the wall in the store. Of the nearly 100 items on the list, there was no 21 scheduled for April.. I guess it's gonna be May then.

Edited by Alex

Cool.

If they have to delay the release a little bit to fine tune the molds and stuff, I'm sure we'll all deal with it.

I'd rather wait and get a high-quality bird, rather than have Yamato rush to market and give us 21's with a bunch of annoying issues and flaws.

......And it also gives our fearless leader more time to write up his review (or put his prototype YF-21 through some more rigorous "testing"). ;)

Judging by the latest scan I would say the battroid mode is going to be a compromise for fighter mode again - typical Yamato.

Legs are too thin, too curvy, and the feet or should I say stumps don't look good either.

And sum that up with with the rest of the body and it makes for top tier ugliness!

Good thing I'm not so much of a YF-21 lover, otherwise I would be mighty irritated by this.

No wonder we've seen more shots of fighter and so little of the battroid mode.

Since I've pre-paid, any delay in release is just a continuation of the anticipatory agony for this toy to get to my hands; however, if a small delay means a greater likelihood of a trouble free first edition, then by all means take as much time as required to guarantee a defect free launch. Early to mid May should be fine.

Judging by the latest scan I would say the battroid mode is going to be a compromise for fighter mode again - typical Yamato.

Legs are too thin, too curvy, and the feet or should I say stumps don't look good either.

And sum that up with with the rest of the body and it makes for top tier ugliness!

Good thing I'm not so much of a YF-21 lover, otherwise I would be mighty irritated by this.

No wonder we've seen more shots of fighter and so little of the battroid mode.

If you want a "beefier" battroid, with the resulting 2x as thick fighter mode, Yamato has already released several other 1/72 YF-21's, with and without FAST packs. Yamato is making this new one for those of us who wanted a better fighter mode than the old one.

If you want a "beefier" battroid, with the resulting 2x as thick fighter mode, Yamato has already released several other 1/72 YF-21's, with and without FAST packs. Yamato is making this new one for those of us who wanted a better fighter mode than the old one.

I think you mean, " Yamato is making this new one for those of us who wanted a valkyrie and not a transformer. :p

I think you mean, " Yamato is making this new one for those of us who wanted a valkyrie and not a transformer. :p

Ha! I thought the same thing but said to myself... "Self, let someone else take this one."

chris

Ha! I thought the same thing but said to myself... "Self, let someone else take this one."

chris

fug that, too many transformer hippies as it is they need to be told we want Varible Fighters not tree stump

legged bots who have a hard time shooting at one another!

Don't forget the basic facts of fandom.

"If it exists, we the fanbase must bitch about it's imperfections..."

I really think this 1/60 version is the best design to be had if you take out the

nigh toxic levels of Anime Magick that was cast on the Yf-21's limbs and head

in battloid mode. They are in most line art too big to work no matter the scale.

AAAAAH! D-stance has clown feet!

The only thing I don't like is how large the belly-plates are in battroid mode, but that can't be helped. I really like what Yamato's managed to achieve in the YF-21. :)

Edited by Sumdumgai

I've disagreed with those wanting thicker legs, but I actually would like bigger feet, more like the D-stance version. :lol:

I do like how the lower calf/ankle of the D-stance is at a slightly different angle than the rest of the leg, i.e. it doesn't go straight down. It reinforces the q-rau heritage, imo.

That's great with the d-stance revisting us, now the 1/60 battroid looks better to me.

INDEED! The D Stance really shapes up that bad boy!

:ph34r:

What is the current release date for this toy? Also, who do you think will ship out first?

Supposibly the release date (according to certain suppliers) was the 9th or the 10th of this month. But it would seem like it may be a little later. LAFtoys is stating that they will have theirs in stock come the 30th of this month. Who will ship out first...is anyones guess.

Edited by misterryno

INDEED! The D Stance really shapes up that bad boy!

Well it's just that the D-Stance has a nicer pose, more actiony. The 1/60 has a stationary pose, all i would do is

move the head shell upwards just like the d-stance, and use the wings more to take away the appearance of the skinnier

legs (by moving it into view more). Coolioz.

AAAAAH! D-stance has clown feet!

The only thing I don't like is how large the belly-plates are in battroid mode, but that can't be helped. I really like what Yamato's managed to achieve in the YF-21. :)

Umm...what exactly is the D-stance?

:blink:

oo