Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

I like the ride armor, but not enough to pay more than $100 for any version of it. Something like the Legioss, which is one of my favorite mecha designs ever, sure. But not the ride armor.

With the amount that I paid for the Thunder Hammer (which is a lot more than the Beagle Ride Armor, sorry if that sounds like bragging... I just want to get my point across), I pretty much resigned to the fact that I wont be removing the armor off the valkyrie and I wont be trasforming that particular one. I'm going to get a display case for it and pretty much leave it alone forever. But with the Beagle ride armor, this is something that I would want to transform back and forth over and over again. And I cant just see myself handling a $600 toy, moving parts and clicking them apart...

BTW, where's the treading on the tires? I thought I saw them before...

I'm so hoping this is a bad rumor cuz I really want it.

Guys, he said its just a "rumour", its not a fact yet.

I agree. I have a feeling that we'll find out that someone add a 0. 6000 yen sound mor like a reasonable price which is at around $60. USD.

I doubt it'd be $60, that'd put it in at less than the CMs! Maybe that's what's happening here though. People are looking at it and thinking "Man, that's ten times as cool as the CMs toy! Oh crap, it'll probably be 10x as much!"

I think it'll probably run around $60. If you consider how things have gone, you have to assume that Beagle is watching and reading the responses of the Mospeada fans. Most fans think that $60 is about the right price for Ride Armors, so they may be trying to completely take over the market by debuting a nice, well built, affordable toy. Honestly, how many people wouldn't get one for that price assuming there aren't glaring QC issues.

To bring some GOOD news back to the thread after the 60,000 JPY Beagle Ride Armor buzzkill....looks like Megahouse is releasing the Bartley after the Blowsuperior. I don't think this has been posted yet. Courtesy of Tokyo Hunter and HLJ:

yay! cool pic! Bring on Houquet! 2 of you baby! lol, 600 for one stinking beagle? hahahahhahahahahaha

$600? Nope, dont by it.

That Yacolog link has good pictures and shows some interesting things:

*The Helmet IS removable, u can see underneath it in parts.

*The sensor looks to have a hatch to pop up from.

*The armour....u dont suppose it would be removble do u?

very cool toy.

very interesting if the armor can be removed and they can wear their normal casual clothes.

will be the ultimate mospeada toy?

but still... the price tag really kills it. at that price, probably only Stick or at most Rey will be made.

thanks for posting the pics.

defintely the best mospeada so far. bike-to-rider proportion is very much closer to the correct scale.

but the face sculpt needs a lot of work. that face doesn't look like Stick at all.

The Beagle looks rather nice indeed. However, if that rumoured price is anywhere near correct it is going t be well out of my league.

I may have to remain content with me CMS Stick, which I'm actually quite fond of. (But don't tell Stick I broke his bike. It's nt my fault, the windshield just kind of fell off...... On a serious note, anyone any recommendations for what type of glue to use to reattach it. I was going to go for a dod of superglue but wanted to ask around to see if anyone knew if that would cause any problems first.)

Karl

The Beagle looks rather nice indeed. However, if that rumoured price is anywhere near correct it is going t be well out of my league.

I may have to remain content with me CMS Stick, which I'm actually quite fond of. (But don't tell Stick I broke his bike. It's nt my fault, the windshield just kind of fell off...... On a serious note, anyone any recommendations for what type of glue to use to reattach it. I was going to go for a dod of superglue but wanted to ask around to see if anyone knew if that would cause any problems first.)

Karl

I used epoxy to put my windshield back on. I wasn't to worried about fogging my screen considering it was already badly fogged right out of the factory <_<

Epoxy tends to dry clear, and is very very strong stuff.

You could always try hitting it with some plastic cement if you are worried about super-glue fogging on the windshield... Tamiya's Extra Thin is best.

I was more concerned about it having a corrosive effect and scarring the bike actually.

Ta for the recommendations Prometheum5, Gobotfool I shall bear them in mind.

Karl

Edited by Awacs

I honestly wouldn't take the rumored price of 60,000 Yen with anything more than a largish grain of salt. The chicken little mentality wears thin.

I dunno. I wouldn't put it past these companies. Remember that this is a detailed man-doll which comes with a complex transforming apparatus. When you consider the $500 price tag of the new Minmay doll in that other thread, you can see that these guys are smoking the same joint and it kinda makes sense when you subscribe to their screwed-up logic.

I can say these will probably be extremely limited.

Ok, as much as I hate to be "that guy"...... this thread has grown to nearly 100 pages long and I simply don't have the time to read through it all. So now that several of the ride armors are out there, I put the question to you all.

In short, which ride armor do you guys currently feel is the best. I'm just wondering if there's any concensus out there because a friend of mine may be visiting Japan soon and said she'd happily pick me up any item or two. Also, does anyone think the ride armor that is yet to come out (Beagle?/Toynami?) looks like its worth waiting for ?

Thanks