Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Dude, the Q=Rau has lower legs as straight as any Valk:

look at the outside line of the lower leg, it flares down. Now look at the d-stance, the ankle/lower leg angles forward mimicking that flare. Now look at the yamato yf-21, it drops straight down, does not mimick the flare:

blah.jpg

Edited by eugimon

Yeah, might be consideration for some room while the legs are in the bay underneath. Just a thought. There didn't look like there would be much more room, since we didn't get chunkier legs.

Well the D-stance should be standing up with straighter legs, because that pose probably emphasizes the curves on the legs more than they would be in a more upright pose like the Q-rau and Yamato YF-21. It is quite curved regardless.

look at the outside line of the lower leg, it flares down. Now look at the d-stance, the ankle/lower leg angles forward mimicking that flare. Now look at the yamato yf-21, it drops straight down, does not mimick the flare:

blah.jpg

"You know what, Eugimon, if you want it to have 37 pieces of flare, like your pretty boy D-Stance over there, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flare?" :lol:

sorry couldn't resist an Office Space nod

Are we really nitpicking it that much that we (as in not me) have to complain about "leg flair"?

Wow.

I'm really disappointed in what this place has become. :wacko:

yes, you're so smart and enlightened. yay you.

I know you're against critical thought when it comes to films (or at least those you work on) but I didn't know you didn't want us to compare discuss toys as well.

Edited by eugimon

yes, you're so smart and enlightened. yay you.

I know you're against critical thought when it comes to films (or at least those you work on) but I didn't know you didn't want us to compare discuss toys as well.

Oh don't go getting your panties in a bunch. :rolleyes: I'm not saying that you can't discuss this or that. Just saying that nitpicking something down to a "leg flair" is a little much, and its to the point of sounding like whining, spoiled little babies. Which is what we've all become really since Yamato started producing these toys.

Oh don't go getting your panties in a bunch. :rolleyes: I'm not saying that you can't discuss this or that. Just saying that nitpicking something down to a "leg flair" is a little much, and its to the point of sounding like whining, spoiled little babies. Which is what we've all become really since Yamato started producing these toys.

Jeebus, talk about panties in a bunch... did you even follow how we got to this point, or did you just have a knee jerk reaction? This wasn't nit picking, this was comparing the d-stance to the yamato and finally a discussion on how the leg elements compare or do not compare to design elements on the q-rau. There was no negativity or whining, until now. When you introduced it.

Macrossworld has always been about nitpicking, complaining and arguing. Its never gonna change :lol: . Plus we need things to talk about before the aparent late April/early May release date so it has come down to comparing a model to a mass produced toy. In my opinion the thing looks perfect, whats is it with you people and your chubby leg fetishes.

Given the sleekness of the fighter mode, I think Yamato did well capturing the look of the 21's B-mode without compromising one or the other too much. The legs look skinny in the pics, but I'll be happier to judge proportions when I can turn it this way and that and stand it next to my 19. For what it's worth, it's a pretty damned good looking toy as is, and I can overlook the slim legs for what it contributes to the fighter. I just hope the joints are solid and it balances well enough to pose a bit.

Just stole a couple of pics from G-Man's page (http://www.macrossworld.com/macross/toys/YF-21/yf21.htm), my fav 2 pics.

yf21climbing.jpg

yf21starclimb.jpg

This pic above is brilliant with the wings in fast speed mode folded down, i plan to rip off the legs and arms

for delimiter mode, gonna be b e a u t i f u l!

Shoot, man the legs and arms are already so well hidden why even bother taking off the arms and legs? :lol:

Must.have.YF-21.

Already have it pre-ordered... but hope I can wait out HLJ. I'll probably end up buying it from Frank & Sons as soon as I see it.

I notice there there are two different versions of the gunpod for the YF-21. On the D-stance, and the new GN-U figure, it has a blue gunpod, but on the 1/60, it has a gray one. Did it have different coloring in the OVA version than the movie version or something?

Edited by GogDog

I like the proportions of this:

ohh yeah, i love this pic, this is the first image of the YF-21 (battroid) before i watched the OVA or seen advertisements.

Yeah. I mean, the animation has the entire front half of the plane (torso) only as long as the SHIN...

lol! very true.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie