Official 1/60 YF-21 News & Picture Thread (ver.2)

Graham

Is it here yet?

Now that I got my Legioss & Tread, I want my YF-21.

So what's next from Yamato, any word yet? Maybe a VF-4 or reactive armor for my VF-o?

Is it here yet?

Now that I got my Legioss & Tread, I want my YF-21.

So what's next from Yamato, any word yet? Maybe a VF-4 or reactive armor for my VF-o?

The next thing that's coming out would be the new 1/60 VF-1S Roy, after that, I'm not sure.

-Kyp

With each meeting, I'm trying to persuade them to go for the M7 licence as I think there is definitely enough demand now for a good 1/60 VF-22 Max, Millia & Gamlin, VF-11B/D, VF-17D/S Dimoand Force and VF-17S Milia and VF-19Kai/F/S.

Graham

With each meeting, I'm trying to persuade them to go for the M7 licence as I think there is definitely enough demand now for a good 1/60 VF-22 Max, Millia & Gamlin, VF-11B/D, VF-17D/S Dimoand Force and VF-17S Milia and VF-19Kai/F/S.

Graham

i hope they push thru on this. btw is there going to be a yf-21 review coming?

Graham

Hey Graham, does Yamato give you any sales figures on their Macross toys? I figure by now with several years behind them, I'm sure sales are pretty healthy and have increased, maybe not as big as Gundam toy/model sales, but it seems like this forum attracts new collectors all the time, so sales must be growing, hopefully in Japan, too. At the same time, they have to see that fans are clamoring for different Macross mecha that have never been released as toys or even models. I'm still hoping that someone will make a VF-2SS toy before I meet my maker. :lol:

I'm still hoping that someone will make a VF-2SS toy before I meet my maker. :lol:

Amen to that. But I think Graham mention once that they won't be doing one. But I sure do pray and hope everyday they will change their minds and do it. Macross 2 needs some Yamato love too!

Anybody notice how the cockpit bubble is transparent in the first scan, and apparently "shielded" in the second? (Especially looking from the side view.) Is it an optical illusion/early prototype, or is there some sort of sliding heat-shield inside the bubble?

Or did I just miss something, and all this has already been hashed out?

~Luke

Edit: Just answered my own question, that second set of images is pretty old, so it's probably just a cloudy prototype canopy. Oh well.

Edited by IAD

Graham

RIGHT ON G MAN! THANKS for being our mouths (I know that sounds funny...but you do so much speaking for us....it is very kind of you) ^_^

:ph34r:

Graham

That is great news. Keep it up and lets us know how we can help.

The next thing that's coming out would be the new 1/60 VF-1S Roy, after that, I'm not sure.

-Kyp

That and the 1/60 Destroid Tomahawk... don't forget the Destroids. ^_^

Truth be told, I'm looking forward to the Tomahawk far more than the 1/60 VF-1 rehash; I'm all VF-oned out at this point (I'll make exceptions for 2 seaters)... I want stuff I haven't seen before in toy form.

Edited by mechaninac

Graham

I'm personally not a fan of any of the Mac7 mecha, but Yamato would be wise to listen to you. There seems to be a lot of hope on this board for alternate face plates and canopies and such for the 21 to convert it to a quasi-22. Sometimes I get the feeling that the 22 is even more coveted than the 21.

And anything with a Max/Milia scheme seems to be in high demand.

To Yamato: Max VF-22 = $$$... No wait, they'll just do a superduper limited release only for Japanese citizens whose last name rimes with Kawamori. :p

Seriously now, looks like the whole M7 license thing was just that it had expired and Yamato didn’t want to pay up. Do these legal things go up in price? Maybe MF made the fee go up.

Edited by Twoducks

More importantly with a Mac7 license I could have my VF-5000

The VF-X license may have you covered on this one; this license doesn't seem to be a problem for Yamato as evidenced by the little VA-3 Invader that will be sold.

The VF-X license may have you covered on this one; this license doesn't seem to be a problem for Yamato as evidenced by the little VA-3 Invader that will be sold.

Whhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaattttttttttttt? :o VA-3 when? :rolleyes::D

Edited by robodragon

It's the 9th, and hopefully our friends out there overseas will be picking these up and telling us about them and with pictures too, I hope! :p

-Kyp

:o

Is it that time already!? Where is Swoosh with his usual awesome pics?

:o

Is it that time already!? Where is Swoosh with his usual awesome pics?

Lettin us down it would seem. Comeon Swoosh......WE NEED YOU!

i was looking at Yamato's website and there's no an oficial release date yet... it just says "4" but thats the month, nothing about the day u_u

Edited by Priss!

This product will be in stock on Wednesday 30 April, 2008.

That was from the Lost and Found Toys website....what the f*ck? That pisses me off, I thought this thing was supposed to come out April 9th? Lame... :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Edited by Kyp Durron

This product will be in stock on Wednesday 30 April, 2008.

That was from the Lost and Found Toys website....what the f*ck? That pisses me off, I thought this thing was supposed to come out April 9th? Lame... :rolleyes:

-Kyp

Yeah...maybe across seas....but you know that it always takes longer to get here. Maybe you'll get lucky and Los will get his shipment sooner than the 30th.

Well, if it's the 30th for it to get here in the states, that would be closer to what I was expecting. But if it isn't supposed to be out at all till then, then I'm gonna be pissed.

-Kyp

Yeah...when Los says that it will be in stock on that date that means it will be here in the states. I am still going with the actual release date of the 9th or 10th for overseas.