Why is the Low Vis 1 "cooler" than the Low Vis 2

sqidd

i don't really find it (lowvis 1) way too cooler than any other valks.. perhaps, it's mainly because of its being "limited" that made us look at it as such..

i used to think the 1J Max and Miriya are really cool looking valks.. but after the reissue, they don't look as good as it was back then.. don't get me wrong, i still love the couple's valk.

I love the scheme and it photographs well. LV2 doesn't photograph well and isn't GUARANTEED to be limited the way the LV1 seemingly is (with the word "limited" appearing on the LV1 box but not on the LV2). LV1 also strikes you as a real world fighter whereas the LV2, while based off a real world paint scheme, doesn't really hit me that way.

It's cooler because of all the reasons previously stated. It has an air of "reality" that is unmatched by any other VF-1... somehow, although based off a real camo style, the LV2 just seems "fake". And to top it all off, the LV1 is the only VF-1 to come beautifully panel lined right out of the box.

LV1 is an exact copy of one of the most well-known real low-vis schemes, which is itself very similar to the next 5 or so most common real-world low-vis schemes. It's as typical and realistic as low-vis gets.

LV2 isn't even low-vis IMHO, and is only an approximation of a not-well-known semi-SEA scheme from Japan. It's camoflage, but it sure isn't low-vis.

LV2 isn't even low-vis IMHO, and is only an approximation of a not-well-known semi-SEA scheme from Japan. It's camoflage, but it sure isn't low-vis.

Shhhyeah it is......if your taxi ing the thing through a forest LMAO :lol::lol::lol::lol:

The LV2 is "forest camouflage." The mere mention of the color scheme is enough to make some people vomit. A forest colored plane? Realistic maybe, but unattractive nonetheless.

Ew...

Why is the LV1 cooler than the LV2? Color and Limited Availability.

Personally, I like both schemes. But if the LV2 was finished in matte, it would be just as good as the LV1. It took me a while to acquire the LV1, only because of price. There are plenty around, just that most owners who have them consider them investments and not really toys to be played with (I am not one of these owners).

The problem for me with the LV1 is that the camo splotches rub off if you handle the valkyrie too much. On the other hand, the LV2 doesn't present itself to grief where in time the LV1 will without a doubt be paint damaged. Yet, the monetary demand for the LV1 will always remain high (with damage present).

I forgot where I got it from...hell it mightve been from a thread here but I thought people said the production for LV1 was about a 1,000. Anyone else remember reading that?

the LV1 was my very 1st 1/48 and it still one of my favorites.

as far as production numbers for it, its a question for the ages.

its been asked dozens of times and yamato has never answered it.

I thought I remembered reading tha the LV1 was around 5000. DND is right though, there's no definitive answer out there, just speculation.

EDIT - Some day we'll learn if you count all the "L"s and all the "V"s in every signature Graham has had since the LV1 was released you'll get the exact quantity that have been produced...

Edited by jenius

I remain one of the few people who like LV2....

But there are different preferences... for instance, some people find Angel Bird to be lovely - I find it to be really yucky...the paint scheme just doesn't sit well with a VF1....

VFTF1

Well, the scheme is cool, but that is not why I got it for. I admit, it was just to fill out my collection and because it was rare.

I do like it though, cause it has the best QC out of all the Valks.

The best QC ha? :lol: That's coz no one plays with it to smudge the paint! No loose joints after one repeat transformation and smudged fingers oh no. :p

The Low Vis 1 has 2 things goin for it to make it cool, it's rare (and quite expensive) and its sorta based off a real aircraft paint scheme. The Low Vis 2 is a cool paint scheme in my eyes but some people just despise it. Maybe if they hadnt called it low vis 2 but .... um....... forest runway camo scheme then it would be more widely accepted. Of course yamato did go abit too far releasing the forest camo armor, is a VF-1 even able to operate with all that armor in earths gravity?

i thought the lv1 was sorta dull, which is why I repainted it.

Lv2 is great. For the people asking why jungle camo for a plane; keep in mind it isnt JUST a plane. U could have battroids hiding in taller tree areas on low power to lessen emmisions and it would be fairly effective.

• 4 weeks later...

It's rare. That's the main reason.

It's also got nice low visibility stickers, panel lining, and the grey looks good for vf-1 if you can imagine the thing to have existed in the real world. It also comes with a different pilot than the one you see in macross.

I like it in the same way I like the cannon fodder vf-11b just because the plain-ness gives it a more gritty appearance as a killing machine and not some kids toy in high contrast primary colours living in an anime world where all kinds of strange paintscheme that make the mecha more visually appealing are only going to give you away and make you easy to spot.

You never see destroids painted in funny colours (ok maybe in the robot carnival in macross 7 :D) so why valkyrie fighters? For this reason I wish the fighters in DYRL were grey and not white.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The Low vis 1 is cooler because I have it :wub: Back then I carefully applied the stickers. i never knew it would become sooo expensive. Still, the stickers don't have the clear part so it looks very good.

To be honest, I like them all. kawamori managed to design something so cool, pretty much any color configuration looks good on it.